The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, trust me, I did warm it up so it's nice and gloopy ... ooops some is dripping off your knee into the hot tub! I better just lick that up - to keep it clean in here. :devil:

LOL, here's your pancake! and I must go and pack the lunch, and put Piglet into its school uniform now.
:rose:

Hehe, ticklish there. :eek:

Of course, the MILF signal is shining in the clouds and she must save the day. ;)

Hullo dahlinks!
Cup of tea anyone? It's nearly cake and little-finger-sandwich time. We could have whisky with that, doncha think? :devil:

Ugh. Don't even get me started on my lawn-mowing rant again... <starts foaming at the mouth> :rolleyes:

Nice work on the glassware, BTW, honey... :) *hug*
I knew you'd understand. And thank you! It was a very drama-infused weekend. *hug*

Hullo dahlinks!
Cup of tea anyone? It's nearly cake and little-finger-sandwich time. We could have whisky with that, doncha think? :devil:
Oh, I'll pass on the whisky just now. I think we're heading out in a bit. It's going to be the last nice day for the week.

I knew you'd understand. And thank you! It was a very drama-infused weekend. *hug*

Oh, I'll pass on the whisky just now. I think we're heading out in a bit. It's going to be the last nice day for the week.

I think I missed that boat... Carpe that diem, kiddo :)

Clowns with lawnmowers might get a little bloody on the sight gags. :eek:

Afternooner all.

Afternooner all.

Hullo! Whisky for you? :devil: I have to get through this marking somehow.

'Lo, Steve! Hope you are enjoying the nice weather, anna, and a good celebration. :)

I'll have some. I really want to be able to write again.

I am convinced that getting bombed out of your head on a quality single malt is the way to good writing. Of feedback on essays as well as of stories.

I just have to make sure I don't write WTF!!!!! in the comments boxes of the students' essays like I do in stories I edit. :D

I am convinced that getting bombed out of your head on a quality single malt is the way to good writing. Of feedback on essays as well as of stories.

I just have to make sure I don't write WTF!!!!! in the comments boxes of the students' essays like I do in stories I edit. :D

Why not? I know some students that could use a good WTF! occasionally.

I'll pass on the booze as I'm still working and they frown on me getting bombed here. :rolleyes:

Why not? I know some students that could use a good WTF! occasionally.

I'll pass on the booze as I'm still working and they frown on me getting bombed here. :rolleyes:

Come back later and get bombed. :devil:

I know, I often think how much good a WTF!!!! would do my students. Not these ones who are all lovely mature students, but the snotty middle class young ones I used to have. Sometimes I would say something really rude by accident and they would roll around laughing, and they always remembered whatever it was I suddenly was very louche about <snerk>.

But the managers, my dear, are prone to frown on seeing essays littered with WTF!!!s and as they do the hiring and firing, one must play along, la la la. (I really should learn not to make it so evident that I'm not taking them seriously, LOL. But when I look deep in their eyes and say, "Really? Fill the form in? In joined up writing?" they get so hilariously cross. :D

Whenever I have a friend who asks me to edit their papers, I first make sure to get their permission to be mean. I'd be a harsh teacher, I think. But my harshest teachers were the ones who made me a good writer.

I think I missed that boat... Carpe that diem, kiddo :)

'Lo, Steve! Hope you are enjoying the nice weather, anna, and a good celebration. :)
What an absolutely beautiful day! We ended up going for a walk along the waterfront, sat outside the stadium for a while and listened to the crowd go wild when the home team broke the tied score then headed back to our favorite bistro for beer and a light snack. Well, the fella had a beer; I had a beer cocktail. :)

Afternooner all.
Hmm, I kinda like the idea of clowns with lawnmowers, as long as they're taking each other out and not the innocent allergy sufferers.

Oh, shut up! I can be innocent!

What an absolutely beautiful day!

then headed back to our favorite bistro for beer and a light snack. Well, the fella had a beer; I had a beer cocktail. :)

I can be innocent!

Innocent of what, my dear.
But one thing I simply have to know about:-

A Beer Cocktail ?

WTF ?

Whenever I have a friend who asks me to edit their papers, I first make sure to get their permission to be mean. I'd be a harsh teacher, I think. But my harshest teachers were the ones who made me a good writer.

When I agree to edit for someone, I explain first that I am a very rough editor who will write WTF!!!! all over their precious prose. I'm horribly shirty if they make their characters have wines with the wrong food (LaRascasse once even thanked me for making it clear he should never pursue a career as a sommelier - and just look where he is today). I have no need to add that I will flirt outrageously in the comments boxes, as that is of course a given.

What an absolutely beautiful day! We ended up going for a walk along the waterfront, sat outside the stadium for a while and listened to the crowd go wild when the home team broke the tied score then headed back to our favorite bistro for beer and a light snack. Well, the fella had a beer; I had a beer cocktail. :)

Hmm, I kinda like the idea of clowns with lawnmowers, as long as they're taking each other out and not the innocent allergy sufferers.

Oh, shut up! I can be innocent!

I bet you do it very nicely too. :)

A beer cocktail? You mean like black velvet? :p

Oh dahlink, I skipped you! I must give you a kiss.
:kiss:

Good day?

Frankly, Duchess, a terrible day. I woke early with painful cramp; snoozed on the sofa most of the morning until I went shopping, and was not at all with it this afternoon.
Tonight, "the Management" finally caught up with me. When I've worked out quite how the 'new, improved' teaching thing works, I'll let you know.
First impression is that we're teaching the little dears to pass the exam, not understand the basics of the subject.

Now then; ROLF, A large glass of "drown it" please.
Anyone else?

Frankly, Duchess, a terrible day. I woke early with painful cramp; snoozed on the sofa most of the morning until I went shopping, and was not at all with it this afternoon.
Tonight, "the Management" finally caught up with me. When I've worked out quite how the 'new, improved' teaching thing works, I'll let you know.
First impression is that we're teaching the little dears to pass the exam, not understand the basics of the subject.

Now then; ROLF, A large glass of "drown it" please.
Anyone else?

Oh poor thing! Would a massage help, do you think? You must work the muscle by walking it out, if you haven't already done that hobbling round the shops.

God, I hate that kind of teaching. There's more and more of it nowadays. I know you're incredulous but that may well be what management are asking you to do. When people are paying for a course, there's a lot of pressure on the institution to make sure they get their bit of paper at the end of it.

I have a good, true story about postgraduate dissertations tho'! It concerns the son of minor Arabic royalty. He had been warned about mild plagiarism once, and had apologised graciously, when his next piece of work turned up blatantly plagiarised again. Regretfully, he was called in to be ticked off.
"What can you do?" he exclaimed. "I've told the guy I paid to do this not to copy it."
You just can't get the staff these days, huh! :D

Oh poor thing! Would a massage help, do you think? You must work the muscle by walking it out, if you haven't already done that hobbling round the shops.

God, I hate that kind of teaching. There's more and more of it nowadays. I know you're incredulous but that may well be what management are asking you to do. When people are paying for a course, there's a lot of pressure on the institution to make sure they get their bit of paper at the end of it.

I have a good, true story about postgraduate dissertations tho'! It concerns the son of minor Arabic royalty. He had been warned about mild plagiarism once, and had apologised graciously, when his next piece of work turned up blatantly plagiarised again. Regretfully, he was called in to be ticked off.
"What can you do?" he exclaimed. "I've told the guy I paid to do this not to copy it."
You just can't get the staff these days, huh! :D

Understood <Giggle>
I'm told of some interesting stories about minor (near-East) royalty at a military training establishment where the guy concerned let a minion do the work for him (it was beneath his personal dignity, or something).

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back