The General Commentary Thread

You're having a great run cherries. It really is a delight to read you again (I've really missed you). That sonnet you just posted--gorgeous!

I missed you, too. Remec is going great guns on 30/30. I loved mind the gap. And Ange, we all remember. I grieve as well, but am grateful that the love you had shone bright and large in so many lives. It gave us hope.

when did they change all the control panels and settings for submitting a piece I'm so lost now

nearly there Remec good endurance man.... as to the last piece I've read stuff that's more prose, I have no issues with it

Last edited:
I think I may have seen too much violence in my life :(

sometimes looking back I wonder how so much can be on one person's life.

and Katie, Katie, katie..... what GM said

I have no more words than that

Thank you, gm-that means a great deal coming from you.:)

My pleasure. The enjambment is wonderful. The imagery is so well integrated throughout the poem.

I liked the varying lengths of each sentence/stanza. "I wish I could stay" set up the next stanza. While "Stay" is repeated twice, I read them differently than "I wish I could stay." I took them to be in the imperative mood, i.e., commands that were futile, given how the last stanza ended.

If this were in "New Poems," I definitely would have saved it as a favorite.

Oops GP! I did not know we were writing at the same time. Your poem is lovely. I'm sure the poets will sort it out. :kiss:

My pleasure. The enjambment is wonderful. The imagery is so well integrated throughout the poem.

I liked the varying lengths of each sentence/stanza. "I wish I could stay" set up the next stanza. While "Stay" is repeated twice, I read them differently than "I wish I could stay." I took them to be in the imperative mood, i.e., commands that were futile, given how the last stanza ended.

KJ, I agree with gm - lovely.

You read them as I intended which is satisfying. I liked the idea of creating a "turn" in the poem using the same word but in a different way. Thanks again. Your words are encouraging.

KJ, I agree with gm - lovely.

Thank you so much. :)

Katie I love what you did with my sense words in your latest entry in that challenge. The images are vivid and I especially dig your take on cola because 1) I don't know if I like the sweetness or the burn better either; and 2) the way you expanded that idea and made it into a metaphor takes the whole poem to another level. Your ending is great, too!

Hell I'm just glad you're back again. It's always a pleasure to read you. :rose::rose::rose:

Back