Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

View Poll Results: shouldn't all opioids be banned now?
yes should ban all opioids be now 0 0%
shouldn't ban all opioids be now 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
dominatrixjane
Really Really Experienced
 
dominatrixjane's Avatar
 
dominatrixjane is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 445
opioids kill more USA people

opioids kill more USA people

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...etnam-War.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/opioids...e-vietnam-war/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3713354


http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/21/he...ers/index.html
__________________
Don't Attack Israel. Don't Attack Israel. Don't Attack Israel.

and donít focus all your resentment, all your anger, and all your hatred towards Israel,

because Israel isnít your enemy, So donít attack Israel.

don't boycott Israel. don't boycott Israel. don't boycott Israel.

Last edited by dominatrixjane : 01-19-2018 at 07:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
RobDownSouth
The rain has stopped!
 
RobDownSouth's Avatar
 
RobDownSouth is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 58,486
The Opioid Epidemic is a triumph of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market.

While Americans were distracted by the "Crack Epidemic" in the late 1980s, early 1990s, the makers of Oxy-Contin and Vicodin carpet-bombed doctors with promotional literature about how "non-addictive" Oxy-contin was.

They managed to hook an entire generation (made up of mostly poor white trash in poor health) on the stuff before someone realized, hey this stuff IS addictive and you build a tolerance for it REAL quick.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
LadyFunkenstein
Photoshopped
 
LadyFunkenstein's Avatar
 
LadyFunkenstein is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: I come in colors
Posts: 33,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth View Post
The Opioid Epidemic is a triumph of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market.

While Americans were distracted by the "Crack Epidemic" in the late 1980s, early 1990s, the makers of Oxy-Contin and Vicodin carpet-bombed doctors with promotional literature about how "non-addictive" Oxy-contin was.

They managed to hook an entire generation (made up of mostly poor white trash in poor health) on the stuff before someone realized, hey this stuff IS addictive and you build a tolerance for it REAL quick.
All true, but why do you call such people "trash"?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth View Post
The Opioid Epidemic is a triumph of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market.

Opium (or any consumable much less narcotics) is produced in and exchanged across a free market??

Since the fuck when??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...ug_prohibition
https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...of_Agriculture



Can you name ANY market in the USA that is laissez-faire???

I bet you can't come up with a single such market.

Help yourself out and go take some classes at the local CC there Texas, you clearly don't understand what laissez-faire capitalism is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth View Post
While Americans were distracted by the "Crack Epidemic" in the late 1980s, early 1990s, the makers of Oxy-Contin and Vicodin carpet-bombed doctors with promotional literature about how "non-addictive" Oxy-contin was.

They managed to hook an entire generation (made up of mostly poor white trash in poor health) on the stuff before someone realized, hey this stuff IS addictive and you build a tolerance for it REAL quick.
All things the THOUSANDS of pages of regulations and regulators across numerous federal and state agencies that receive BILLIONS in funding every year (government control over the means of production and exchange of products....the exact opposite of capitalism in general much less laissez-faire) are supposed to and have been promising to stop for decades if they just get more funding and power to go get the bad guyz.

Let me guess.....they just need more funding and power!!! Right??

Last edited by BotanyBoy : 01-19-2018 at 01:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,777
OP:

Opioids are already "strictly regulated and controlled by the government" ....LOL

Banning them won't do anything but make medical care a whole lot more painful creating a black market for painless medical care that the government won't be able to control any better than any of the other shit they have no real control over.

Legalize everything, let the problem sort itself out.

Last edited by BotanyBoy : 01-19-2018 at 01:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
warrior queen
early bird snack pack
 
warrior queen's Avatar
 
warrior queen is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: upside down
Posts: 31,440
Australia is pulling all low-dose opioid medication from pharmacy shelves by Jan 31 this year. This means anyone who takes these will now need to have a doctor's prescription.
What this will do is clog up the gp offices with appointments that were previously un-necessary.
What it won't do is stop the over-use of opioid medications, because most cases of addiction/overdose are through the use of prescription-only drugs like oxy and vicodin.
It's a knee-jerk reaction to a very, very small drug problem.

