Pleasure in Exile {Closed}

There are certain "paths" between the realms... Osirus placed the most lethal warriors of Set to guard the paths no one leaves no one enters. Even Isis could not sway her husbands ruling on the manner. So... here I am and who knows what they have done.

She moved over to the couch and curled up at the end of the couch.

SO you mentioned curses and you have heard my tale what is yours?
 
Listening to her Dev's mind began to work, and he'd almost completely missed her question, blinking he looked to her, almost as if startled out of his thoughts, he sighed. Thinking back to the day, forever etched in his mind, of the murder he'd commited..."

"i was........young....and stupid. When i was 13 my father introduced me into our Shamanistic heritage. i was trained as a healer, and to weild the magic of the earth and commune with the spirits, and animal guides. for 13 years i'd trained. One night i went out partying, and met this girl. we stayed out later then we should have and i brought her home. I was drunk, and her father was drunk, we got into a fight......"

he looked away, a shadow passing over his features, pain, rage, anguish. his first tightened and there was a slight stirring of the air around him but it vanished as quickly as it gathered.


"i lashed out at her father intending to knock him out and end the fight before either of us got hurt........but...." he looked to the fire, his eyes gleaming as his beast peaked out. "in a fit of anger i lost control of my magic, my hands shifted to claws and the punch i aimed at the girls father ended up tearing out his throat instead"

again his voice waivered, anger clear on his face "it was then i discovered the girls mother was a witch, she knew what i was, she'd felt the magic and she used my own magic to bind me, she forced me into animal form"


His fists balled up


"She screamed at me, You killed my husband you bastard, it was your fault! You wanna be an animal, then youll stay an animal, for all time. This is the curse you will bear, I curse you boy, to never find happiness, to never know what it is like to have someone who can love you, Disaster and fear of you will forever follow you "

a growl laced his throat

"i couldnt shift back, i was terrified, i had no control over my magic, i ran home like a scared kid, but i was confronted by my father, he'd known what happened, he'd sensed the curse that had been laid apon me, he chased me from my home, from the only safety i'd ever known. I spent 2 years as a leopard, as i struggled to remaster myself, to control the beast within."


he looked to her then, his eyes a mixture between his human eyes and the coloring of the leopard's

"that was 60 years ago, and even today, its a constant struggle to control the beast within me, it lives closer to the surface then most. but ive gained much from it. increased senses, strength, reflexes, increased healing. The magic i use to control the beast heals me as well, a side effect of the curse i think, constantly rejuvenates me, i was born in 1930, and i look the same now, as i did the day i was cursed."

he stood then, and moved in front of the fireplace, hands on her mantle, he gripped it, 84 years, later, people still pull away from me, sense the darkness within me and do everything they can to avoid me when im in public, i cant even date, women are just...terrified of me.........."

he looked back to her then, his eyes back to their normal human color, a calmness once more settling over him


"until you.........anyway.........you call me to, to my beast, like a lullabye, i will admit you scare the hell out of me, because i dont understand what my beast is telling me, the need to rub against you, to .....................purr........PURR for christ sakes around you......what guy purrs over a women!! gahhh"
 
That would more than likely be the sway of Bast... More... Affectionate. You do not scare nor repulse me at all Dev. I was raised around felines of all kinds even ones extinct to this mortal realm. I learned from them and called them friends and family. The priests and priestesses often said I could sit talking to the Statues of Bast Sekmet and Konshu just as you and I talk now.

Standing she walked over to him. She held a hand up to touch his cheek if he would accept.

I can almost see... both of you in a way. IN all reality you are one of the few beings of this realm that seem normal to me... seem more like... home...

Her eyes watching his softly as she smiled a little.
 
he felt the shift in the air and looked to her as she approached him, he swallowed hard and his body twitched, the human half of him screaming to run, a grown man, and he was afraid of her, a beautiful women? 7 hells what was wrong with him, but the feelings coursing through his body, the heat of his beast pressing him, riding him hard, touch her, caress her, rub against her, mark her. a light sheen of sweat began on his forehead at the internal battle. He watched her hand, reliving the memory of the night he'd spent with the girl, so long ago now he had forgotten her name, but as she touched him, his eyes fluttered, her scent, he turned his face into the skin of her wrist, nose flaring as he took in her scent, a deep rumbling purr echoing softly passed his lips as he kissed the inside of her wrist lightly tasting her skin, briefly

