Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

"To me it is the music that flows from you, this is how I calmed the Amir and how I held the soldiers in a spell. With the music that came from them."
 
SO you did do something to them.... To the Amir...

She stopped watching him confused and a faintest edge of fearful... those of the magics are usually not out for the greater good of anyone but themselves.
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled and stopped playing,

"All I did was play the music that they wanted to hear and feel. I did not do anytging but feel the music and played it."

He kicked off his shoes and moved further up onto the bed, resting his back against the wall, his legs stretched out in front of him.

"But thank you for dancing for me, you truly have made it an art."
 
So now what is to happen?

She watched him move back and bit at her lip. This man confused her and in some ways scared her more than the Amir or the others that she knew what to expect from but he was nothing like them. What would he want of her this night beyond that which he had asked thus far.
 
Deacon Frost

"What else will happen tonight? I'm going to sit here until I fall asleep and you can do just what you want to apart from killing me."

He leaned back against the wall, his fingers caressing the harp, bringing forth a song as old as the people of the land. It was not sad, nor happy, it was not fast nor slow...it just...was.
 
She did not know what to do. She curled onto the far side of the bed confused but finally fell asleep.
 
Deacon Frost

It was not long before the music fell quiet and Deacon fell asleep where he sat, the harp clutched to his chest
 
Samira awoke with the dawn to find he still had not done anything to her nor made any move from his resting place. He was a most confusing being but she quietly slipped from her bed remembering his words of the trees and the grasslands of his home and found a deep yet soft green costume to wear that day smiling softly as she got ready.
 
Deacon Frost

He woke as she got dressed, through half-open eyelids, he studied her naked form, not revealing in any way that he was awake. She was even prettier without clothing than with clothing, it was a shame that she had been cast into a life like this. He closed eyes and thought of darkness and it soon claimed him as he fell asleep again.
 
Slipping from the room she moved to find something to eat before her day of dancing and who knows what all began. She glanced to Salim who still seemed angered at her. She quickly looked away and sat nibbling at a little piece of bread. She feared what Salim would do since there was so long before patrons would start arriving.
 
Deacon Frost

Her leaving roused him again, he stretched and yawned, stroking over his harp. He had to finish as the sun was up already and the day growing warmer, he slipped from the bed and pulled on his shoes. He casually walked down to his room, ignoring the pointed stare of Salim and grabbed something to eat on his way.
 
She hoped that he would understand that Salim would expect her to appear afraid of the one that claimed her the night before. She recoiled slightly a whimpered step back as he neared her. Samira quickly hurrying from the kitchen and into the main room. She however was more fearful of what Salim might do than of the Deacon.
 
Deacon Frost

He bathed, shaved and got dressed, he had caught the play acting of Samira, but why she did it only she knew. Salim stopped him as he moved to go to the common room,

"You know Deacon, you are starting to become a liability to me."

Deacon looked at the hand on his chest and in a flash his hand was against Salim's neck, the sharp blade of a dagger resting out of sight under Salim's beard.

"You know Salim, you are a pig, you are actually the worst kind. A stupid pig. I know that you raked in more money than on the best of days, you did only have to spare a dancing girl, one which you should prize, instead of throwing to the jackals."

Deacon spat to the side, the ultimate show of disrespect and anger in Salim's culture,

"I will play the music that makes you rich, but heed my words Salim, either you start to learn respect or you will find just how deadly I actually am."

Deacon lowered his hand, his blue eyes flashing with cold fire as he kept his gaze on Salim.

"I'm going to go play and your girls will dance. You stick to what you do best and rake in the money."

He deliberately turned his back on Salim and walked further, the dagger gone from sight.
 
Samira did not see what happened but Mirri did. She knew that the stranger had claimed Samira and yet precious Samira was not harmed... what made her so important and special to the stranger as well as most everyone else. She went and talked to her.

Do not manipulate the stranger precious Samira... Salim would more let me leave if he chose to take one away with him then you so leave him to those of us who stand a chance of leaving this place.

Samira just shook her head looking to MIrri... you nor any of us can understand him trust me... it is far stranger than what any others ask of us... Mirri if any should seek to find someone to take us from here to a life we would understand and survive it should NOT be him.
 
Deacon Frost

The evening passed as any other evening, the girls danced, the patrons, drank, ate and entertained themselves with the dancing girls. It seemed that Salim had taken Deacon's advice and some patrons refused to pay the price that Salim stated. They did not get the girl unless they paid the price, the harp and flute combination was very entertaining and it was early morning again when Deacon finally dragged himself from his seat. He found Mirri waiting for him, he gave her a wan smile,

"Been waiting for me banti?"

Banti was a frail white flower which only grew in the shadows of the foot of the desert mountains. It was a pretty flower, but very rare, to Mirri it seemed like praise from the stranger.

"Would you need company tonight?"

He nodded,

"Sure,"

he followed her as she led him to her room. Once inside he kicked off his shoes and sat down, looking at her.

"Mirri, Mirri, Mirri, you are jealous of the wrong person for the wrong reason."

He ran his fingers over the frame of the harp he had in his arms,

"Oh pretty flower, flower of the people, you thirst for water, yet all you find is sand."