What they should be doing, is going after meth/ice. Those cause much, much more catastrophic carnage.
__________________
If you are in good health and averagely diligent about hygiene, you will have a herd of about one trillion bacteria grazing on your fleshy plains - about a hundred thousand of them on every square centimetre of skin. They are there to dine off the ten billion or so flakes of skin you shed every day, plus all the tasty oils and fortifying minerals that seep out from every pore and fissure. You are for them the ultimate buffet, with the convenience of warmth and constant mobility thrown in.
By way of thanks, they give you B.O.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #7
notahunk
Experienced
 
notahunk is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 60
Yeah, 'cause on top of Obama-Care, let's just go ahead and ban all modern medicine while we're at it, and really fuck some shit up. That'll teach those drug pushers and junkies their fuckin' lesson.

Hey, while we're at it, here's another off the top of my head. I stopped at a light the other day and some asshole nearly rear-ended me at about 60, let's go ahead and just ban all traffic lights, too. That'd be fuckin' splendid.

No, let's not do that. Let's instead use our brains for once and look at the real problem here. What's the problem, you say?

People.

People are the problem. The ones who choose to use drugs in a manner other than intended. Does that mean we should just go full Hitler and ban all people, too? No. It simply means that people need to be smarter. How? Effort. Concentrated. Effort. Little common sense goes a long way, folks.

Think about it. Would you blame the baby when some dumb teenager gets knocked up on prom night? No. You'd out the responsibility on on the teenagers. Both of 'em. Why? Because it takes two to tango, sweetheart, that's why.

Yet, people still feel the need to blame the drugs or the guns, or whatever else when things go to shit rather than placing the blame where it belongs. On the people who choose, if their own free will, to misuse 'em.

Takin' away opiates, considering that their used in just about every kind of modern medicine we have today, would quite literally put a lot of people in a lot of pain, and solve tow things: Jack and shit.

Last I checked, Jackie skipped town a long ass time ago.

Edit: Apologies if the teenage pregnancy scenario breaks any rules. No at all my intention. Nor do I intend to rile folks up for the sake of it.

Last edited by notahunk : 01-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #8
Dribble
Literotica Guru
 
Dribble's Avatar
 
Dribble is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,779
The only "reason" this is now a problem is because it has moved to middle-class white America. Why wasn't it a problem before?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #9
ishtat
Literotica Guru
 
ishtat's Avatar
 
ishtat is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Outback Again
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior queen View Post
Australia is pulling all low-dose opioid medication from pharmacy shelves by Jan 31 this year. This means anyone who takes these will now need to have a doctor's prescription.
.
OR what they will now need is only: sufficient cash to buy from their local dealer

BB's point I think.
__________________
Some of my stuff http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
Bert Notorius
Literotica Guru
 
Bert Notorius's Avatar
 
Bert Notorius is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 46,444
as of jan. 1
il passed a law
stating drs can
only prescribe
opioids following
major surgery.

msN has recently
undergone skin cancer
surgery and has several
gaping leg wounds that
she now has to treat
with tylenol because...
drug addicts.

same shit with ephedra.

we are allowing drug
addicts to dictate what
drs can prescribe to
patients that can actually
benefit from those
medications.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #11
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
The only "reason" this is now a problem is because it has moved to middle-class white America. Why wasn't it a problem before?
It's always been there champ.

Do you think this JUST happened?

It wasn't a problem during the Obama administration because (D)'s didn't want it THAT problem highlighted.

You can try to race bait this all you want but the statistics don't lie....the only colors involved here are red, blue and green.

Last edited by BotanyBoy : 01-19-2018 at 08:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #12
Dribble
Literotica Guru
 
Dribble's Avatar
 
Dribble is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
It's always been there champ.

.
I know I constantly talk over your head. It is OK...
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 08:32 PM   #13
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
I know I constantly talk over your head. It is OK...

Race baiting isn't talking over my head buddy.

Your attempt at racializing the opium problem is not only verifiable bullshit but transparent and weak too.

Try again, preferably with something close to factual this time.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #14
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,224
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...erdose-w515472
Quote:
After months of speculation, a medical examiner has ruled that Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).
Fentanyl = opioid
Oxycodone = opioid
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #15
Luk
Literotica Guru
 
Luk's Avatar
 
Luk is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Notorius View Post
as of jan. 1
il passed a law
stating drs can
only prescribe
opioids following
major surgery.

msN has recently
undergone skin cancer
surgery and has several
gaping leg wounds that
she now has to treat
with tylenol because...
drug addicts.

same shit with ephedra.

we are allowing drug
addicts to dictate what
drs can prescribe to
patients that can actually
benefit from those
medications.
Doctors over-prescribing a highly addictive painkiller is the cause of this problem.

