girls, can you drive a stick?

Women that can drive a stick and attractive to me

I can. Prefer it really. It's not easy anymore to find cars that aren't automatic. My dad taught me on his truck and at the time it was all I could do to see out the front and reach the pedals.
 
I'm proud to say i've only owned manual transmission cars!

i similarly view someone being able to drive stick as a huge bonus.

I view someone able to drive one as a bonus as well. Nothing like having someone ask to borrow your truck and then have them say….oh but i can't drive stick…. dud
 
I didn't take driver's ed in school (parents wouldn't sign). My boyfriend (eventual husband) was a gear head who taught me to drive on his '62 Ford Galaxy that was stick-shift on the column.

When we had a Trans Am (455 HO with four-on-the-floor), he taught me to double clutch like Steve McQueen in "Bullitt". I loved showing off for guys with throttle-blipping, tire-chirpping shifts.

He taught our two daughters and son to drive manual transmissions. The girls did fine but our son blew two clutches in a Honda Accord.
 
Yup - nothing like it.

Obviously nothing wrong with an automatic either but the stick is good learning. I kind of feel the same way about new convenience features. Self parking, backup cameras and bells chirping to tell you the car is about to hit something are convenient features I suppose - but if you can't park or keep from hitting people without them you have no business being on the road.
 
And yet here in the UK, not being able to drive a manual car is considered quite odd. My ex-wife drove an automatic (because she couldn't handle manual gear changing), and as a result of a) three years not driving immediately after I passed my test (I can drive a manual), and b) only having driven an automatic for the four years after that, I have now completely forgotten how to even start a manual car. Weird.
 
I agree that's really hot. I don't know yet but I plan on learning. I think I would love it.

The only really difficult thing when you're learning is being stopped on a steep incline. You cannot let it drift backwards and don't want to ride the clutch long so it's a bit nerve wracking for learners. One thing I've never understood is why reverse is not always in the same location. It varies from car to car. Not easy to use a clutch in heels either so those have to come off while driving.
 
I thought this was going to be a euphemism.

Well, I can add that just this summer, I learned how to 'drive a stick' of that kind too.

I'm going to out my husband for posting as me earlier, although everything he said is true - I just wouldn't have used some of those terms. He liked to brag about the way I drove so I guess he still does.
 
The only really difficult thing when you're learning is being stopped on a steep incline. You cannot let it drift backwards and don't want to ride the clutch long so it's a bit nerve wracking for learners. One thing I've never understood is why reverse is not always in the same location. It varies from car to car. Not easy to use a clutch in heels either so those have to come off while driving.

Starting on incline is certainly is the toughest to learn. If you know how to drive first, you can concentrate on learning the new thing. I was behind the wheel for the first time and learning stick. Jack made sure I could start on a hill and parallel park the first day.
 
Women that can drive a stick and attractive to me

First car I learned to drive was my father's '59 Chevy with 3 on the column. Have owned/driven several cars with clutches since. Love driving a stick, but love to ride a stick a whole lot more!!!
 
Starting on incline is certainly is the toughest to learn. If you know how to drive first, you can concentrate on learning the new thing. I was behind the wheel for the first time and learning stick. Jack made sure I could start on a hill and parallel park the first day.

We don't have many actual hills here (at sea level already) but I still avoided even smaller ones if I thought I might get stopped at a light. Wow is that embarrassing to stall with someone behind ya. :D
 
Yes much prefer it to automatic. It's the preferred way to drive a car in the UK
 
Being in the fetishes and sexuality thread, I thought this might have been about something else completely. Dammit! ;)
 
I cannot.
My car has paddle shifters...and they freak me the fuck out.
 
Ooooh yea! I can work a stick. :cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My parents learned to drive in their late 40s.

The only cars available were stick shift but the first thing they had to learn was a hill start.

Why?

Because they were living on the Rock of Gibraltar. Many of the roads were steep hills.

My mother passed at her third attempt. My father took fourteen tries and passed on the last one.
 
me can, my black bf drives a truck and has let me drive his stick ,no wait , his truck lol
 
Back
Top