What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giving gty's to THOSE COUNTRIES????????????????


WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I See No Questor, do you See Questor?
 
Democrats in Congress Are Increasingly Worried About Obamacare

Peter Suderman|May. 1, 2013 3:45 pm



Whitehouse.govWhitehouse.govLast week The New York Times noted that Democrats on Capitol Hill were increasingly concerned about the rollout of Obamacare. The Hill follows up with a report today noting that “anxious Democrats fear a botched implementation of ObamaCare could dash their hopes of controlling the House and Senate for President Obama’s last two years in office.”

Democrats in Congress aren’t likely to be particularly reassured by the White House’s response to these concerns. At a press conference yesterday, President Obama acknowledged that implementing the law would be “a big undertaking,” that states opting out of the exchange creation “puts more of a burden on us,” and that, no matter what, there were bound to be “glitches and bumps” along the way. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently admitted that premiums would rise for some under the law.

If voters soured on Democrats because of implementation troubles, it probably wouldn’t be the first time the health law cost Democrats politically. Last year, a team of political scientists found that voting for the law may have cost Democrats control of the House in 2010. And public perception of the law isn’t any stronger right now: Just 35 percent of the public has a favorable opinion of the law, according to the most recent Kaiser Health Tracking poll.
 
Barack Obama’s ‘Fairness’ Economy Has Backfired
Barack Obama's 'Fairness' Economy Has Backfired


By: David Harsanyi
5/1/2013 09:10 PM



One of the most seductive parts of President Barack Obama’s political message (and the message of progressive Democrats in general) is sympathy for the poor and a willingness to talk about the disparities of capitalism — about the rich being too rich and the poor being screwed. In some ways, it’s the predominant message of the Obama era.

And though it’s reasonable to contend that Republicans need to display more compassion — if for nothing else than their own political survival — isn’t it also reasonable to take stock of how things have gone for the poor under four-plus years of progressive rule?

Now, if you’re heavily invested in the market, life is peachy. A confounding fact, no doubt, when one considers that nearly every economic indicator known to mankind has been pretty abysmal of late. We are experiencing high unemployment, a shrinking labor force, stagnant gross domestic product growth and rickety consumer confidence. A disconnected market, though, has been on a historic boom. So if we need any more proof that life really isn’t fair, think about this: The rich have the Federal Reserve, and you have Harry Reid.

What does it mean in substance? According to a new Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau data, thanks to a robust stock and bond market, coupled with a lousy housing market, the recovery has meant that households with a net worth in the upper 7 percent have seen their net worth rise, on average, by nearly 30 percent in the years after the recession and that everyone else’s net worth has dropped by an average of 4 percent.

The economic gap between whites and minorities is even worse. According to the Urban Institute, whites, on average, have two times the income of blacks and Hispanics and six times the wealth, and that gap is accelerating.

This is going on, if you can imagine, even after a tax hike on the wealthy.

The left’s answer to this accelerating disparity under Obama will, no doubt, be more regulatory burdens, more tax hikes (the president is still obsessed with closing loopholes on private jets — a rounding error, in his budget), more deficit spending and more programs that smooth over all the unjust vagaries of life. Most often, these solutions erect barriers to mobility for small businesses and entrepreneurs — the types of people who help alter the dynamics of mobility. Despite what you may hear, more revenue for government doesn’t create wealth. A freer economy and more societal stability do.

If Americans believe that government should promote opportunity and mobility and not equality of outcomes, as this administration claims, allowing more economic freedom would not leave us hapless in the face of unregulated anarchy. It would do the opposite. It would invite more innovation and more opportunity.

Or forget policy. Maybe this is a moral question. Maybe it’s a question of leadership. You may believe that government has no business telling us how to lead our lives. I would agree. But if the president were really concerned about inequality, rather than praise abortion mills, he might want to speak out on the importance of families, which, whether we like it or not, are one of the leading indicators of personal prosperity. He might want to speak out about the immorality of a welfare state that helps destroy those families.

Because really, what policy passed or proposed by Democrats over the past four years has started or would start fixing the income disparity in any substantive way? There are two obvious ways to start doing that, and neither seems to interest the president.
 
They shouda studied CUNT STUDIES

Obamanomics: 40% Of U.S. College Graduates Are Underemployed…




These same college students supported Obama in droves and now they can’t get a full-time job because of his policies.


(Reuters) – More than 40 percent of recent U.S. college graduates are underemployed or need more training to get on a career track, a poll released on Tuesday showed.