I can almost see... both of you in a way. IN all reality you are one of the few beings of this realm that seem normal to me... seem more like... home...


home...........he pulled from her, quickly, terrified, the old witches words in his mind Disaster and Fear will follow you what if he hurt her? what if he lost control of his beast and something happened, what if he lost himself in the beast again, he fought so hard to make himself human again. what if.....what if......what..........if....

gods what was wrong with him, he shook "i........i cant.......i.........i don't want to hurt you...........ive.....ive kept myself from getting close to anyone, i don't trust myself around you, i could hurt you........i could loose control, i.....don't know what could happen...........gods whats wrong with me........"
 
Her eyes closed at the nuzzled kiss at her wrist. To feel that feline energy even if it did come from a human she took a deep breath biting at her lower lip briefly.

The witch of this realm scared you didn't she... her curse was only to this realm and I am not of this realm nor am I as fragile as the mortals that call it home.

Her eyes opened as he recoiled the fear within him was overpowering the air around him.

Peaceful... calm... Perhaps I can manipulate if not break her curse. DO you know if she still lives?
 
The witch of this realm scared you didn't she... her curse was only to this realm and I am not of this realm nor am I as fragile as the mortals that call it home.

his arms where curled around his waist, he eyed her, fighting his beast, his tongue teased along his lower lip, only the barest hint of his kitty cat fangs showed past his lip, he was loosing the fight, this close, having tasted her skin, he wanted her.........badly........


Peaceful... calm... Perhaps I can manipulate if not break her curse. Do you know if she still lives?

"umm......." he frowned, thinking back, "i, think i recall a story in the paper 10-...maybe 15 years ago about her passing..........i dont recall........."

he tilted his head to one side thinking
 
Then her magic should have faded... Interesting. Where was this... perhaps I can investigate more and help you... Or maybe her curse has faded but you are so used to fighting the Feline side that you don't know how to become one it it again?

She thought walking over to what seemed to be an alter or shrine.

Konshu would have been able to tell us if she had truly crossed over. Isis could tell us the lingering strength of her magic and you being of the feline Sekmet and Bast could aid me to free you I am sure.
 
"umm, i grew up about 45 miles east of here, "

he watched her, listening his brows furrowed, and again that tingling sensation of wanting to touch her hit him, he closed his eyes and swayed slightly before opening them again and returned to watching her frowning now

"ive been praying to the earth mother for decades now for guidance and help, and any god mythical or otherwise has never answered my prayers, i gave up hope of ever being normal again"
 
Perhaps Bast has answered you. Perhaps Osirus had a plan in my banishment after all.

She smiled wanting to reassure him and offer even some comfort.

Though I would like to see with my own eyes that this witch is dead or if she is just in hiding.
 
Perhaps Bast has answered you. Perhaps Osirus had a plan in my banishment after all.

he considered her words, he'd never been a worshipper, although he prayed to the spirits and the earth mother, he'd never really considered anyone else would even listen to his prayers, he idly scratched his chin


Though I would like to see with my own eyes that this witch is dead or if she is just in hiding.

he sighed "to that we do agree, perhaps if she still lives, ill kill her myself this time around........." he moved to sit on her couch and ran his hands over his face and made a frustrated sigh, then looked up to her "isnt it against the Guy code for me to be this irritated? i mean, like, im acting like a girl arent i? " his tone again had that sarcastic amused lilt to it as he too tried to brighten his mode, all else fails...sarcasm right?
 
No not at all... I can understand wanting revenge... I spent many years here wishing for revenge.

She reached a hand over to him and placing her hand on his she smiled. She could not see how anyone could be repulsed by this man... curse or not she could not see it. Smiling to him she just watched him and maintaining a very relaxed air to help soothe him as well.

Well then when should we go and perhaps I might just have to wander into feline lands there too.
 
No not at all... I can understand wanting revenge... I spent many years here wishing for revenge.

he smirked at that, making a non commital sound he sighed again and ran a hand through his hair, looking up as her hand touched his, as if the entire world was lifted from his shoulders his mood lightened, the energy of his beast swirled and rippled beneath his skin as if the cat inside arched into her hand and he flexed his hand at the weird feeling it had given him.

Well then when should we go and perhaps I might just have to wander into feline lands there too.

he pulled his cell from his pocket and looked at the time, nearly 5am already he never realized it was that late, of course once he looked at his phone he yawned.........

