ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not certain two days will be enough for me. I'm not a deep person. Stuff like this gives me a headache now-a-days.
 
Any ideas you have are welcomed. Just what normally happens is some one asks a question some one replies and then the next person replies to that persons idea with out fully considering the question. I am hoping this time will give any one who is going t reply a chance to fully consider the question with out seeing some one else's answers. So in the mourning or any time today feel free to answer, and I'll answer some time tomorrow.
 
Huh, some how I didn't respond when I said I would.

Well I came up with two possible answers for one condition on the love between a husband and wife. The first is that they be themselves, the second I liked better at the time and that was the other loves them back. And finally a third answer for the hell of it, the man stays rich and the woman stays hot, (or possibly the same age as his daughter.)
 
Quotes Cats"The love between a parent and child is suposedly unconditional, meaning what ever the child does the parent will still love them. Along those lines I spontaneously decided love between a husband and wife, or a similar type of love, is conditional but only has one condition. Now assume all of that is true to start with. What would you suggest that one condition is. Like I said I'll share my thoughts on it in about two days, and encaourge feed back at that time."


ok, given that IF there is only ONE condition of the love between spouses. I would suggest that the one condition be that the other doesnt reject/abuse the love of their spouse. This is to say, the recipient accepts the love as it is given no matter their own intensity or level of love.

again Quotes Cats
>snip<"The first is that they be themselves, the second I liked better at the time and that was the other loves them back.">snip<

I disagree that either of these conditions are ideal nor can they stand alone as single conditions as the side effect of each (as i will explain) are in themselves a result of multiple conditions.

the first one "that they be themselves" this is asking for trouble. not that i dont believe in complete honest but that the person that they are perceived to be by the one that loves them isnt necessarily how or who they truely are. On top of that, we as humans change and grow differently than others, even others that we are close to and soon are completely different people than when the love first blossomed. This requires the love to grow and change with the object of the love as opposed to the giver, this forces the giver of the love to change even if they are not inclined or ready to change causing the love to die because of the condition changing.

the scecond one "the other loves them back" that just cries out selfishness and love is suppose to be unselvish at least as far as ive learned. Expectations of someone returning affection just because you happen to love them? I have a hard time dealing with that. The human emotions can not be mentally/logically controlled.. how we react to them and deal with them is the only control we have. Emotions are an unpredictable thing and i personally can not blame someone for not loving me, nor control my love for them. All i can do is control how i behave toward them and hope that i can be the one that they feel the intensity of love for. If they do not, that doenst just make my love go away.... yes, i can suppress it and ignore it and do my best to not let it interfere with being happy with someone else. Hope maybe some day that it will subside enough for me to allow another more willing reciepent into my heart. But just because its not returned, doesnt make it not exist...

edited to add: will you never learn to 'give time for thought' means lots of time for me to work in the details... *pointint out* my response to your post, cats, was just last minute, knee-jerk thoughts. Not meant to be any kind of slam or flame. Just simply a different perspective (some from personal experience)
 
Last edited:
What I find interesting here is when I was exploring this idea I came upon crazy stalker scenario. I find it interesting that my one trait and your one trait both don't account for a stalker who is in love with some one who is annoyed at best by the other person. But then the question enters, is the stalker in love or just really confused.

Any how why I chose the be themselves is that the people don' hide aspects of who they are, that is perhaps most true in the transition between dating and living together. However it holds true over the years, your argument against this og is actually my argument fore it. They have to be honest with themselves and except their evolutions and continue to grow. Even if thy grow apart I imagine they would stay together longer then a couple who hides who they are to cling to who they were. I suppose what was missing here is the other is will to accept the changes, but that would be a second variable so I moved onto the other suggestion.

The other returning your love, I feel is much stronger. Yes it may seem self centered and as far as arguments go "people are only kind to others because it makes themselves feel better" is perhaps the one I dislike the most. But one has to admit if one loves some one and they love them back, that relationship will work. (Unless of coarse your name is Dante and both you and your beloved Beatrice have arranged marriages. But even the you would walk threw hell for her.) Now from the negative, assuming one was in love with the other but that one didn't return that love it does become shakier. I'm not saying that love doesn't exist but that it simply won't work and hopefully will fade, and if it doesn't perhaps you found an unconditional love.

Now at first glance yo have selected two things the other doesn't reject or abuse the love, of coarse you picked one thing. You have picked a virtue between two vices, an Aristotlean sort of layout. I kind of like it, although if the other simply doesn't love the other back, that persons love is going to be a very painful experince. I imgine that pain could cause loatheing and other negative emotions but these may not be aimed at the other but instead inward asking why doesn't that person love me back. Which would seem to be an argument against my prefered choice.
 
hmmm interesting question. i'll have to think about it. oh and probably give a small explination for my own scarcity. i'm in the process of moving. and by process, i mean it's been taking 3 months heh.

i SHOULD be back to normal in about 2-3 weeks, and hopefully hang my coat around her much more often as coats enjoy friends and well..... do any of you wear coats?
 
I favor jackets and the ocasional wind breaker. Tumble on the other hand uses a coat.
 
i've been known to wear what could be construed as a "jacket" however my heavy flannel plaid thing, and the leather thing, and the.... well i guess techinically it's leather, the other one is more of raw hide.... and weighs like 10 pounds HAH

i see them more as coats, or whatever the proper word for something a lumberjack would wear in the winter.
 
