Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my almost eight year streak going without a date yesterday. I had the most awkward lunch with quite possibly the single most incompatible person I have ever come into contact with. I don't think I have ever had so little in common with someone in my entire life. I doubt we will ever see each other again.

Back to searching. *sigh*

I broke my almost eight year streak going without a date yesterday. I had the most awkward lunch with quite possibly the single most incompatible person I have ever come into contact with. I don't think I have ever had so little in common with someone in my entire life. I doubt we will ever see each other again.

Oh TGP! I am so glad to catch you and send you a little *hug*. Sorry to hear the difficulties with dating are continuing.
:heart:

Been there, done that. It was hard to tell him I wasn't going to see him again because he just didn't see it that way. TGP, I believe you are going to find someone, because you want to. :rose:

Best birthday presents ever! Writer's tears whiskey and Neil Gaiman's Make Good Art speech in book form. Happy Girl. :D

In contrast, I'm thinking that watching a couple of folks boil over with attack mode curtailed might be enjoyable.

Ugh, my sister has really gone over the limit :rolleyes: The worst of it is, because she is someone who can't bear to say 'sorry, I was wrong', she will start doing ever more weird things in order to prove that she was right - oh yes she was! And she was right that time she tried to take my share of our parents' inheritance away, yes yes - she did it all for my benefit really. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For three or four years, I've had my nephew with profound special needs to stay for a week in the summer. We really love our time together, and it gives my sister and her family a break.

My niece and Piglet get on well (by which I mean they squabble dreadfully when together but are BFFs - Best Friends Forever - when they chat online). I felt bad I had never been able to have her to stay too, as my nephew's needs are too demanding for me to be able to manage her and Piglet too. So I emailed three weeks ago suggesting she could come for a few days at the start of the Christmas holiday.

I was going to just leave it when my sister and brother-in-law rudely made no reply to this generous offer, but finally I shot off a note to say that for Piglet's sake and Piglet-niece's sake perhaps they could let me know if she would like to come and stay. (And I did add that they could spare me the blah about how busy their lives are, as my time is precious too and I don't want to read it - it's just rude not to reply to people's messages, LOL.)

My brother-in-law hurriedly wrote to apologise and say he thought Piglet-niece would love it. My sister sends a lot of stuff about how my niece is going to be too tired at that time of year to travel, and nobody understand how hard her life is with my nephew - she is all alone in the world [apart from my brother-in-law who is the stay at home parent and several paid carers - and of course me - that is], what rank cruelty on my part to expect her to write a few words as to whether or not she thinks my invitation is a good idea :eek:

I mean, it's the stupidity that gets me. I am the one person who has done most for them with my nephew, consistently, ever since he was born - spending weeks up there pitching in with him. So it's so dumb of her to try this emotional blackmail out on me, it just makes it so obvious what a jerkette she is. :rolleyes:

And probably now she has painted us all into a corner and my poor niece will not get to come and stay. Oh well.

Last edited:
I watched Pirates of the Carribean again this week.

Jack Sparrow is stil funny. :)

Ugh, my sister has really gone over the limit :rolleyes:
For three or four years, I've had my nephew with profound special needs to stay for a week in the summer. We really love our time together, and it gives my sister and her family a break.

I mean, it's the stupidity that gets me.

And probably now she has painted us all into a corner and my poor niece will not get to come and stay. Oh well.

You have my Sympathy; if the Dragon can be of help ?:rose:

I watched Pirates of the Carribean again this week.
Jack Sparrow is stil funny. :)

And the lines delivered with such drollery.

Why am I dreaming of rodents? Are they hamsters or what? And why do they own their own spaces on boats? Weird.

Maybe a homemade honey bun and milk will change it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back