Pegasus' Wings (Mecha Lounge)

Now see, that's silly.

*does another armor switch, and the Dragoon frame is replaced by an antibeam armor and charged particle cannon mounted on one arm*

How is making MS smaller and what not a silly though?
Bigger slower MS take just as much damage as smaller MS, but bigger MS are easier to hit.

How is making MS smaller and what not a silly though?
Bigger slower MS take just as much damage as smaller MS, but bigger MS are easier to hit.

I meant not focusing on armor. Making them less easy to hit is not as good as making them able to negate or absorb damage.

I meant not focusing on armor. Making them less easy to hit is not as good as making them able to negate or absorb damage.

the EFSF were cheap bastards when they could get away with it.
I mean damn most of their capital ships didn't have I-fields and/or Beam shields at all.
MS almost never got I-fields and only carried small arm mounted beam shields there were not very powerful

the EFSF were cheap bastards when they could get away with it.
I mean damn most of their capital ships didn't have I-fields and/or Beam shields at all.
MS almost never got I-fields and only carried small arm mounted beam shields there were not very powerful

That's why you install a charged particle converter *points to the device mounted on the arm opposite the cannon*

That's why you install a charged particle converter *points to the device mounted on the arm opposite the cannon*

Would be nice to have mixed tech dragon.
But really they have to keep it inside Gundam.
I'm sure you could write up a whole reason on how it could work but really it doesn't matter.
You don't control bandai or sunrise or anything so it matters not.
Though I'd love to see your line up for a Super Robot Wars game.

Would be nice to have mixed tech dragon.
But really they have to keep it inside Gundam.
I'm sure you could write up a whole reason on how it could work but really it doesn't matter.
You don't control bandai or sunrise or anything so it matters not.
Though I'd love to see your line up for a Super Robot Wars game.

They use particle guns on several mobile suits and most ships in Gundam. The Tallgeese uses a particle gun. Musais have mega particle batteries.

They use particle guns on several mobile suits and most ships in Gundam. The Tallgeese uses a particle gun. Musais have mega particle batteries.

Yeah well Unicorn is one of the few Gundam animes where the carrier gets messed up.
Though we're only 2/6 for it so yeah.

Let's talk spaceships. For a space-going battleship, what are the things you guys think we should need:
Weapons (obviously) but what kind?
Engines?
Powerplant?
Fighters?
Marines?
Sensors?

Let's talk spaceships. For a space-going battleship, what are the things you guys think we should need:
Weapons (obviously) but what kind?
Engines?
Powerplant?
Fighters?
Marines?
Sensors?

Hmmm. If we're talking something that will operate entirely in space, it would need a high output thruster system, and vector nozzle systems for maneuvering. Or some sort of ion emitters. As for power plant, best bet would be some sort of non nuclear reaction system. Weapons....energy weapons would be unavoidable as there's no way to see them. Plasma beams are the exception as they use an ionized carrier material. Other than that you're looking at missiles.

Fighters....Well, in space, shape is completely immaterial. They could be any shape and still be effective. They'd need to be highly maneuverable, and have sensors capable of picking up incoming fire almost before it leaves the barrel.

Marines...well, I'm thinking heavily armored...something like drop troopers. Pulse rifles, plasma cutters....

As for sensors, they'd need to be far more advanced than what we have. And a more advanced form of RADAR is a must.

On a personal note, I'm thinking something like the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia, but more streamlined.

Or the Albion.

Last edited:
On a personal note, I'm thinking something like the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia, but more streamlined.

Or the Albion.

sorta like the old anime Starblazers' spaceships. The problem I have with that is any enemy attacking them from directly below them and they're fucked. They have no weapons except on the top half of the ship. So any enemy from the bottom half which is likely given the three axial nature of space and they'd be powerless to attack or defend itself unless they spend precious seconds maneuvering.

Its for that reason I'm in favor of a design more based on hybrid of battleship and submarine where the weapon turrets and missile tubes cover the entire effective radius of the ship 360 degrees in three axes.

sorta like the old anime Starblazers' spaceships. The problem I have with that is any enemy attacking them from directly below them and they're fucked. They have no weapons except on the top half of the ship. So any enemy from the bottom half which is likely given the three axial nature of space and they'd be powerless to attack or defend itself unless they spend precious seconds maneuvering.

Its for that reason I'm in favor of a design more based on hybrid of battleship and submarine where the weapon turrets and missile tubes cover the entire effective radius of the ship 360 degrees in three axes.

A better design would have sets of gunports on every facet. Or the Hapan Battledragon design. Gun emplacements are on a rotary disc around the hull.

A better design would have sets of gunports on every facet. Or the Hapan Battledragon design. Gun emplacements are on a rotary disc around the hull.

Ah yes the hapans...that's an effective weapons emplacement.

Ah yes the hapans...that's an effective weapons emplacement.

*nods* of course, it does nothing relative to the disc, but the ships are maneuverable enough that bringing the batteries to bear would be quick and easy.

*nods* of course, it does nothing relative to the disc, but the ships are maneuverable enough that bringing the batteries to bear would be quick and easy.

A good reason why the Empire never bothered to invade them, also those darn tarrigan mists. :D

Okay lets talk powerplants-you said nonnuclear-what sort does that leave? I was thinking cold fusion assuming of course its ever worked out how to acheive cold fusion.

A good reason why the never Empire bothered to invade them, also those darn tarrigan mists. :D

Okay lets talk powerplants-you said nonnuclear-what sort does that leave? I was thinking cold fusion assuming of course its ever worked out how to acheive cold fusion.

I was thinking some sort of ionization reaction. Maybe from salt water or saline.

Something selfsustaining anyways.

I was thinking some sort of ionization reaction. Maybe from salt water or saline.

Would that be able to make enough power? Wouldn't lifting the saline or saltwater from earthh to fuel the ship make such a powerplant cost-prohibitive?

Would that be able to make enough power? Wouldn't lifting the saline or saltwater from earthh to fuel the ship make such a powerplant cost-prohibitive?

Making Saline is easy and inexpensive.

Back