idea

So because I didn't jump to your boring, trite twist to MY idea, al of a sudden mm, mf, mmf, ffm, mm, ff, and group sex are all boring. Young people having the permission hey have never had inn our society is boring but their being peeped at and sodomized is not? I guess we have differet defnitions of boring.
 
Well, if I had been raised a Shinto and studied in a Shinto temple to become a Shinto priest, (whatever that is) perhaps I would have suggested Shintoism, but I know about Christianity and Catholicism and their views on sex, so I chose them, duh.

Whatever floats your boat, Robert. duh.
 
So because I didn't jump to your boring, trite twist to MY idea, al of a sudden mm, mf, mmf, ffm, mm, ff, and group sex are all boring. Young people having the permission hey have never had inn our society is boring but their being peeped at and sodomized is not? I guess we have differet defnitions of boring.

lol I don't care what you attempt to jump your old bones to nor do I care if you break them on your way down. You have an intensely bad attitude towards the people who are here trying to share an idea for which you have asked in the first place. If all you want to stick with is in fact, YOUR ideas, then why are you posting? Duh! I think your idea is stupid in the first place...LOLOL seriously, Jesus...with nothing better to do in the entire universe is going to appear to a group of christian kids and tell them it's okay for them to have sex. Are you drunk sir? It's just so stupid and unlikely and unrelatable and EVERYONE who's replied has taken your stupid idea and at least made it ENTERTAINING. Why don't you get your Walmart greeter job back and contribute to society? Duhhhhh lol
 
Borborites

Well, I don't want to get too down on robert's idea or fight with him about it. So, to see if I can contribute something more in line of what he's looking for: it turns out there actually was a libertine, free-love Gnostic sect in early Christianity called (among a bunch of other things) the Borborites. Their ideas were represented in a number of apocryphal Gospels including a Gospel of Eve which (most of it now being lost) an enterprising writer might be able to invent a few quotes from. Something like that might be a useful basis for the free-love Jesus of your story concept.
 
Thank you Cyrano. i don't think I was rude at all except in response to those who were rude to me.

Most of the suggestions were for evil men using the guise of Jesus to perpetrate rape or NEGATIVE actions. The idea (and yes it is mine) is about delightful wonderful dirty sex WITH GOD's ACTUAL PERMISSION. And yes there are loads of alternative scriptures to support the idea, all of which were ruthlessly cut down at Nicene and other "Church" counsels. In addition, there is history which suggests that at least some early Christians lived communally (ref. Communion)
which included sexual communality. Paul is regarded as being largely responsible for driving sex out of Christianity.

You see, I studied for a time to be a priest, so i have some background in church history. And another well of knowledge I obtained as a reaction against that rigid upbringing.

I am sorry if i offended anyone, i surely did no mean to do so, But I don't think i was as offensive as whoever typed "BORING........."
 
We should do a Christian origins thread some time, because I actually think that whole rep is a bit unjust to Paul (who always seems to be copping the blame for the absence of whatever modern commentators think ought to have been included in Christianity). Convo for a different thread, though. Be interesting to have it with a former seminarian. :D

Good luck with your story idea.
 
Thank you Cyrano. i don't think I was rude at all except in response to those who were rude to me.

Most of the suggestions were for evil men using the guise of Jesus to perpetrate rape or NEGATIVE actions. The idea (and yes it is mine) is about delightful wonderful dirty sex WITH GOD's ACTUAL PERMISSION. And yes there are loads of alternative scriptures to support the idea, all of which were ruthlessly cut down at Nicene and other "Church" counsels. In addition, there is history which suggests that at least some early Christians lived communally (ref. Communion)
which included sexual communality. Paul is regarded as being largely responsible for driving sex out of Christianity.

You see, I studied for a time to be a priest, so i have some background in church history. And another well of knowledge I obtained as a reaction against that rigid upbringing.

I am sorry if i offended anyone, i surely did no mean to do so, But I don't think i was as offensive as whoever typed "BORING........."

LOL are you kidding with that? You KNOW your comments to people's ideas were rude as fuck, duh! And you know you were offensive....it was intentional on your part. It's funny though how you can be rude first and then hide behind your "almost" priest robe. I can deal with people like you being rude, I find you to be good practice...but what I can't stand is Liars. You certainly intended offense by your responses to people's ideas, you could at least stand up to that when you make your apology to them. I care not for an apology and I stand behind my comment of your story being BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG. Group of young adults going wild for a weekend of unprotected sex...cause Jesus said I could!!!! Pffft...welcome to spring break every year where hundreds and hundreds of young adults see Jesus every night telling them it's okay to have sex.
 
I personally don't see any reason to disbelieve robert about desire to offend or lack thereof, and can't say I see anything he's said as particularly rude... but having said that, I'm actually kind of intrigued by the strong responses this idea seems to elicit.

I mean, I really wasn't taking the piss (very much ;)) with my initial response, but looking back at it there's of course a basic disconnect going on. I'm intellectually aware that a lot of Catholic and Christian teaching makes a big deal about sex and original sin and the forbidding attitudes of God, but a gut level the idea of seeing sex as either "good" or "sinful" and of needing God's opinion to determine which is which -- the idea of seeing it as anything other than a natural process to which the terms "good" and "evil" are relevant only in the context of specific actions and situations -- is actually quite alien to me. So that's why I was initially a bit jokey about taking the idea seriously on its own terms.

I don't know if ShelbyBubbles' outright hostility to the premise -- or maybe just the poster, it's kind of hard to tell -- ultimately has a similar source or not. But I do know I was a bit taken aback by how strongly robert turned out to feel about the exercise as being a genuinely theological one in some sense (I guess knowing a bit more about his background now that makes more sense); not offended by any stretch, just surprised, and it looks like the reactions from the other side of that perceptual gulf can be just as surprisingly hot if not moreso.