The online survey of 1,050 workers who finished school in the past two years and 1,010 who will receive their degree in 2013 also found that many graduates, some heavily in debt because of the cost of their education, say they are in jobs that do not require a college degree.

Thirty-four percent said they had student loans of $30,000 or less, while 17 percent owed between $30,000 to $50,000.

“For our nation’s youngest workers, as well as for the workforce at large, there is a real need for employers to reexamine how they hire, train and develop their employees,” said Katherine Lavelle, of the global management consulting firm Accenture, which conducted the survey.

Nearly half, 42 percent, of recent graduates expect they will need an advanced degree to further their career and almost a quarter are already planning to take graduate courses.
 
Next time, READ WHAT IS IN TH EBILL and NEVER TRUST THE BLACK GUY

Harry Reid Says He “Agrees” Obamacare Could Be A “Train Wreck”…




But Dingy has a solution to stop the train wreck… more funding.

Via The Hill:


Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says he shares colleagues’ concerns that the Affordable Care Act could become a “train wreck” if it’s not implemented properly.

Reid warned that people will not be able to choose health insurance plans on government health exchanges if federal authorities lack the resources to set them up and educate the public.

“Max said unless we implement this properly it’s going to be a train wreck and I agree with him,” Reid said, echoing a warning delivered last week by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.).

Reid warned the federal government is not spending enough money to implement the law because of Republican opposition to ObamaCare.

“Here’s what we have now, we have the menu but we don’t have any way to get to the menu,” Reid said.
 
Five consecutive posts in 15 minutes from Dizzybooby means it's a good day to be an American, unless you're an entitled racist fuckstick.
 
Seven Lessons of the Obamacare Ignorance Poll


By Stanley Kurtz



Earthquakes happen. Yesterday’s revelation that 42 percent of Americans don’t even know that Obamacare exists gives pause for reflection. Here are some lessons.

Lesson One: When they say low-information voters, they mean low information voters.

Lesson Two: The press isn’t doing its job. Even today, the New York Times buries its piece on the president’s weak response at yesterday’s press conference to predictions of an Obamacare implementation “train wreck” on page 15. That piece fails to draw on comments by supporters or critics of the president’s remarks. The Washington Post’s tiny article by Sarah Kliff on page twelve doesn’t even mention the president’s scarcely credible press-conference response. Instead, Kliff’s piece touts a streamlined new Obamacare application form, essentially echoing the administration’s own talking points while reporting only praise for this alleged bureaucratic coup. The sensational poll findings on the public’s continuing ignorance of Obamacare’s existence should have prompted Page One stories on the issue, with a focus on Obama’s highly debatable response to the “train wreck” charge, and comments from administration supporters and critics alike. Is the press covering for Obama? Sure, but at this point even digging up buried Obamacare stories is a challenge. No wonder the public’s out of the loop.

Lesson Three: Last year’s election results may be a lot less troubling than Republicans thought. Sure, there are problems, especially with the Millennials. Yet a public that barely even knows that Obamacare exists cannot be viewed as having endorsed it — or its author. Which leads us to . . .

Lesson Four: John McCain’s “celebrity” attack ad may have been the ultimate commentary on the Obama presidency. The public feels good about supporting Obama, and so doesn’t want to be troubled by the unpleasant reality of the president’s actions. It must be dry this year in the land of the Brotherhood, because denial is a 3,000-mile-long river delta that begins to spread just outside the Beltway. All those polls showing the president’s personal popularity higher than the popularity of his policies — not to mention the way his support kept tanking whenever he made speeches about Obamacare — it all makes sense, and it’s still going on. We’ve reelected a president we’re so desperate to like that we’ve made his signature policy accomplishment disappear. Is the claim of press malfeasance incompatible with the notion of a public in denial? Not at all. The public wants to forget about Obamacare, and the press is pleased to oblige.

Lesson Five: There’s an important kernel of truth in this ignorance. Obamacare doesn’t really exist yet. In fact, much of Obama’s first term has yet to happen in any real sense. Obama understands that the public likes its thoroughly idealized idea of him much better than reality. That’s why he postponed full implementation of so many of his policies until after his reelection. At base, this is a deceptive and anti-democratic procedure. The public ought to have voted on the president’s policies as actually experienced. They ended up voting on their image of Obama the celebrity instead, largely because Obama himself gave them little else to go on.

