Nomad in a new Land (closed)

The two began to fight but soon she had the large man on his knees blade to his throat.

What do you know of my kind to dare too around words expecting to survive them unscathed?

The talk surrounding them turned to who was she why she had their Duke's advisor so close to death and the young king motives for keeping such a scantily clad woman in his company.
 
In the end Marcus found no use for his bow and arrow. Within a few moments Senka had the man disarmed and on his knees.

The crowds of people gathered around as Marcus dismounted and stowed his bow and arrows back on the saddle and walked towards Senka and the man. He recognized the man; a minor noble from the eastern part of the empire.

“What is the meaning of this? Why did you attack my guest?”
 
Clearly sire has no clue what travels with him. The form death has taken may be attractive but she is little more than slaughter in human skin. Their kind kill any and everything... It is all they know. The desert kingdoms barely survived them by declaring peace amongst themselves.

The man hissed but did not move.
 
The man spoke through gritted teeth, the blade at his throat making it hard for him to speak, a trickle of blood dripped from where it had nicked his throat.

“Is that so?” Marcus asked raising an eyebrow. “Then she has been remarkably restrained. She has travelled all the way here from the east and I haven’t heard of any massacres along the way.”
 
What little patience she did possess was wearing thin as she growled.

They earn their marking by death and bloodshed sire she is the most covered I have seen... Clearly aking her a Dolozi. Patience and restraint will end.
 
“Maybe that is because people like you attack her on sight? Ever think about that?” Marcus asked coldly. “And stop trying to goad her.”

“Please don’t kill the man, Miss Senka.” Marcus said as she growled at the advisors words. “I can have my guards imprison him or have him exiled to his lands.”
 
She removed her blade and shoved him towards the dirt.

Not a problem... There is not profit in his death... Yet.
 
“Thank you, Miss Senka.” Marcus said as she released the man. He spotted a couple of the towns guardsmen approaching, no doubt attracted by the commotion. They saw Marcus and recognized him.

“King Mar- ” One of them started to say but Marcus cut him off.

“Detain this man, keep him under guard in a secure place until I send my soldiers to collect him.”

“Yes, my King.”

The guardsmen hurried to carry out his orders; tying the man up and dragging him along.

Marcus picked up Senka’s cloak from the ground and approached her. “Here you go, Miss Senka, your cloak. I hope this incident does not reflect badly upon myself or my people.”
 
To keep me around you will be the one that must grow used to them. I know who and what I am and what I do.

She shrugged taking the cloak as the one who was clearly the top lesser Noble of the town stepped forward to ask why is advisor was arrested.
 
“That is what happens when you attack travellers in our lands without any sort of provocation.” Marcus told the town’s nobleman. “I hope nothing of the like happens here again.”

Marcus turned to face Senka as she spoke. “I have to get used to them? Does that mean you have accepted my proposal?”
 
Well you have enough not discussed money yet but since I have little where else to go for now perhaps shocking confusing and terrifying people in this strange land... Should at least be entertaining.

She smirked and leaped back up onto her horse.
 
Marcus also jumped back on to his bay and set off after Senka. Catching up with her he spoke. “I don’t think the road is the place to discuss financial matters. But rest assured that I will make sure you are well compensated for your services.”
 
Then when and where should we discuss this? How long is this tour of your lands?

She raised a brow at him before turning her attention to the women who were dressed like typical wealth trying to be suble about talking about the near naked Savage with their king and roared at them laughing when they jumped and tried to run.
 
“Well, we still have two more settlements to visit but if you wish we can cut the tour short.”

Marcus rode up alongside Senka. “And as for when and where we can discuss these matters, I have a small villa nearby. That is where I am planning to spend the night. I always find it is always better to converse when accompanied by food and wine.

Marcus laughed discreetly when Senka bellowed at the town’s ladies that were gathering.
 
I do not think your people like my presence around you.

She nodded that the two more settlements was fine.

Very well let's continue and see what other settlements have to say of their king traveling with how did those women put it... A nearly naked savage.
 
“Whether they like it or dislike it that is not a problem for me.” Marcus smiled. “There are some perks to being a king.”

They set off towards the next settlement. As Senka spoke Marcus nodded. “Yes, your attire is considerably different from what is normal here. You will consistently get comments about it.”
 
Well after a few more events like today perhaps they will have the wisdom to keep their flapping jaws silent.

She shrugged.

I will say I miss the warmth of my desert
 
“Well, with my previous experience with nobles,” Marcus had to smile, “I doubt they would ever learn. A few might but with the rest you might have to keep reminding them frequently.”

Marcus nodded. “I haven’t travelled to the east before. I imagine it must be a jarring experience for you; and not just the stares and people attacking you.”
 
There were those who would try to begin fights trying to make a drunken name for themselves. Yes it is very unusual. So much green and very different form of dress.

She snarled as they neared some trees and the snarl alone brought her horse to a strange gait as he made the other horse walk directly right beside him. Her eyes saw everything yet looking as if she saw nothing in particular. The two men stepping out before them seeming to hold her attention but a twitch of her ankle and her horse kicked back it's hooves connecting firmly with the man who tried to sneak up behind them. One hand holding a sword the other a fairly brutal dagger which found it's Mark in the man that tried to land on the horses backs from the trees.
 
Marcus was about to reply to Senka when she growled and brought her horse alongside his bay. Two men stepped out from behind the trees in front of them. Both had swords in hand. Behind them a man screamed as Makmood kicked him, sending him flying backward. Even through the screams, Marcus could hear the sounds of cracking bones.

Senka stabbed the man who jumped from the trees at them and Marcus urged his horse forward, drawing his sword and cutting at the man who rushed out from his right with a dagger in hand. Something whistled past his head; a quarrel. A crossbowman was reloading behind the two men in front him and Marcus charged.

The two men slashed at him with their swords as he rode past. He kicked out at the man on the left and brought his sword down on the head of the man on the right. Blood splashed across his mare’s flanks.
 
Makmood locked on the crossbowman and charged as if he himself was going to attack the man. Both swords now in hand she would retrieve her dagger from the corpse later. She grinned as the man seeing the blood rage of horse and rider barrel down on them fired a wild shot that connected with Senka's shoulder but seemed not to phase her at all as both swords swung in arcs that would cross one blade over the other at head and neck level of the attacker. His last words..

He was right your not human...

He was right and wrong but no one truly knew that.
 
Senka darted past him on her horse and charged at the crossbowman. Marcus saw a quarrel wing her shoulder as she brought down her swords on him.

Marcus twisted his horse around, blocking a sword thrust from the man her kicked down. Their blades clanged together several times before Marcus got under his guard; stabbing the man in the chest. He fell to the around blood pouring from the wound.
 
Death... Blood... She was in her element now. The feral grin looking almost evil as she stared down at the bodies. Her eyes danced with an eerie almost glow at all the carnage. Hopping down from her horse to retrieve the dagger she looked to Marcus.

Any questions about what I do?
 
The fighting was over and Marcus stepped down from his horse. He cleaned his sword on the tunic of one of the dead men and turned around to see Senka pick up her dagger. He shook his head in reply. “No, I have no questions for you. I rather question the survivor.”

Marcus gestured at the man kicked by Makmood. The man was still alive, although barely. He was wheezing and Marcus tell that he had several broken ribs in addition to the broken and dislocated arm. Not to mention other internal injuries. He was still conscious.

“Who sent you?” Marcus asked kneeling next to the man.
 
The man tried to rattle off a name. She just sat on Makmoods back waiting.

So who did he say?
 
Back
Top