Protection (closed)

As Molly and Maria head off to get her dressed and ready to go, I stand from my spot and hug you tightly. No words are said as I hug you, but after last night, I just feel that a few more hugs are needed. Waking up that morning was had and I can already tell that my emotions are stretching thin. It might be a hard day, but I’ll do my best to get through it.

When Molly comes back down, she lets you help her with her coat and sits quietly in her seat after you buckle her in. She’s extremely tired from her little party and it shows in the way that she follows without complaint and demands to be carried or held.

“Papa, I don’t want you and Mommy to go away.” She finally tells you as you push your basket through Home Depot.
 
"Well, Molly, don't you remember we talked about all this. After the wedding, Mommy and I are going on a trip and you will be staying with Maria. And then, a few weeks later, we are all going to Disney World." The reminder of staying with Maria and then the trip to Disney seems to be the thing that shakes her out of her little funk this morning.

After our stop at HD and we get back in the car, "Where do you want to eat, Molly. We can go anyplace you want today." After thinking about it for 30 seconds, "I want a Happy Meal at McDonalds." Pretty sure I will hear about this when we get home. "OK, Molly, McDonald's it is."
 
Molly is happy with her chicken nuggets and fries, becoming more lively as she eats with you and then begs to go play on the slide while you finish. While you’re still there, I send you a text asking if you could pick up some spicy Mexican soup from the store downtown. It seems that another craving has hit.

“Papa, can we go and get some movies too?” Molly asks as she comes hurrying back with her shoes in her hand, letting you help her get them back on.
 
"Yes, we can, but first we need to stop at the Mexican grocery store and pick up some soup for Mommy. Then we will stop at the video store and you can pick out two movies." Once we get home, Molly is a happy girl bouncing into the house with her movies and announces what she had for lunch, much to the dismay of Mommy and her "sister", the doctor.

After a disapproving look from you and Maria, I take Molly downstairs to set up the first of her movies on that TV, then head back up to the kitchen where you are Maria are double-checking your lists with all the details for the wedding. Sitting down with a cup of coffee, "So what do I need to do other than show up at the correct time?"
 
“Well, maybe you and Alex and Tom can go ahead and get the chairs and tables set up in the back yard.” I suggest as Maria nods and tells us that they should be delivered tomorrow morning.

“And then I think everything is pretty much done.” I say with a shrug as I get up to put the soup into the fridge for later. “Just have to make sure that you’re at the alter.”

Giving you a smile over my shoulder, Maria starts to tell you more about picking up your suits as I pull down the ice cream from the fridge and make milkshakes, calling Molly up the stairs to come get hers. I can tell that she’s excited about the little treat and she even gives me a hug that has tears welling in my eyes again before she disappears back into the family room with her treat.

“Who else wants one?” I ask, pouring some in a cup for Maria and placing one in front of you.

No one says a word as I pull out my jar of pickles to eat with my milkshake.
 
"No thanks, I'll stick with my coffee for now." A bit of a smile on Maria's face as you grab your pickles. her doctor's concern over your health no longer there. "Maria, I think you are going to be a big help to Molly in learning how to be a big sister just by the way you have been with her."

I can see in your face that this is one of those days when all the emotions are just beneath the surface . . . probably quite a few of those days to come. All I need to do is think about what has happened to my life in the past few months . . . and how much more it is going to change in the next few months . . . and realize I am the luckiest man on earth.
 
“Well, Daddy, I don’t think Molly will need much help in being a good big sister.” Maria answers, glancing towards me as I dip my pickles into my milkshake. “Alright, you two, I think I need to get going. I’m suppose to be meeting Sam for dinner.”

She can obviously tell how thinly stretched I am today and she takes special care to hug me tightly, kissing my cheek before she moves to you and does the same. A quick stop upstairs to grab her bags and a shout downstairs to say goodbye to Molly and we’re alone yet again.

“I think I’ll go upstairs and start packing our bags for the honeymoon.” I say, kissing you gently before I leave the room.
 