Lesson Six: Obama is still telling pretty lies about Obamacare, claims designed to make it disappear in the public mind. At yesterday’s press conference, Obama said that people who already had health insurance could pretty much ignore Obamacare-implementation issues from here on. In effect, he’s still peddling the claim that if you like your current insurance, you can keep it. Although rate shock, employer-based-insurance dumping, and changed hiring practices may soon push millions of policy holders into the exchanges, Obama pretends that there’s nothing to see here. And contrary to the president’s claims at the presser, the exchanges are far from the only parts of Obamacare that remain to be implemented. There’s also the infamous IPAB health-care rationing panel (and yes, despite denials, it’s effectively a rationing board). Implementation of IPAB is being held back by Obama for political reasons. The administration’s failure to move on IPAB is anther reason why Obama himself can be blamed for the public’s ignorance of the law. Timely nominations for this controversial panel would have put Obamacare in the news every day, and every day the news would have been bad. So even though IPAB is law, why shouldn’t Obama just pretend it doesn’t exist?

Lesson Seven: Obama is vulnerable, very vulnerable. When something the public doesn’t know exists — and doesn’t want to know exists — actually turns out to exist, people are going to get angry. Even the president now calls it Obamacare. Good luck with that.
 
and of course we had an ultra NICE Mitt Romney who didn't make and couldn't make ObamaCare an issue

and a PRESS WHO LIES
 
US jobless claims fall to 5-year low of 324K
US weekly unemployment aid applications drop to 324K, lowest in 5 years, sign of fewer layoffs
Associated PressBy Christopher s. Rugaber, AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of Americans seeking unemployment aid fell last week to seasonally adjusted 324,000, the lowest since January 2008. The drop points to fewer layoffs and possibly more hiring.

The Labor Department said Thursday that weekly applications fell 18,000, the second straight sharp drop. The four-week average, a less volatile measure, plummeted 16,000 to 342,250, close to a five-year low.


Spin it guys!

On a side note, I'm about to sell a bunch of investments and make a ton of money. How's gold doing?
 
Obama's recovery has failed

Yes, the recession ended, but the pace of the recovery has been slow and now it's stalling out. Where next? No one in Washington, including the president, seems to know.

http://money.msn.com/investing/obamas-recovery-has-failed


Which conservative who predicted a double-dip recession and Wall Street stagnancy is man enough to take responsibility for their failed predictions? My guess is that all of you are such cowardly little pussies that you'll keep slinking around pretending like you were never wrong.
 
Which conservative who predicted a double-dip recession and Wall Street stagnancy is man enough to take responsibility for their failed predictions? My guess is that all of you are such cowardly little pussies that you'll keep slinking around pretending like you were never wrong.

Tell us more about muslim militias asswipeMORON.
 
BLS employment report due out tomorrow, let's place bets. Here's my guess, plus or minus 5k jobs:

+174k jobs
revisions +60k
jobless rate ticks up .1%
U-6 holds steady


Whoever guesses the closest gets bragging rights for 30 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Thirty minutes? That shit should be your sig for the entire month and someone should start a thread keeping track.
 
Thirty minutes? That shit should be your sig for the entire month and someone should start a thread keeping track.

I don't use sigs but if I nailed it exactly I might. I haven't actually looked at any data or analysis, just threw some numbers out.
 
CURRY

It is hard to believe that after all the trillions spent you pretend to be happy with 324000 new claims

Especially when under BushCo, GDP 4-5% and 5% unemployment all was HORRID


ObamaNom ICKS is a failure by any measure

QE Has Been and Will Be a Complete and Utter Failure


The Fed is now blaming Congress for the failures of its QE policies.


This is to be expected, given that no one in the power elite ever accepts responsibility for their own failures. Congressional members blames each other (depending on which party they’re in), the Fed blames Congress, the White House blames the GOP, and on and on.


Behind this façade of bickering is the total and complete failure of the Fed’s policies to generate economic growth OR jobs. Regarding #1, the US has not had a single year of 3% GDP growth since Bernanke became Fed Chairman. End of story.


As for QE… there is not one single example in history in which QE has successfully created jobs. The UK has engaged in QE equal to over 20% of its GDP and hasn’t seen a real recovery in employment. Similarly, Japan has employed QE equal to nearly 25% of its GDP and GDP growth continues to slow while unemployment stays elevated.


As for the US, the Fed has spent roughly $2 trillion in the last year via QE. During that time a little over, 500,000 jobs were created… So the Fed is spending roughly half a MILLION dollars to create each job.


There’s a word for this… it’s pathetic. Actually “insane” would be a better choice. This is what happens when you put Central Planners who have little if any real world experience, in charge of an economy. You spend millions of dollars to create low paying jobs.


And the Fed’s argument is to keep doing this until unemployment falls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top