I"m visiting and may stay a while and join in, unless anyone objects? I've been doing a lot of RL stuff lately and it's bogged me down, but I think I'm settled now.
 
no, i dont see how anyone could object, Polite *smiles* welcome to orp announcements
 
Khadgar said:
hmmm interesting question. i'll have to think about it. oh and probably give a small explination for my own scarcity. i'm in the process of moving. and by process, i mean it's been taking 3 months heh.

i SHOULD be back to normal in about 2-3 weeks, and hopefully hang my coat around her much more often as coats enjoy friends and well..... do any of you wear coats?
... You have a "normal?"

Only coat/jacket/etc I wear is this old black jacket I got from Target... Or was it K-Mart?
 
so much as normal affords me Hy.

welcome.... back to the thread? i seem to recall "polite succubus" being a familiar name.... that or i'm crazy.

then again i suppose i should be welcoming myself back too. *smirks*

good to see that there's at least one place where i can fall off the earth, come back, and still see familiar faces.
 
PoliteSuccubus said:
Thank you O-Gal, gosh, I'da thought you'd catch up to me in post counts by now! ;)


lol well um yeah see... meh, i lurk.. thats all there is to it.... when i have something bizarre to say... as opposed to the more non sequitor folks around here... then i post... usually only to throw these guys off and try to make their brains explode... sometimes i almost suceed.. most times not though..
 
well thats what we enjoy around here. michevious, exitable folk who enjoy making people explode.




their minds of course.


yes, minds. *coughs*
 
Khadgar said:
so much as normal affords me Hy.

welcome.... back to the thread? i seem to recall "polite succubus" being a familiar name.... that or i'm crazy.

then again i suppose i should be welcoming myself back too. *smirks*

good to see that there's at least one place where i can fall off the earth, come back, and still see familiar faces.


normal is alot of things, my teenager managed to debate in a three page school paper well enough to even convince her teacher that wierd is normal

(simple version for any of you folks wondering
to be wierd
is to be unique
which is the majority of people
which defines normal :D)
 
i would just like to add that its Ab's fault that Arc isnt around as much.. to one degree at least.... He got her sucked back into WoW

i know because ive been there... saw her just tonight even :p
 
Khadgar said:
well thats what we enjoy around here. michevious, exitable folk who enjoy making people explode.




their minds of course.


yes, minds. *coughs*


*chuckles* their minds are on the top of my list other aspects of explosions are on that list too *gets a wicked glint in her eyes* but i generally work toward that with people that i know a bit more.... personally
 
of course, blowing ones..... mind is a bit of a personal occasion. *smirks* you gotta figure what makes them tick, and then do that. which of course requires a certain degree of closeness, then boom! explosion.... uh, brain bits everywhere.


and DAMNIT friggen WoW. i escaped that trap. i was in it fora year and a half, from release date too. but i'm free. Burning Crusade tries to tempt me back in, but so far fruitlessly. evil game. good game, but friggen evil.
 
Khadgar said:
of course, blowing ones..... mind is a bit of a personal occasion. *smirks* you gotta figure what makes them tick, and then do that. which of course requires a certain degree of closeness, then boom! explosion.... uh, brain bits everywhere.


and DAMNIT friggen WoW. i escaped that trap. i was in it fora year and a half, from release date too. but i'm free. Burning Crusade tries to tempt me back in, but so far fruitlessly. evil game. good game, but friggen evil.

*nods gently* absolutely.... and the more drawn out the process, the better the.... explosion.... but yes... messy messy... *looks to the tissue* but oh so much fun cleaning it up if the parties are adventurous enough.... as well as the power trip of being responsible for the... boom... in the first place...

its not so bad if one has self control and isnt of a competitive nature... i play a few hours a week, still consider it a well spent $15/mo no way i can get that kind of entertainment for that price outside of Azeroth.... but i cant argue with the evil part.. lol. recently lost a friend to wow, only a couple realize it so ive not been blamed heaviily.. yet...
 
well yes there is quite the power trip when you blow someones.... mind. and of course the brain is much like a powderkeg, the more drawn out, the more you can stoke it, and of course a deal of stoking and when things finally do explode you get it everywhere, bigger and better brain blowing is a must.

the claning up is always interesting though. if you hope to put someone's mind back together you can't afford to e so rough as to use towels and such, oh no have to find other ways.


as for wow, i agree it's a good bang for the buck, but after so long, there's jsut nothing i feel compulsed to do in there. what am i going to do, rain blackwing again? go into AQ? eh.... it's al teh same. level 60 was the worst thing to happen to the game, because after you run the end instances a hundred times, you realize you're playing "lootquest" and meh. friends can keep you in the game a hell of a lot longer than interest in it though lol
 
I'm neglecting to play WoW right now. However I must say that was the ot recent thing to take me from Lit.

Some how the game that has ket me from lit the most is Maplestory, which is amazing sense it very little beyond grinding levels, but not in the same way progress quest is about grinding levels.
 
There are a lot of miss placed threads these days...Don't they read the headers before posting in a forum?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top