"I'll keep Molly occupied down here for a while . . . take as long as you need, babe." I can tell this is one of those days when you need to be by yourself . . . the wedding, the pregnancy, the honeymoon . . . plenty of things to play on the emotions.

Once you leave the kitchen, I head downstairs and get busy with the little bit of work I need to do to finish the office and family room electrical. Between her movie and watchiing me, I manage to keep Molly occupied .

Sitting back on the couch as Molly's movie comes to a close, I grab my phone and text Maria, "Thank for all your help. Have fun with Sam tonight."
 
A text comes back quickly. “Thanks, Daddy. We’ll have fun and you take special care of Michaela.”

Molly is soon tugging on your shirt, telling you that she’s hungry. It’s grown late while you’ve been watching her movie and she’s soon scurrying off the couch to head upstairs for dinner. As you make it to the kitchen, Molly is scurrying back in from the second floor, tugging on your shirt again.

“Papa, Mommy’s crying!” She insists, her face scrunched with concern.
 
"Molly, sit down here with me for a couple of minutes. You know how you get nervous sometimes when you aren't sure about something new . . . like your first day at school? Well, it's kind of like that for your Mommy right now, thinking about the wedding tomorrow. She is just nervous, wanting everything to happen like it is supposed to. I'm sure that by this evening, she will be smiling and wanting to share some time with just you before the wedding."

"What shall we fix for dinner? Remember, we got her some of that soup she likes; but what would you like?"
 
Molly nods her understanding and still looks concerned as you try to distract her from what she’s concerned about. “Can I have a hamburger?” She asks in her soft voice, still a little spooked as you start to heat up the soup.

It’s about fifteen minutes later when I finally come back downstairs, my eyes a bit puffy but the tears finally over. I am surprised when Molly hugs me around the knees, her little arms tight around me. I look at you with a questioning glance and understand that she must have seen my crying jag.

Lifting her into my arms, I kiss her on the cheek. “Well, Miss Molly, did you have fun at your slumber party?”
 
"Yes, Mommy, we had a lot of fun. Maria was a lot of fun with all of us."

Still looking at you with some concern in her eyes, "Papa says you are nervous about the wedding tomorrow. Will you be happy and stop crying when it is over?"

Looks like we are going to have to have the 'baby talk' as soon as we get back from the cruise. I'm sure she will be excited, but just needs to understand the limitations on you for the next few months.
 
“Well, baby, I can’t promise that I still won’t cry when the wedding is finished. Mommy is happy and they are tears of happiness. I promise.” I tell her, kissing her cheek and she seems satisfied with that answer for now.

Placing her at her seat at the table, I give you a little smile and help to prepare the meal. An extra hamburger for me and I’m a happy camper at the table with my soup and burger in front of me. Some fresh veggies instead of fries on Molly’s plate and she’s babbling like she normally does as you sit down to join us.
 
Once the subject of the wedding comes up, Molly is off on a string of sentences that seemingly never end. And after our conversation at Home Depot about her trip to Disney, she seems almost excited about our honeymoon cruise. Maybe in a few years, we can take the family on the Disney cruise . . .

Finally thru with dinner, I send the two of you down to the family room to watch the second movie while I clean up the kitchen. I give Tom a call and ask him about setting up the chairs tomorrow for the wedding. Once we get that covered, "So how was the rest of your night, Tom?" Obviously, Sarah or the girls must have been close by, because all he said, in a whisper was, "Fucking incredible . . . we'll talk tomorrow."
 
Snuggling up with Molly, I can see that she just needs some quality attention and she’ll be just fine. A night alone with Mommy seems to be just the thing and she’s content to sit next to me and watch her movie. Wrapping one arm around her and placing my free on my belly, I sigh in contentment and press a kiss to her forehead.

“I love you, Miss Molly. I hope you know that.” I say and she looks up at me with a smile.

“I love you too, Mommy. I love Papa too.” That makes me smile and I kiss her again, letting her get comfortable to watch the movie.

About an hour into the movie, I glance up to see you coming down the stairs. Giving you a smile, I snuggle up against your side as you sit down. Molly is already dozing, but I’m too comfortable to be bothered to move.