As for your wife's cancer, just treat it the same way mAnn treated his liver cancer and all will be well.
__________________
h.o.m.e.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #16
Bert Notorius
Literotica Guru
 
Bert Notorius's Avatar
 
Bert Notorius is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 46,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Atmydik View Post
Doctors over-prescribing a highly addictive painkiller is the cause of this problem.

As for your wife's cancer, just treat it the same way mAnn treated his liver cancer and all will be well.
so, the solution
is to be prohibited
by law to prescribe
medication because...
drug addicts.

it's the same stupid
goddamn circular logic
applied to guns.

moron.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #17
silver gurl
Literotica Guru
 
silver gurl's Avatar
 
silver gurl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal/Boston
Posts: 11,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Atmydik View Post
Doctors over-prescribing a highly addictive painkiller is the cause of this problem.
This.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #18
Luk
Literotica Guru
 
Luk's Avatar
 
Luk is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Notorius View Post
so, the solution
is to be prohibited
by law to prescribe
medication because...
drug addicts.

it's the same stupid
goddamn circular logic
applied to guns.

moron.
No need to sign your name, mAnn.

How is it circular logic if I start from the top and work down? Learn definitions of terms before using them.
__________________
h.o.m.e.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #19
Dribble
Literotica Guru
 
Dribble's Avatar
 
Dribble is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Race baiting isn't talking over my head buddy.
If it has always been there....as you state...why is it only a problem now?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #20
Bert Notorius
Literotica Guru
 
Bert Notorius's Avatar
 
Bert Notorius is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 46,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Atmydik View Post
No need to sign your name, mAnn.

How is it circular logic if I start from the top and work down? Learn definitions of terms before using them.
pot will be next.

moron.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #21
Luk
Literotica Guru
 
Luk's Avatar
 
Luk is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Notorius View Post
pot will be next.

moron.
Back to the corner, Dunce.
__________________
h.o.m.e.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #22
FGB
Literotica Guru
 
FGB's Avatar
 
FGB is offline
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lufkin Texas
Posts: 3,955
I carry a few Hydrocodone or and/Tylenol #4 with me everywhere I go.

I don't take them unless I need them. If you ever had kidney stones you would understand.

The truth is I hate the damned things.. When i have to take them they make me fill bad and are bitch to come off of, makes me feel like I have the FLU!
__________________
Trouble? I AM Trouble! (Mellowed Intensified Focus)

Relax I am fgarvb1. Here Since December 2000

I stand for our flag and I kneel at the Cross. Gotta keep the shit straight!

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil." Jeremiah 13:23

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9

There are many systems of philosophy and political life which try to base law and all human relationships upon the nature of man. Man is made the measure of all things. All such systems, whether communism or humanism, or socialism, are doomed to fail because of one fatal flaw: they do not recognize the sinful, self-centered nature of man.They ignore God and deify man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestone4ever View Post
Dude's postings are more like a fucking trapezoid intersecting an isosceles triangle through a wormhole to Planet WTF.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #23
Luk
Literotica Guru
 
Luk's Avatar
 
Luk is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGB View Post
I carry a few Hydrocodone or and/Tylenol #4 with me everywhere I go.

I don't take them unless I need them. If you ever had kidney stones you would understand.

The truth is I hate the damned things.. When i have to take them they make me fill bad and are bitch to come off of, makes me feel like I have the FLU!
Dude, if you're having the DTs and withdrawals, you're not taking them "just for the pain".
__________________
h.o.m.e.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #24
Queefer
Loves Spam
 
Queefer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 734
mAnn thinks drug addicts are to blame for the abuse of prescription drugs. heh

Poor Mr mAnn doesn't get his pain killers
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 10:18 PM   #25
Luk
Literotica Guru
 
Luk's Avatar
 
Luk is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queefer View Post
mAnn thinks drug addicts are to blame for the abuse of prescription drugs. heh

Poor Mr mAnn doesn't get his pain killers
I hope he's not stealing them from his wife.
__________________
h.o.m.e.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.