Looks like A Day Of Reckoning Coming For Some Leakers

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry
Just this morning General Kelly said these leaks bordered on and may have crossed the line into treason.

Reports: Heads Will Roll: 3 Anti-Trump Leakers Found In WH, Face Prosecution

“CBS News has confirmed from two sources that three leakers of classified information at the White House have been identified and are expected to be fired,” CBS News reported this week, adding, “Officials within the Trump White House believe leaks of Mr. Trump’s conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov are a ‘deliberate attempt’ by officials who are holdovers from President Obama’s administration and are trying to damage the Trump presidency.”

"The alleged leaks coming out of government agencies are deeply troubling. These leaks have been going on for a long time and my Administration will get to the bottom of this. The leaks of sensitive information pose a grave threat to our national security. I am asking the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies to launch a complete review of this matter, and if appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Trump wrote."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16925...tm_content=052917-news&utm_campaign=position1

If Kelly said this bordered on treason then he should be fired as well. Treason can only happen when we're at war. He should know that since he was a general.

If Kelly said this bordered on treason then he should be fired as well. Treason can only happen when we're at war. He should know that since he was a general.

"Borders on treason" is NOT "treason". Thus, Kelly's statement is true.

As for me, I'm waiting on facts and the leaker(s) arrest and prosecution. It will be fun to see if they can get an "impartial" jury.

We have soldiers being shot at, and returning fire. Combat badges are being awarded. We are at war.

We just don't bother to declare any since the last declaration in June 1942.

For your statement to be valid it would be impossible to commit treason since the Armistice was signed.

As for me, I'm waiting on facts and the leaker(s) arrest and prosecution. It will be fun to see if they can get an "impartial" jury.

His statement may be true, but it's technically not correct. The best kind of correct.

We're not at war, thus no possibility of treason.

We have soldiers being shot at, and returning fire. Combat badges are being awarded. We are at war.

We just don't bother to declare any since the last declaration in June 1942.

For your statement to be valid it would be impossible to commit treason since the Armistice was signed.
On the other hand, the authorization to use force in response to the terrorist attacks of 2001 has been asserted as legal authority for executive actions in the domestic context, the validity of which remains unresolved. The executive branch asserted that the authorization permits detention without trial of persons arrested in the United States on suspicion of Al Qaeda related terrorism, which it regarded as bolstered by the Supreme Court's Hamdi decision finding the detention of enemy combatants captured in Afghanistan to be authorized as "a fundamental incident of waging war." While there is limited authority to support military trials of enemy soldiers captured within the United States, in previous wars the Alien Enemy Act would likely have been the chief means of interning suspected enemies domestically. Under the executive branch view, the authorization to use force could be construed as broader than a declaration of war in that it is seen to authorize detention powers without any of the few rules or restrictions specified in the Alien Enemy Act, and to authorize the detention of U.S. citizens as an exception to the Non-Detention Act. Similarly, the executive branch argued that the authorization to use force must also be read to permit the conduct of certain types of electronic surveillance outside of the strictures of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, even though that act provides for only a two-week exception triggered by a declaration of war. Accordingly, it is possible that any similarly broad authorization to use force may be read to authorize any power that may properly be regarded as "a fundamental incident of waging war" under the circumstances, at least as implied exceptions to statutes that admit of statutory exception.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL31133.html

In other words, while there is strong legal basis for concluding we are "at war," we are most certainly NOT at war with Russia, and even if we were, it is not clear that in a less than officially DECLARED war, that the legal construct for prosecuting a charge of treason would be upheld.

My own opinion is that it WOULD, but I could see an attorney making a strong argument to the contrary.

His statement may be true, but it's technically not correct. The best kind of correct.

None of this takes away from the fact that he said it BORDERS on treason. Change the status of us being at war, and it WOULD BE treason. Unless/until there is a declaration of war the conduct is NOT treasonous, but DOES "border" on treason.

Thus, both true AND technically correct.

In other words, while there is strong legal basis for concluding we are "at war," we are most certainly NOT at war with Russia, and even if we were, it is not clear that in a less than officially DECLARED war, that the legal construct for prosecuting a charge of treason would be upheld.

My own opinion is that it WOULD, but I could see an attorney making a strong argument to the contrary.

It would not. The post 9/11 authorization for the use of military force is not a declaration of war. Since only Congress can declare war, and they did not, the authorization is insufficient to meet that standard. Had Congress intended to declare war, they would have done so. That they did not is revealing to the intent regardless of the end result.

Just this morning General Kelly said these leaks bordered on and may have crossed the line into treason.

Reports: Heads Will Roll: 3 Anti-Trump Leakers Found In WH, Face Prosecution

“CBS News has confirmed from two sources that three leakers of classified information at the White House have been identified and are expected to be fired,” CBS News reported this week, adding, “Officials within the Trump White House believe leaks of Mr. Trump’s conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov are a ‘deliberate attempt’ by officials who are holdovers from President Obama’s administration and are trying to damage the Trump presidency.”

"The alleged leaks coming out of government agencies are deeply troubling. These leaks have been going on for a long time and my Administration will get to the bottom of this. The leaks of sensitive information pose a grave threat to our national security. I am asking the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies to launch a complete review of this matter, and if appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Trump wrote."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16925...tm_content=052917-news&utm_campaign=position1

Wow, I am so shocked to see you post an article that blames Obama for Trump's lack of leadership. Shocked face----> :eek:

Ha. Well perhaps if Donald had his proverbial and literal shit together this wouldn't be a problem.

