Poetry in Krazie Kat’s Korner

KrazieKat69

Literotica Guru
Poetry and art in Krazie Kat’s Korner

Outta

Last edited:
Hi Kat. :)

Your artwork is fun but this forum is for poetry, and while illustrated poetry is welcome, drawings and such should be posted on the Visual Artists Corner. We keep the focus here on words! Also you will likely get more people responding to you if you post it there.

Feel free to continue posting poems and join in the challenges, etc. :rose:

Hi Kat. :)

Your artwork is fun but this forum is for poetry, and while illustrated poetry is welcome, drawings and such should be posted on the Visual Artists Corner. We keep the focus here on words! Also you will likely get more people responding to you if you post it there.

Feel free to continue posting poems and join in the challenges, etc. :rose:

Oops sorry, still learning I guess

Powers That Be

Just gliding through life,
Not a worry or care.
Looking at people,
Depression everywhere.

Wondering why the powers that be,
They look, but don’t see.
Homeless people, jobless too,
Don’t seem to care if it’s me or you.

Powers that be worry about green,
Take our homes sight unseen.
Not having work we lose it all,
Politicians today, have much gall.

If they were only in our shoes,
Wonder what they’d do?
If they didn’t have a job or home,
On the streets, let them roam!

I like this one because it makes a valid point.
With so many supposedly enlightened politicians across the supposedly enlightened world. There should not be any homeless people.

With so many supposedly enlightened politicians across the supposedly enlightened world. There should not be any homeless people.

Thank you William, I wrote that after meeting a homeless gentleman outside of a Denny’s restaurant one night. Cold and blowing and he was looking for some change to get a cup of coffee. I told him I’ll do one better let’s go in. As we were walking in the manager stopped us before we got to the counter and told me the gentleman wasn’t allowed in as it was for paying customers only!! I got a little up about it and told the manager HE IS a paying customer and is here with me as a friend!! The manager backed down and told the waitress something and she ushered us to the back of the restaurant. When we sat down the guy had tears in his eyes and whispered thank you to me. I said not a problem. My first wife was with me at the time handed him a menu and we told him to order whatever he wanted.. we sat and talked for an hour that night, he was a machinist by trade and lost everything after he lost his family from separation, he gave up caring because he thought no one cared for him. He found out different!! A couple days later we were in the area looking for him, my first wife made Afghans and such and we had a couple with us to give to him. We knew where he stayed as he had a lean to made from a couple tarps in the trees behind Denny’s. We stopped there and he wasn’t there, as we left we saw him down the road walking so we stopped and offered them to him. We then went and got him lunch and some more coffee and sat inside so he could warm up a bit... We talked about him getting back on track in life and him starting over. He
Said he was thinking about it but didn’t know where to start. I had a friend that was a machinist and contacted him after our first encounter and had a name and phone number with me this time.
I never saw him after that but I’m hopeful I changed his life in the fact he realized that a couple total strangers cared enough to make a difference!!!

I suppose everyone has their story. Its just good to see someone writing poetry that calls politicians out on their responsibility to improve things not just sweep things under the rug.

They get paid well to improve the system and homelessness is an area where improvement is obviously needed.

I suppose everyone has their story. Its just good to see someone writing poetry that calls politicians out on their responsibility to improve things not just sweep things under the rug.

They get paid well to improve the system and homelessness is an area where improvement is obviously needed.

You are so true on that one! They need to held more accountable for what they do or don’t do!!!

Back