The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 8 gallons, to be exact. A few bottles went to friends and family. Ten bottles were fed, along with lasagna, at the famcation--my husband's family is rather large. The rest were consumed by Joey Walnuts and myself. Red wine is good for the heart, good for what ails you, and good for the soul. It was really tasty stuff.

Wow!
I almost wish I'd been downwind of some. . .

Come on HP, quite hanging around in the wall. :D

Oh yeah, and Molly, the homemade stuff is even better for your heart since it is most likely higher in fiber from the fruit, which the factory stuff filters to death.

I dunno about that. Dad's first attempts at wine-making when they moved to the Napa were . . . odd. He got better as his equipment grew more sophisticated, though, and ended up winning medals in state competitions.

I'm thinking wine doesn't travel well in a flask. Too bad, because I'm sure I could be quite happy with some while hanging out backstage. Maybe I'll just work on finishing off the random cans of beer that make their way in my direction.

I so want to be back onstage.

Either that, or have time to write....

I trust everyone is doing well?

Coming in to rest after working 8 am to 1 pm today. I am so glad I don't have to work until 12:30 PM Thursday! I can grab a siesta if I want without worrying about it affecting my sleep!

Back home, safe and sound.

Fresh clam chowder... yummy! How did the crabbing go?

The crabbing was a bit disappointing. Did I catch any crab? Yes. Were any of them keepers? No. All the crab that made it into the pot were either females or too small to be legal (Law allows males only of a certain size). I was hoping to share some Dungeness and melted butter with you, annanova ;). But it was fun to hang around the dock by the sea. Even saw a sea lion peek his head up where we were crabbing.

Last set of pics
Wish you all were here
Lots of crab, but no keepers
Naked Party tagged at Cannon Beach

Wow!
I almost wish I'd been downwind of some. . .

It was good.

Come on HP, quite hanging around in the wall. :D

Oh yeah, and Molly, the homemade stuff is even better for your heart since it is most likely higher in fiber from the fruit, which the factory stuff filters to death.

I hope so. I drank enough my heart should be perfect. :D

I dunno about that. Dad's first attempts at wine-making when they moved to the Napa were . . . odd. He got better as his equipment grew more sophisticated, though, and ended up winning medals in state competitions.
Ain't nothing sophisticated about this stuff. A couple of plastic jugs to hold the juice for fermenting, bottles, burper, and a cork squeezer. Then you sit it on a shelf for a few months and enjoy.

Back home, safe and sound.

The crabbing was a bit disappointing. Did I catch any crab? Yes. Were any of them keepers? No. All the crab that made it into the pot were either females or too small to be legal (Law allows males only of a certain size). I was hoping to share some Dungeness and melted butter with you, annanova ;). But it was fun to hang around the dock by the sea. Even saw a sea lion peek his head up where we were crabbing.

Last set of pics
Wish you all were here
Lots of crab, but no keepers
Naked Party tagged at Cannon Beach
Glad you made it home safely, even if you didn't get to bring any yummy Dungeness home, john. And yes, I would have loved sharing fresh crab and butter with you.

I'll have to look through some of my old pictures. I've spied whales a bit south of where you were.

LOVED the last picture! Of course, at the end of my last story, Anna and Brad were planning on heading there. :)

Ain't nothing sophisticated about this stuff. A couple of plastic jugs to hold the juice for fermenting, bottles, burper, and a cork squeezer. Then you sit it on a shelf for a few months and enjoy.
Home from rehearsal and finishing off a bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

All this talk about wine makes me quite thirsty, but I must resist the temptation of alcohol until I'm told I can. It's bad enough stopping the smoking, but drinking as well is getting a bit of a trial.

All this talk about wine makes me quite thirsty, but I must resist the temptation of alcohol until I'm told I can. It's bad enough stopping the smoking, but drinking as well is getting a bit of a trial.

Don't worry, I'll drink on your behalf.

How very kind of you.
I'll get Rolf to get something for you. I do hope you like a good Port (as in real Portuguese, vintage stuff.
As good as the Port sounds, I may drain a cider on your behalf tonight. :) I love when we finally open a show. Closing night on Saturday will be even better. :D

Congrats and continued good luck with stopping smoking. I never picked it up, but I understand from friends who have both tried and succeeded, it can be a real bitch to quit.