This administration is a cluster fuck and it's not getting better. He can be concerned about the leaks all he likes. I'm more concerned with him being such an inept idiot. Not only the content of the leaks but that there are so many of them. It's a never ending drip drip drip. And it will continue to be that way unless and until he can get his act together. Chasing leaks won't do anything.

He'd be better off getting his house in order. But instead he'll just keep bumbling around and we can all go chase the newest shiny object. Yay.

To find a treasonous traitor, look no further than 'Rump.

Ha. Well perhaps if Donald had his proverbial and literal shit together this wouldn't be a problem.

This administration is a cluster fuck and it's not getting better. He can be concerned about the leaks all he likes. I'm more concerned with him being such an inept idiot. Not only the content of the leaks but that there are so many of them. It's a never ending drip drip drip. And it will continue to be that way unless and until he can get his act together. Chasing leaks won't do anything.

He'd be better off getting his house in order. But instead he'll just keep bumbling around and we can all go chase the newest shiny object. Yay.

Okay, let me get this straight...

If someone is a clandestine operative who's mission is to sabotage, you blame the victim for the damage done by the mole.

And, of course Trump is now inept for not finding the spies which were CLEARED AND PUT IN PLACE BY HIS PREDECESSOR and/or administration officials and activated for this very purpose.

And you find this logical?

mccain-in-depends-adult-diapers1.jpg

If the reports are true I would have thought these "suspects" were Patriots.

If true, I'm sure that's how history will remember them.

Or this is all much ado about nothing to get people to stop thinking about Trump and company's relationships with the Russians, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He has been systematically firing anyone that was hired by Obama for weeks. Since the media is currently focusing on him and his staff as the "leakers", he needs to find someone else for the media's focus. I suspect that we all find out in the morning that he has signed something or planned something that most of us wouldn't like.

President Johnson offered his miscreamts new lives with FBI or IRS guidance at leper colonies.

SEC. JOHN KELLY: I don't know where the leak came from. But I will tell you this, as I always do in cases like this, I immediately called my counterpart in the UK. And after offering my condolences about the attack - and unbelievably the third time in 120 days I've done that; I've called the minister and offered my condolences. She immediately brought this topic up. And, if it came from the United States, it's totally unacceptable. And I don't know why people do these kind of things, but it's borderline, if not over the line, of treason.

CHUCK TODD: Do you plan - you call - you believe it's treason, to leak some of this stuff, you believe that's treason?

SEC. JOHN KELLY: I do believe it is
- General Kelly - Meet the Press - May 29

Okay, let me get this straight...

If someone is a clandestine operative who's mission is to sabotage, you blame the victim for the damage done by the mole.

And, of course Trump is now inept for not finding the spies which were CLEARED AND PUT IN PLACE BY HIS PREDECESSOR and/or administration officials and activated for this very purpose.

And you find this logical?

The man runs the most powerful office in the world like a 2nd rate clown show and is surprised when he gets 2nd rate clown show antics. This isn't a case of "what was she wearing". At some point, at some time, the buck is going to actually have to stop at his desk. And knowing him, when it does, he'll be on the golf course.

But of course I'm sure it's just a plot to take down Trump - not like he's not doing a good job of that on his own. :rolleyes:

We''l find out if youre right but many Americans are weary from the mediua/Democrat nonsense. And Hillary wants another prize fight for ther White House.

The man runs the most powerful office in the world like a 2nd rate clown show and is surprised when he gets 2nd rate clown show antics. This isn't a case of "what was she wearing". At some point, at some time, the buck is going to actually have to stop at his desk. And knowing him, when it does, he'll be on the golf course.

But of course I'm sure it's just a plot to take down Trump - not like he's not doing a good job of that on his own. :rolleyes:

Not everyone can have the executive experience and adroit leadership that can only come from a path of community organizer to junior Senator to leader of the free world.

We''l find out if youre right but many Americans are weary from the mediua/Democrat nonsense. And Hillary wants another prize fight for ther White House.

Just over 120 days in and the American public is punch drunk from the media circus of Donald. It took the republicans three years to get us that way regarding the media circus around Hillary. Yes Donald is definitely outperforming. :rolleyes:

Not everyone can have the executive experience and adroit leadership that can only come from a path of community organizer to junior Senator to leader of the free world.

Ahhh yes the community organizer spiel. We back in 2008? Obama has dignity and self control - things Donald has demonstrated he most definitely lacks. If Donald had exercised a little dignity and self control, we'd have an entirely different set of news regarding his presidency.

Alas he has not.

Article III Section 3 doesn't say a thing about a declaration of war being necessary in order to be "at war." If fact it strongly suggests that a state of war exists when war is made against the United States, and war is being made against the United States by the Islamic State.

The present AUMF against terrorism is sufficient authority for the CinC to place combat forces into the field to oppose this "enemy." The last administration used it to do the same, and that AUMF has not been retracted by Congress. So, that said, there is an established "enemy" making war against the United States, and therefore aiding and abetting them can definitely be construed as "treason." Democrats don't like this construction because so many of their policies could be construed as aiding and abetting the enemy. It's absurd to maintain war only exists when Congress declares it. That would mean we haven't been at war since 1945.:rolleyes:

Tff. As if the public's impatience is not entirely by design of the largely contrived media circus.

I think the entire thing benefits Trump quite a bit because it does not what he does or does not do he's never going to capture the big populated blue cities and the manufactured media firestorm just innoculates him further with his supporters.

There are plenty of newsworthy things that people could take exception to Trump in his policies that are completely lost in all of the nonsense about this made-up russian story.

I hope they keep it up. It's great misdirection and he doesn't have to provide it.

Back