Body positive healthy living.

I'm crawling in with my tail between my legs.....:eek:

Lost lots of weight (approx 3.5st) and over the last year its been creeping back on, nothing fits....mad with myself :mad:

Need to get my gym mojo back!!

I don't think the gym is that important, as much as having fun with your exercise. :)

As for the weight bit, I did post mine earlier on. I was over 90kg, now hovering around 63kg. So I can't lose any more than that. Now it's a challenge to start getting some more muscle. Legs, no worries - they are already pretty good thanks to a bicycle, the rest, not so good...

We could do monthly stints or we could go for 2 months at a time any thoughts?

I think maybe start out with a month... Then do two months at a time. That way everyone can get their feet wet, and it'll allow others to join in not feeling like they are behind already.

So, Hi....

I just started back in the gym after a way too long hiatus.
I also am dieting.

For a variety of reasons, some of which some of you may know, I have to be very careful in how I handle dieting.

However. I have now, after three weeks. Made it to the gym regularly each week and lost about 6 lbs. I'm probably stalled out a little (this happens), so
I'll join in, we can all motivate each other.

Yay!! Sailer has come aboard. (See what I did there? :rolleyes:)

We could do monthly stints or we could go for 2 months at a time any thoughts?

I guess it could really be ongoing somehow?

Hi. I just found this thread. I started watching my eating, and exercising daily about 3 weeks ago. I joined a weight loss program - not sure if I can use specific names here (just say I'm counting points). Anyway, I've lost over 10 lbs. so far! I want to lose a lot more. For me, I think it's a combination of portion control and exercise.

Welcome!! Ah.. I've done the points, lost weight with it, but not as much as I did tight the other big competitor that has the name of Forest Gump's girl... lol. I've proven I can lose weight, I just can't keep it off. :( Yet. :D

Lost lots of weight (approx 3.5st) and over the last year its been creeping back on, nothing fits....mad with myself :mad:

Welcome!!!

I think maybe start out with a month... Then do two months at a time. That way everyone can get their feet wet, and it'll allow others to join in not feeling like they are behind already.

That sounds good to me.

Okay, so here's what I think we have..

Two challenges, one for weight loss and one for exercise accountability. You can do just one or both. We go for a month and report in weekly, on Mondays. Weight losers can report in their actual weight loss or percent lost. Exercisers need to post their goal at the start of the week and then report on how they did at the end of the week.

Winner(s) win.... bragging rights? We all win by becoming healthier and gaining friendships? We all go buy sex toys after the month?

Thoughts? Should we open a new thread for the challenges and leave this one for general chat?

What about recording inches? Setting food and diet goals? I guess everyone should feel free to post and share as much as they want, but there should be some standards for the challenge, or just be easy going this first month?

Hey, I have a similar experience! We can do it...together...:devil:

Oh, and we can also get our gym mojo and diet going too! ;)

Okay, so here's what I think we have..

Two challenges, one for weight loss and one for exercise accountability. You can do just one or both. We go for a month and report in weekly, on Mondays. Weight losers can report in their actual weight loss or percent lost. Exercisers need to post their goal at the start of the week and then report on how they did at the end of the week.

Winner(s) win.... bragging rights? We all win by becoming healthier and gaining friendships? We all go buy sex toys after the month?

Thoughts? Should we open a new thread for the challenges and leave this one for general chat?

What about recording inches? Setting food and diet goals? I guess everyone should feel free to post and share as much as they want, but there should be some standards for the challenge, or just be easy going this first month?

So, my exercise goal this week is 4 days at the gym for 45 min a day.

My weight loss goal is to lose anything I can measure...
My eating goal is to not eat any crap. All week. (I don't have to count last Sunday, do I???? :rolleyes:)

I'm in....:D

I am also in.

I will focus on eating within my calorie/point allowance every day. Not going to worry about losing a specific amount of weight each week, because that could set me up for failure.

And, I want at least 40 minutes of exercise (walking, yoga, etc), at least 5 days a week.

:D

My goals:
1. Bike riding - 4 rides for a total of greater than 40 miles.
2. Walking - 3 walks for a total of greater than 6 miles.

I'm in... and I will utilize my MyFitnessPal app on my phone. Start out doing my treadmill/videos more consistently than I was before and back to eating better. AND stay off the evil soda!

Here's my goals for the rest of this week..

Portion control / eating less.

Go for at least two walks at one and a half miles or more each walk.

I'm not setting a specific weigh loss amount, I'm just planing to lose something.

Well I guess I will be in too.:)

For me I need to be more consistent,

So running six out of seven days

Eating healthy consistently (I have a tendency to not eat ALL day so I can eat what I want, instead of eating several small meals and eating properly).

SLEEPING regularly and at a regular time...you know, night time! Regular sleep is good for your health.

Strength training, three days a week.

I guess that is it for me.