“Are you nervous about tomorrow?” I ask you, tilting my head back to look into your face.
 
"Not really nervous, but kinda excited . . . can't wait to make my new family official. Really looking forward to have Alex and Becky, and Maria and Sam, here with us. And then a week away on a cruise with you. That will be incredible; just hope I can keep up with my sexy and wild wife . . ."

Leaning over and kissing you as your head tilts back and your face looks up to mine. Being a "good boy", I keep my hands to myself, after all, never know when 5-year old eyes may wake up.
 
I smile as you kiss me and I move my hand from my belly to your cheek. “I’m sorry that I’ve been so emotional lately. I can’t seem to help it.” I confess to you as Molly stirs next to me, stretching and yawning as she starts to wake up.
 
"Not a problem, babe . . . guess it goes with the hormonal changes affecting your body right now."

Standing up and walking over to pick up Molly and carry her up to her bedroom. "Mommy will be up in a couple of minutes; go ahead and get undressed and you can get in the bathtub before she gets up here. Then she can help you dry off and get your pajamas on."

"Don't forget, Maria and Alex will be here early tomorrow to help get everything ready for the wedding, so we all need to get to bed early tonight."
 
Getting Molly dressed and ready for bed, I sigh as I watch my little girl sleeping for a long moment before I head for the bedroom to join you in the final preparations of packing for the honeymoon.

“I tried to pick out things that would be comfortable. I hope you don’t mind that I raided your side of the closet.” I say with a smile as I let you look through what I’ve picked out.

My own bag is full of comfortable clothing and bathing suits. I’ve even added in a couple of sexy pieces of lingerie that I plan on surprising you with once we’re in our cabin on the cruise.
 
"I think I can get my stuff together without too much trouble . . . the usual attire for a cruise, plus a sport coat for the Captain's dinner on Wednesday night." And of course, an assortment of toys and a movie for our private enjoyment in our cabin.

Looking at your suitcase, "Babe, I think those t-shirts look a lot better on you than they do on me."
 
“Well, that’s good for me then. I don’t think I’ll let you have them back.” I say with a smile as you look at my suitcase. “Besides, they’re comfy and they smell like you. I can see wearing them more and more as my belly swells.”
 
Returning to mu suitcase, another quick look . . . all I need to do is toss in my tooth brush, etc . . . and I'll be ready to go. Planning on jeans and casual shirt for the flight to Miami tomorrow evening. Grabbing the packet with flight info and tickets and cruise stuff' stuffing that in the pocket in my suitcase . . . ready go.

"Gonna take a quick shower, babe . . .then I think we need to get to bed and get a good night's sleep . . . big day tomorrow!!"

Just as I start to strip and head for the shower, the phone rings, "Hey, Tom, what's up? . . . . . . . OK. I'll meet her at the door."

Turning to you, "Tom said Sarah is coming over with something they want us to have tonight."
 
Last edited:
Already changed into pajamas, I look at you with a surprised glance as you announce that Tom and Sarah are on their way over. “Did they say what they were bringing?” I ask, slipping on a robe as I hear someone knocking at the door.
 
"I have no idea. Toms just said Sarah was coming over with something they wanted us to have tonight. I'll go down and see wht it is." Walking down to the front door, I open it to find Sarah standing there, alone, in a long coat, buttoned completely and heels.

She does not appear to have anything in her hands, but walks in and says, "Tom and I had such a fun time with the two of you last night, and after discussing this with him, he agreed that I should come over tonight."

"OK, if this is for both of us, Michaela is upstairs in the bedroom finishing her packing." I follow Sarah up to our bedroom. After we enter, she closes the door, unbuttons her coat to reveal that she is comletely naked, and turns to you, "Lie down on the on the bed, Michaela. This is a little bit of a thank you for last night; just for opening up our love life to some new and exciting things . . . and some very exciting friends."
 
Stunned speechless when Sarah strips off her coat and tells me to lie on the bed, I glance towards you and see the look of lust in your eyes. A shy smile in your direction and I lead the way back onto the bed, waiting to see what will happen that evening. Whatever it is, it will definitely be memorable.
 
Back
Top