Old 11-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison

Can't Believe I'm Asking This

I feel like a noob
who didn't read
the guidelines
or something....

But I have had my Dear Gord poem in the submission queue over at new poems for about a month. How long does it take to get the submitted poem posted these days? Is Kitty Mama on holiday?

Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne1982 View Post
I feel like a noob
who didn't read
the guidelines
or something....

But I have had my Dear Gord poem in the submission queue over at new poems for about a month. How long does it take to get the submitted poem posted these days? Is Kitty Mama on holiday?
I should complain (oops ask politely!) , I've got a new one up and it took 3 days.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits

Last edited by UnderYourSpell : 11-08-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderYourSpell View Post
I should complain (oops ask politely!) , I've got a new one up and it took 3 days.
I followed your advice and IM'd Kitty Mama. My poem posted early this morning. Thanks for jolting me into action.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore

Quote:
I followed your advice and IM'd Kitty Mama. My poem posted early this morning. Thanks for jolting me into action.

Great stuff, can't have our precious poems slipping through the net
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Sestina slut
Annie submits

Old 11-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore

Does it ever make you despondent that nobody bothers to comment these days? I'd rather I got slammed than be ignored! Commented by the way and that was a right palaver, it wouldn't let me comment without signing in (although I was already signed in for commenting on the forum!) and I couldn't remember my password so asked for it to be sent .......... it didn't arrive. Had to take a stab in the dark and finally got there!
Sestina slut
Annie submits

Old 11-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #6
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderYourSpell View Post
Does it ever make you despondent that nobody bothers to comment these days? I'd rather I got slammed than be ignored! Commented by the way and that was a right palaver, it wouldn't let me comment without signing in (although I was already signed in for commenting on the forum!) and I couldn't remember my password so asked for it to be sent .......... it didn't arrive. Had to take a stab in the dark and finally got there!
I can't complain over much. Most of my poems are posted here on the forum, and what with being involved in the poetry community in Second Life, I get appreciation and feedback (not critique) on my poetry.

I am a very poor commenter over in New Poems. Perhaps in the new year I can take on the task of reading new poems on the list and giving them a review here in the forum. People used to get offended if you said too much of what they deemed negative critique, on their posted darlings. But being a reviewer helped callous up my skin.

For the most part it helps generate interest in the new poetry, but it also brought folks to the forum. I'll see what happens.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore

Quote:
I can't complain over much. Most of my poems are posted here on the forum, and what with being involved in the poetry community in Second Life, I get appreciation and feedback (not critique) on my poetry.

I am a very poor commenter over in New Poems. Perhaps in the new year I can take on the task of reading new poems on the list and giving them a review here in the forum. People used to get offended if you said too much of what they deemed negative critique, on their posted darlings. But being a reviewer helped callous up my skin.

For the most part it helps generate interest in the new poetry, but it also brought folks to the forum. I'll see what happens.
Most of those that used to submit their poems seem to have disappeared from doing so leaving many mediocre ones in their wake.
Sestina slut
Annie submits