It was words to a song, but he did not play it, he knew that she knew it well,

"You have to let the hate go Mirri, it will make you a sad old woman and you do not want to be that in your young life."
 
All of you seek Samira... FOOLS! Salim will never release her to any of you... you leave the rest of us and seek only her... WHY!!

Mirri stood there angry and hurt.
 
Deacon Frost

"Do I seek her out? Have you seen me make one move to take her apart from the claim I made after Salim told me to make a claim to her?"

Her anger was irrational and it was starting to get under his skin,

"You call me a fool little one, but dabbling in the dark arts is foolish."

He saw her start and peer at him,

"What? How did you? I have no idea what you mean."

Deacon pointed at the corner of the table, on its side was a sign, one that she had made,

"I am not a complete fool Mirri, like I told you, no touch can warm me, not even Samira's. If I sought her why am I here with you and not with her?"

He got from the bed and slipped on his shoes again, looking down at her,

"Stop the path you are on Mirri, its dangerous."
 
But you do nothing... yes you are here but what is the point you do nothing... the way Samira acts you did more than nothing in her chambers

Mirri was growing angry... You cost us all money to claim one of us and do nothing...
 
Deacon Frost

"Yet two nights now the music had made more money than you did,"

he had no idea why, but he just had to say it.

"I did not claim you and this is after work hours, Salim would not ask me money and you know it. You can ask Samira what we did if you feel that I do nothing to you."

Half out of spite and half in anger he drew his sword and slashed through the sigil on the side of the table. He sheathed his sword and gave her a cold smile,

"Now I have broken your lust spell, I did something to you."

He opened the door and left, Salim was still counting money and wordlessly shifted Deacon's share over. Deacon left a sizeable amount for Salim and left. Salim did not understand why Deacon did that every time, but more cash in his pocket did not worry him.
 
Mirri set to work again But this time it was not to win anything for anyone but to get rid of certain elements for things to go back to some level of the way things are supposed to be. Ridding Salim of Samira would force his hand to make other dancers premiere and then she could do as she has always done and win Salims favor and eyes again.

The stranger may make Salim money but he was also trouble and Mirri had to protect her home from such trouble.
 
Deacon Frost

He placed his money on the table and counted it, he had one night to go and then he would have enough to buy his passage. Not too bad for a travelling soldier slash musician. He went to bed and fell asleep. He slept uneasy, like something was to happen soon, but what it was remained cloaked in shadow. He woke up feeling gritty and tired
 
The next night went uneventful until closing time as Mirri watched various events unfold. A smirk coming over her lips as just before Salim locked the door the Amir arrived and sought out Samira... Crazed and shoving Salim back and away from him. Samira did something every uncharacteristic and began fighting like a wild woman but it was not fear guiding her steps completely it was her own fire making her act this way far and beyond its normal "level".

She fought enough that the Amir threw her aside slamming her hard to the wall as he grabbed Mirri be the throat and dragged her deep into the gathering house to much sobbing and pleading by Mirri in sheer terror.

Salim then walking over and dragging Samira with him growling about her fire having been tolerated far too long.
 
Deacon Frost

He was a bit surprised by the Amir's reaction and had a sneaking suspicion that Mirri had something to do with it, wasn't it her that the Amir chose even over Samira? But what did worry him was that Samira did fight back, the little doe had turned into a cat...he smiled and then stood up.

"Salim."

Salim stopped cold, his anger replaced with fear as he remembered the blade at his throat.

"It's closing time, I wish to purchase her services."

Deacon almost laughed when he saw the astonishment in Salim's eyes, then Salim nodded and shoved Samira in his direction.

"See if you can tame the wench, play your music mad man."

Salim stalked off and Deacon took Samira's arm firmly, she struggled, but he did not pay attention just dragged her after him. Once inside the room he closed and locked the door, then he let her go.

"I don't know what had gotten into you, a woman that told me that I do not understand how things work suddenly fights with the Amir."

He sat down on a chair that stood close to the door.
 
Once within a chambers she backed away confused and terrified. She had no idea why she had fought any of them...

No mean fight... could no stop... was not me...

It was a complete 180 once the door was closed and the grip on her arm released. She became solely terrified... even of the one who confused her. Had she remained with Salim she would have probably ended up dead or nearly dead but what would happen with them.

Mirri had dome something... she wanted to make Samira cost herself her own life or her precious beauty and everyone's favor. Mirri wanted them both gone her preference dead but the stranger doing something that would make everyone drive him from her home would be acceptable. She had wanted Samira gone but through suffering the tempers of fires she skates past with her beauty.
 
Deacon Frost

He looked directly into her eyes and noticed the confusion there, either she was very good at hiding the truth or she was really confused and terrified.

"Sit down, I'm not going to bite you."

He was suddenly tired, not the good tired of the music, but the tired of a man who had fought with himself and still had no victory. His shoulders slumped slightly as he recalled all the things he had gone through and learned...

"Mirri...she is behind this. I can feel it."

He sighed deeply,

"I can't buy your freedom and if I kill Salim all of this will become mine. I hate this system of ownership."

He shook his head,

"And with me being an outsider, I would be murdered and not be treated fairly. Your only hope will be to flee...or to have somebody buy you that likes your fire."

He rubbed his eyes,

"Gods I'm tired."
 
Back
Top