All of which is to say that if robert actually writes this, which now I'm hoping he does, it will be interesting to watch how the reactions play out.
 
Really...? You can't tell where my "outright hostility" lies? lol I spelled it all out, word for word. But I can see where you'd stick up for him CyranoJ...he dotes on your words. My point...again, is that Robert has a piss poor attitude towards others on this thread and people have only been offering what he's asked. Have you actually read his replies that weren't to YOU? I for one find, "duh" to be extremely offensive and it's sounds so silly and out of context for an old man to say it to someone. Not to mention he feels that he's the only to see sex as good and not evil....wow, really? LOL okay. Say what you want about me, CyranoJ, in his defense, say I'm a bitch...I don't care. :D At least I'm honest and fair. I'm not going to offend then shy away and say I didn't mean it....in the same sentence as an apology none the less. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. And just because you don't see the rudeness and offensive intent in some of roberts' responses doesn't mean it wasn't there. And by the way....wasn't Woodstock all about free love and sex....? How many people saw Jesus there that entire weekend telling them that sex is good? lol Jesus
 
Here is an idea I had, tell me what you think.

A coed group of young Christians (18-21), who are all into the chastity thing are at a religious weekend retreat. a mixed group of boys and girls are praying and meditating when Jesus appears to them to tell them their religious leaders have it all wrong, that sex is a wonderful and glorious thing and he and Mary Magdeline had a wonderful relationship that prudes have submerged in a false history.

He goes on to bless them and give His permission for promiscuity. They have a blast.

everyone goes home a changed person and an advocate for free sex

I'll tell you a story .... there is this thing called the Harvest Crusade .... It's like religious concert/preachy thing for Christians (I believe) .... I've never attended. Takes place in stadiums across the country, I know an usher (I won't mention the stadium) there who tells me they are constantly catching these people having sex. In bathrooms, in parts of the stadiums that are closed off, they added extra security just to catch these people.

... I like the idea and if written well, I might love it. Just not as a satire.

Oh, I have known one of the Christians you are talking about .... sadly, my young mind couldn't grasp the concept that she just wasn't going to give it up. Learning experience, so maybe not that sad.

Edit: fixed something that was bothering me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've learn one thing on Lit, Shelby .... it's hard to take criticism, it's easy to give. Robert and I had a discussion about this.

But you're right, some of his comments were rude and ideas within the parameters of his own aren't really ideas, they're agreements. There is no expansion beyond his initial thought.

Edit: Beyond that, I like the idea.
 
You know, you should read before you jump. Nor only was I not rude to you, but I did not even respond directly to your idea which was very much in line with what I suggested. What i objected to, if you read what I wrote, was those who wanted to bring in the tired old priests fucking kids thing, or a scam of humans pretending to be Jesus to fuck kids, Those were my complaints, not anything abut you or your post. Until you answered me that I was somehow dissing you. That never occurred until after you wrote BORINNNNNNNNG! That was the first rude comment. To say "Duh" meaning, "you should have known that" is not rude. And I responded positively to those who understood my idea and made suggestions which expanded or related to that idea. So you were the asshole who makes nasty references to my age and was a creep about the whole thing.


Your post to me: So....you're not actually looking for ideas then. Right? You're just looking to see how many people have the SAME ideas that are dancing around in your head?
 
You know, you should read before you jump. Nor only was I not rude to you, but I did not even respond directly to your idea which was very much in line with what I suggested.

I have a feeling that's what Shelby is upset about.
 
Jus a side note: Would it be blasphemy to write this story and title it "Jesus is love Jesus is life"?
 
Shelby I think you must have been recruited by jbj or something. Since when do I dote on anyone's words. Can you show me one example of my "doting" on Cyrano's words? i think you must be crazy or something. Too many bubbles I guess.
 
ff5758c1-6699-4154-b19f-2e5edae44e4b.jpg
 
Shelby I think you must have been recruited by jbj or something. Since when do I dote on anyone's words. Can you show me one example of my "doting" on Cyrano's words? i think you must be crazy or something. Too many bubbles I guess.

LOL again...Duh! You're a creepy old man robert...you just are. And you can say ALLLLLLLLLLLLL you want to try to make others see me as the bad person...but they can all make their own opinions, I'm sure a lot already have a formed opinion about you that's probably not too far from what I think as well. I wasn't just talking about ME and your responses, or lack there of, to my posts...you're just a rude old man and nothing is more apparent. My insults to you WERE deliberate...lol, duh! I don't care what you say back to me it's not going to change your rotten personality or the fact that you had a piss poor attitude to a few people on this thread cause they had their own ideas about your story. Imagine that....asking for people ideas and getting THEIR ideas!! LOL duh...
 
I have a feeling that's what Shelby is upset about.

Are you illiterate....or have you just not been reading my posts? Letter by letter....words and sentences, actually spelled out for you. LOL go swallow more of roberts Duuuuuhhhhhst brown noser :D
 
Truth is stranger

Dead on.

At 17 I was already following Levay and Crowley, but attended a bible camp in upper state New York to...score with all the overly sexually frustrated preachers daughters.

It did not take much, trust me. But at least I was honest with myself that I was only going for that not because I bought into the BS being taught there.

One need only read the headlines about the Duggars and the "Quiverfull movement" and the sex abuse to see what hypocrites these cult people are. I like the idea of a story where ideology is twisted, so "pure" men and women become debauched in some form or another.
 
Back
Top