Ask me a question Game - reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but I'm a military dad. Son was in Navy, Daughter now active duty Air Force.

If you could do one thing over in life, what would it be?

I would pick one job and make a career. I have always enjoyed the jobs I have had but changed jobs for various reasons: moving, child, one company closed....

What author or actor would you like to have dinner with?

Author/ actor

Sean Connery aka Bond, James Bond & Kurt Vonnegut
So about that number you lost , threw away. Is there one? Who?

Last edited:
Sean Connery aka Bond, James Bond & Kurt Vonnegut
So about that number you lost , threw away. Is there one? Who?

Funny enough it was the night before my wedding. Hanging out in a bar. Guy came over because he thought he recognized me. Long story short he stayed with my friends and I. He asked me out for the next night but I told him I would be busy getting married. He stay with us for the evening and it was an enjoyable night. I said no for his number but I always think about the 'what if'.

Is there an item you have from childhood that you won't want to give up?

Item from childhood?

I don't know if this counts and probably only the gear heads will appreciate it but as a teenager a restored a Rover TC2000, an english sports sedan. It had a blown piston with one side eaten away from sub octane gasoline. It sits on my dresser now as a pen holder.

Have you ever gone searching for a lost/old lover just to see...?

I don't know if this counts and probably only the gear heads will appreciate it but as a teenager a restored a Rover TC2000, an english sports sedan. It had a blown piston with one side eaten away from sub octane gasoline. It sits on my dresser now as a pen holder.

Have you ever gone searching for a lost/old lover just to see...?

No.... the past is the past to me.

Have you ever met anyone from Lit in RL?

No, not yet. The LIt world is too big.
Have you/ Do you want to?

Honestly, no. Maybe that could change. But I like this place for what it gives me. And I don't like it intermingling, in any way, with my every day life. And I feel like I need this outlet to be just that -- separate. Who knows how long that will be possible, though?

QUICK! Try to make yourself cry! You have 60 seconds. Did you succeed? If not, why are you such a callous, uncaring jerk? And/or why couldn't you remember the ending to "Rudy?"

Nope. Couldn't do it. I'm too much of an optimist plus, I was brought up, big boys don't cry (product of the 60's). Unfortunately, I've also taught my sons (3) the same thing (yeah - nobody's nominating me for dad of the year).

How old is too old to sit on the living room floor, eating PB&J (Peanut Butter and Jelly) sandwiches and drinking ice cold milk with your kids and think its the greatest meal on earth?

Nope. Couldn't do it. I'm too much of an optimist plus, I was brought up, big boys don't cry (product of the 60's). Unfortunately, I've also taught my sons (3) the same thing (yeah - nobody's nominating me for dad of the year).

How old is too old to sit on the living room floor, eating PB&J (Peanut Butter and Jelly) sandwiches and drinking ice cold milk with your kids and think its the greatest meal on earth?

Ha! You're never too old for that! I love PB&J and cold milk.

What's your favorite breakfast?

Interesting ones

And yours ?

Nothing tonight beyond the usual, really. Dinner and drinks unless someone has an idea. Tomorrow, I'm filling in for someone in this charity race on the water. Another friend (who's actually done this before) is also with me. Then, a few of us are heading to Gatlinburg to see the synchronous fireflies. Sunday is mostly just Netflix and Laundry day...which sounds great. But that afternoon, I'll probably go for a short hike or go hang out at the dog park with some friends, depending how social I'm feeling.

When was the last big thing you did spontaneously?

Nothing tonight beyond the usual, really. Dinner and drinks unless someone has an idea. Tomorrow, I'm filling in for someone in this charity race on the water. Another friend (who's actually done this before) is also with me. Then, a few of us are heading to Gatlinburg to see the synchronous fireflies. Sunday is mostly just Netflix and Laundry day...which sounds great. But that afternoon, I'll probably go for a short hike or go hang out at the dog park with some friends, depending how social I'm feeling.

When was the last big thing you did spontaneously?

We went to Crater Lake last weekend.

I jumped meop and posted a question.

Would you marry a person who you loved only as a friend if it would allow that person to escape some sort of suffering?

Hmmm I don't know, social contracts are so complicated...

Oooops btw...

Have you ever split a cord of wood?

Hmmm I don't know, social contracts are so complicated...

Oooops btw...

Have you ever split a cord of wood?

not alone.. I used to carry the wood that my dad and brothers would split.

HYE collected honey from a bee hive?

Wasps a couple times 2-3...

HYE been stung multiple times by cupid at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back