I'm in... and I will utilize my MyFitnessPal app on my phone. Start out doing my treadmill/videos more consistently than I was before and back to eating better. AND stay off the evil soda!

Myfitnesspal is a wonderful app! i used to be one that logged in daily and checked all my numbers but now i only do it two to three times a week. i really don't count calories. i watch my carbs, fats, and protein percentages. especially on workout days. when running, sprinting, lifting weights, or even days when i have to hold that damn plank position a little longer than the last time :rolleyes: ... i know i need to up certain things and it helps to keep an eye on things!

any one ever do cross-fit here?

great thread!

:)

Myfitnesspal is a wonderful app! i used to be one that logged in daily and checked all my numbers but now i only do it two to three times a week. i really don't count calories. i watch my carbs, fats, and protein percentages. especially on workout days. when running, sprinting, lifting weights, or even days when i have to hold that damn plank position a little longer than the last time :rolleyes: ... i know i need to up certain things and it helps to keep an eye on things!

great thread!

I'll have to check out myfitnesspal.. I use mapmyrun for my running and biking...
I've heard lots of people doing crossfit.. something I'd maybe like to try at some point..

great thread!

Oh sorry, missed that bit....must be good then? :D

Is that app good?

I like it cause it allows you to journal your meals and then keep a history of what you have ate. Also if you do eat a packaged food you can use your barcode scanner to scan the code and it will log the nutritional info for you. Also you can log your activity and such also. So you put your height/weight info and activity level and then it tells you how many calories you should eat within and then it adjusts along the way for you. It will remind you also that its time to weigh in and that sorta thing also. So I have liked using it I just have to keep using it LOL

I like it cause it allows you to journal your meals and then keep a history of what you have ate. Also if you do eat a packaged food you can use your barcode scanner to scan the code and it will log the nutritional info for you. Also you can log your activity and such also. So you put your height/weight info and activity level and then it tells you how many calories you should eat within and then it adjusts along the way for you. It will remind you also that its time to weigh in and that sorta thing also. So I have liked using it I just have to keep using it LOL

I'll check it out, thanks :)

I liked the idea of having two categories. One for weight loss and one for exercise accountability. I just want everyone to feel motivated and supported. In the end, we are all winners for getting healthier.

How long should the challenge run for?

why not do two cycles check after two weeks to see who is keeping up with it then a month like something to strive for if your behind or ahead of someone.

I'm IN

Goals I'll set for the first month:

Run 3 days each week, for a total of 9+ miles.
Bootcamp 2 days per week
Bike Ride 10+ miles/week

Drop 5 more pounds in the coming month.

Last edited:
Nice idea. Undecided what I'll do. I seem to be really busy at work.
B
Might do 100km in a week on the rollers (bike) if I can't get out. I think I can probably do that before the end of the week. Friday no chance - but the weekend - possible.

For this week already I'm at 60km. Tonight, I'm getting to sleep early. ;) I'm nearly

Jimbo: Try 5km a day if you can. And see if you can hold 85rpm or more in your pedalling. That's going to feel strange to do, like you are in too low a gear - but you'll get used to it. Clipless pedals are helpful too, once you get the correct shoes and learn how to avoid clip-stacks! ;) You can be more aggressive in pedalling and use all your leg muscles.

Stretch before you start too, get those muscles warm (avoid painful cramps), and drink enough water to be hydrated properly.

I'm IN

Goals I'll set for the first month:

Run 3 days each week, for a total of 9+ miles.
Bootcamp 2 days per week
Bike Ride 10+ miles/week

Drop 5 more pounds in the coming month.

i like the idea of everyone posting there goals!! maybe we should do a group goal like lose 80 pounds as a group or 50 miles running as a group.

Love this thread.

I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour each time. I'll do cardio for about 10-20 minutes and the rest Free Weights. I switch my free weight workout every workout. 1st day Chest and triceps, 2nd day. Legs, 3rd day shoulders, 4th day back and biceps. I'll throw in Abs, and extra arm or cardio work when I'm feeling it.

I usually have a protien shake after my work out with either some honey, a banana, flaxseed or Peanut butter in it. This takes care of my sugar/sweet/chocolate cravings and gives me extra protien and a fairly healthy after workout meal.

Problem for me is too many (bad )carbs, but I've been cutting those out mainly.

Keep up the great work!

Love this thread.

I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour each time. I'll do cardio for about 10-20 minutes and the rest Free Weights. I switch my free weight workout every workout. 1st day Chest and triceps, 2nd day. Legs, 3rd day shoulders, 4th day back and biceps. I'll throw in Abs, and extra arm or cardio work when I'm feeling it.

I usually have a protien shake after my work out with either some honey, a banana, flaxseed or Peanut butter in it. This takes care of my sugar/sweet/chocolate cravings and gives me extra protien and a fairly healthy after workout meal.

Problem for me is too many (bad )carbs, but I've been cutting those out mainly.

Keep up the great work!

i love chest and triceps that is my best work out.

Back