Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Save the ketchup for fries, it doesn't belong on hot dogs.

Hmm, now why would you say that? I say put whatever you like on it, just like some people put <shudder> mayo on their fries. Whatever floats your boat, yes?

Or is this some old-time rule of which I am unaware? :D

Hmm, now why would you say that? I say put whatever you like on it, just like some people put <shudder> mayo on their fries. Whatever floats your boat, yes?

Or is this some old-time rule of which I am unaware? :D

No, you are free to put whatever you want on your dog. Ketchup on hot dogs just makes me gag. :)

No, you are free to put whatever you want on your dog. Ketchup on hot dogs just makes me gag. :)

Fair enough. I had a hideous reaction to mustard way back when, so I can empathize. Perhaps we should abandon the hot dogs altogether and get pizza? :)

Now, what are your thoughts on red hot dogs?

Red hot dogs were not prominent when I lived in Maine shortly after the Civil War so they are not a part of my native experience. I have seen them and have consumed one or two, merely for anthropological purposes, of course. They are hot dogs, nothing more.

As to the no-ketchup rule: that's something that developed as I grew older, say 10 or 12, as I recall. Now thart I live in Chicago, it's a part of accepted local dogma.

For those who remain uneducated on Chicago hot dog dogma, this is what a classic Chicago dog looks like. It's a highly nutritious meal, covering every food group except chocolate:

Last edited:
The perfect weenie can make for some polarizing debate. Ketchup vs mustard, and then what kind of mustard. Who makes the best weenie? Should the skin / casing have a nice 'snap' when you bite it, or not?

Whether a Nat's fan, or a Chicago dog fundamentalist, if you ever make it out to the West Coast you gotta try a Japadog. It'll change the way you think about the beloved hot diggity dog.

bottom bun-- ketchup.

top bun-- mayo, then mustard.

sweet relish goes down the center, of course!

hot dog should be big enough that I have to open my mouth wiiide, but not so big that I can't swallow. ;)

An allegory of my time here at Lit. :D

kQemJ.gif

Red hot dogs were not prominent when I lived in Maine shortly after the Civil War so they are not a part of my native experience. I have seen them and have consumed one or two, merely for anthropological purposes, of course. They are hot dogs, nothing more.

As to the no-ketchup rule: that's something that developed as I grew older, say 10 or 12, as I recall. Now thart I live in Chicago, it's a part of accepted local dogma.

For those who remain uneducated on Chicago hot dog dogma, this is what a classic Chicago dog looks like. It's a highly nutritious meal, covering every food group except chocolate:

I am not a fan of red hot dogs. I had never seen them before we moved to Maine. 10 or 12 is probably around the time I stopped putting ketchup on hot dogs, too. Now I just can't stomach it.

I lived in RI for a couple of years, and oddly, that's where I was introduced to Chicago-style hot dogs. I don't like pickles, so the Chicago dogs don't do much for me. But it certainly is an impressive looking dog. :)

The perfect weenie can make for some polarizing debate. Ketchup vs mustard, and then what kind of mustard. Who makes the best weenie? Should the skin / casing have a nice 'snap' when you bite it, or not?

Whether a Nat's fan, or a Chicago dog fundamentalist, if you ever make it out to the West Coast you gotta try a Japadog. It'll change the way you think about the beloved hot diggity dog.

Phew...they've got a plain, all beef dog. Now the question is, do they have mustard?

Sometimes it's too early for hot dogs!

My goodness man! That is just beyond the pale and should come with a warning.
Sick, sick, SICK! You can't just un-see this kind of stuff. Where do you find this stuff!?!?

Probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen posted on these here boards.

LOL That wasn't giving you shit! That was just saying "yuck". I'm pretty sure that by now, you know when I'm giving you shit!

I see you giving me shit all the time, what I'd like to see is you giving me boobies! :devil:;):D

My goodness man! That is just beyond the pale and should come with a warning.
Sick, sick, SICK! You can't just un-see this kind of stuff. Where do you find this stuff!?!?

Probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen posted on these here boards.

Oh, come on, who doesn't like a little toothpaste on their wiener?!?!?

Back