Ahoy, mateys! Happy Talk Like a Pirate day!

I think our ship is becalmed.

Pass the rum rations around and let's hoist the flag and hear the cabin boy play the hornpipe!

All hands on deck ye scurvy swabs! Batten down the hatches. Raise the Jolly Roger. Unfurl the mains'ls. Splice the mainbrace. Box the compass. Bring the sextant and astrolabe to the poop deck. Load the cannons. The last man in the riggin' gets a taste of me cat o' nine tails. We's off to seek a rich prize, me hearties. Man the crows nest. The first man that spots a Spanish Galleon bulgin' wit' gold gets a double share of the spoils.

<sings> Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me! :D

All hands on deck ye scurvy swabs! Batten down the hatches. Raise the Jolly Roger. Unfurl the mains'ls. Splice the mainbrace. Box the compass. Bring the sextant and astrolabe to the poop deck. Load the cannons. The last man in the riggin' gets a taste of me cat o' nine tails. We's off to seek a rich prize, me hearties. Man the crows nest. The first man that spots a Spanish Galleon bulgin' wit' gold gets a double share of the spoils.

<sings> Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me! :D

Oh, my! That Roger really is Jolly!

Nice song, Tom! :kiss:

This pirate wench is furling her sails and heading for her bunk. Sweet dreams, pirates. See you next year.

Oh, my! That Roger really is Jolly!

Nice song, Tom! :kiss:

This pirate wench is furling her sails and heading for her bunk. Sweet dreams, pirates. See you next year.

Sweet dreams of rich plunder, fair maiden. :kiss::rose:

(apologies to the ghost of Robert Newton):

Now then me lads, let's to Tortuga and spend some of our Spanish gold. For 'tiz in the Articles that we may spend some time in Harbour. So hoist the top gallants, me hearties and make safe the cannons, for we are at peace for to enjoy ourselves.

[splicing the mainbrace was not an easy thing to do and damned dangerous]

(apologies to the ghost of Robert Newton):

Now then me lads, let's to Tortuga and spend some of our Spanish gold. For 'tiz in the Articles that we may spend some time in Harbour. So hoist the top gallants, me hearties and make safe the cannons, for we are at peace for to enjoy ourselves.

[splicing the mainbrace was not an easy thing to do and damned dangerous]

Splicing the mainbrace was dangerous, true, but so was battening down the hatches. It annoyed the hell out of them and they were known to inflict a painful bite. ;)

<fires a warning shot across the bow>

Be warned, mateys. :cool:

Dust off those pirate avatars (or make a new one!) before Wednesday dawns or be hung for the scurvy son of a sea dog that ye be.

<fires a warning shot across the bow>

Be warned, mateys. :cool:

Dust off those pirate avatars (or make a new one!) before Wednesday dawns or be hung for the scurvy son of a sea dog that ye be.

Arrr, thank'ee fer th' warnin', Cap'n. Best be puttin' that mug o' grog aside an' see to th' riggin afore she luffs the main'sl. :D

Avast there!

And, no, madam, I am not suggesting that your bum looks big in those jaunty seafaring trousers.

By the powers, ye'll be in chains fast enough, me hearties.
So break out some Rum, get the fiddler going and we'll have a summit, or summat.

Avast there!

And, no, madam, I am not suggesting that your bum looks big in those jaunty seafaring trousers.

By the powers, ye'll be in chains fast enough, me hearties.
So break out some Rum, get the fiddler going and we'll have a summit, or summat.

Ahoy there, the international Pirates!

Here's wishing ye scurvy sons of sea dogs fair seas and a following wind.

Its becalmed I'll be while at the office; I'll hunt yez down when I get back.

Arrrr! :D

Hahargh! I'd best step lively or be swabbin teak past 8 bells on the quarterdeck. Might I step aboard Capt?

Ahoy there, the international Pirates!

Here's wishing ye scurvy sons of sea dogs fair seas and a following wind.

Its becalmed I'll be while at the office; I'll hunt yez down when I get back.

Arrrr! :D

I'm not sure they be the must practical seaboots ever, Cap'n Di. Arrrr!

Aye, aye Capt - I'm hearing the statement and I'm heaving on t'gallant halyard before Sam has us dis-masted! All hands on deck!

At least one scurvy scallaway showed up for work today.

Ye be pillocks, the lot of you! :p

Beggin' 'ee pardon, Capn', but I was a-dallyin' with a comely wench that I was in a grog swillin' contest with at the Cock and Pussy Tavern on South Bay Street. Got me stinkin' drunk she did, then th' shameless hussy made me drop my trousers, hoist my mains'l, then lifted her skirts and rode me like a schooner in a high sea. Took advantage of me five times she did until we were too tired to move ... and that's why I'm late.

Is it okay if she accompanies me on the next voyage? She said she'll do our laundry. :D

Beggin' 'ee pardon, Capn', but I was a-dallyin' with a comely wench that I was in a grog swillin' contest with at the Cock and Pussy Tavern on South Bay Street. Got me stinkin' drunk she did, then th' shameless hussy made me drop my trousers, hoist my mains'l, then lifted her skirts and rode me like a schooner in a high sea. Took advantage of me five times she did until we were too tired to move ... and that's why I'm late.

Is it okay if she accompanies me on the next voyage? She said she'll do our laundry. :D
Aghast Avast Ahoy - Our Capt's stowed her colours and lost her seaboots! I thought we'd use Roger the cabin boy for our scrubber!

A reminder to get your Pirate avatars out and dust 'em off for tomorrow! :D

Back