Good morning nakeds. Vacation over for me, time to go back to work *sigh*. Though its really hard to get out of this warm bed.

Good luck on the show tonight!

Last edited:
I was having that same problem this morning, john. It's never easy to get out of my cozy, warm bed in the morning....

Thanks for the well wishes on the show. While I'm looking forward to acting again, I'm glad I'm not onstage for this one.

*pops in for a bit before he heads back to game and write some more*

Hello nakeds!

As good as the Port sounds, I may drain a cider on your behalf tonight. :) I love when we finally open a show. Closing night on Saturday will be even better. :D

Congrats and continued good luck with stopping smoking. I never picked it up, but I understand from friends who have both tried and succeeded, it can be a real bitch to quit.

You are welcome to enjoy a glass or two of good cider; I have enjoyed many glasses of a wide variety of types (Sweet or Dry does it no justice even in my part of England).

To be honest, it's not a constant nagging desire to smoke, more that it has been forced upon me, rather than a conscious decision of choice. Of course, it was compounded by an oncologist who, a year later, told me that Yes, I had cancer and Yes the treatment was curative. It has been so far.

Hi topace! *waving cheerily*

You are welcome to enjoy a glass or two of good cider; I have enjoyed many glasses of a wide variety of types (Sweet or Dry does it no justice even in my part of England).

To be honest, it's not a constant nagging desire to smoke, more that it has been forced upon me, rather than a conscious decision of choice. Of course, it was compounded by an oncologist who, a year later, told me that Yes, I had cancer and Yes the treatment was curative. It has been so far.

Yeah, that would make a person quit. I'm glad to hear that the treatment for your cancer was curative. May it continue to be so.

Cider question: Why do some places insist on serving it on ice? I don't drink it quickly enough that the ice won't melt and dilute the cider, which isn't that strong a drink to begin with.

Whoo-hoo!! Opening Night was a huge success. Only a few lines were missed and I missed a big cue for one of our actors, but the audience loved it anyway. Heck, they're not supposed to notice the mistakes. :)

GrrrraaAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Rolf! I need a drink, the strongest one you have! It's so frustrating when your first day back to work after vacation is pure Hell. The fact that we were busy did not make the day go by any faster. Insider tip: when your IT department says that they have a self ticketing system for non-urgent issues, we really do prefer that you use it rather than calling us. We won't even ask you to refer to the helpful instructions for common issues that we so conveniently placed on the internal company intranet site. Of course the best part of the day is when the network goes down five minutes before we were supposed to go home. *deep breath* Ok, venting over.

Cider question: Why do some places insist on serving it on ice? I don't drink it quickly enough that the ice won't melt and dilute the cider, which isn't that strong a drink to begin with.

Hehe, that made me think of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8oibBJTEpc

Got Pandora blaring, hoping to get some major progress in my story done tonight. Though, the writers block does not help. If all else fails I can curl up with the copy of "Shogun" I picked up, since everyone keeps telling me it's a good book.

Whoo-hoo!! Opening Night was a huge success. Only a few lines were missed and I missed a big cue for one of our actors, but the audience loved it anyway. Heck, they're not supposed to notice the mistakes. :)

Congrats! Glad to hear. May I ask what performance you're putting on?
Rolf, Champagne for the lovely annanova in celebration.
:rose::rose::rose::rose:

*pops in before he has to head off to work for 5 hours*

Hello nakeds, especially Anna!

GrrrraaAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Rolf! I need a drink, the strongest one you have! It's so frustrating when your first day back to work after vacation is pure Hell. The fact that we were busy did not make the day go by any faster. Insider tip: when your IT department says that they have a self ticketing system for non-urgent issues, we really do prefer that you use it rather than calling us. We won't even ask you to refer to the helpful instructions for common issues that we so conveniently placed on the internal company intranet site. Of course the best part of the day is when the network goes down five minutes before we were supposed to go home. *deep breath* Ok, venting over.
I thank you for the champagne and wonder if I can offer a back rub after the stress of returning to the office. Hopefully today will be better.

Oh, and that's a great clip!

*pops in before he has to head off to work for 5 hours*

Hello nakeds, especially Anna!
*blushing* Now I feel special. Have a good day at work, topace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back