"i dunno about you babe, but i think sleep is in order, i never quiet realize how fast time can fly"

he sat back, sighing again he looked to her with a half smile "my father and mother have passed, they aged normally, my brother's Son owns the land i grew up on now, and he doesnt know me, but who knows what we may find"

*he took her hand in his, and lifted it to kiss her knuckles. his leopard peaking through his eyes, he purred against her skin, nuzzling at the skin before he realized what he was doing and pulled back" ummm.......yeaaa..............err..........sorry......."

he couldnt stop the blush that creeped up his neck
 
I can understand the feline side... there is no need to say you are sorry for its behavior. Feline will learn to act properly. Though yes sleep does sound like a good idea.

She turned to go to her room.

You are welcome to stay here there are pillows in the closet by the kitchen and the blanket on the back of the couch is quite comfortable.
 
Dev watched her walk down the hall to her room, his eyes falling to the sway of her ass and he mentally slapped himself, sliding off the couch he sat down in front of the fire sitting cross legged he closed his eyes. Softly he spoke, barely a whisper of prayer. letting his mind wander of the events of the night. the warmth of the fire washing over him as he meditated, praying to the spirits for guidance. after an hour he opened his eyes, listening, there was no sound. with a soft exhale Dev shifted, no magic, no spell or words, he just let his beast free, he grimaced slightly before settling in his fur. This way of shifting was more painful, but after 80 years he'd learned to manage the pain until fur flowed and he relaxed, curling up in front of the fire tail twitching.


He wanted to go to her, to pad down the hall, crawl into her bed and nuzzle her, amoung other things he sighed and laid his head on his paws, closing his eyes it wasnt long before he took was asleep
 
Walking into her room and closing the door she sighed walking slowly to stand in front of the statues of her favored deities she sighed. Sitting down cross legged she lowered her head and sank into thought prayers and meditation.

Why... Was this your doing? Have you found some way to still touch my life with a being from this realm? Why have you done this to me? Why make this place still feign resemblance to home while I am trapped in this distant realm? Or is this your doing Isis? Osirus? Have you chosen to finally show mercy to the one you used as more a pawn than a follower?

Looking to the door and then back to the statues and symbols of home.

I pray this is kindness and not some torture the one who had no way of fixing matters that were out of her control.

Standing she bowed and moved to her bed sinking into the soft pillows and blankets letting sleep take her ones more back home. She at least had her memories and dreams to keep home close to her heart.
 
He slept restlessly, images coming to him that were vague, thoughts from his beast, dreams. When Dev fully woke it took him a few minutes just laying there before he was able to orient himself fully, his senses aligning and sharpening he shook his head to clear the cobwebs he looked to the ceiling muttered words on his lips

"goddess, next time just hit me with the freight train, the pain might be less then you running it through my head"

grumbling he looked at his phone, was shortly before noon. Dev tilted his head and listened, he didnt hear movement, and the soft breathing of Lilura from the other end of the house. Getting up off the floor where he'd fallen asleep in his fur he must have shifted back while asleep which didnt happen to him often, usually he stayed in either form but he shrugged, Turning he made his way to her kitchen and snooped around her cabinents for pots and pans and what she had for food.

Settling down into his quasi-normal routine he fired up her stove and started cracking eggs, and peeling bacon into the griddle.
 
Stirring at the sound of movement in the house she walked back out into the main room then the kitchen.

Sleep well Dev?

She leaned in the doorway with a smile. She had lots of food though rarely really cooked any major meals just a salad here or chicken sandwich there.
 
his ear twitched, even above the crackle and popping of the food cooking he heard movement, that soft, feminine scent wrapped around him as the air shifted at her presence and he breathed in deep, having to close his eyes briefly yet again as his body hardened, twitched, he opened his eyes again and looked over his shoulder to her

"i dont......really....sleep.......not lately anyway.... hungry darlin?"

he grabbed two plates, splitting the eggs, bacon and a slice of french toast a piece he used his foot to nudge a chair out from under the table and laid the plate down for her

"i dont usually cook, but i thought a good hearty meal would be good this morning, something normal for the both of us huh?" he gave her a lopsided grin and nodded at the plate "your meal m'lady"

he laid his own plate down and sat opposite her seat
 
She smiled... it was growing on her that he kept calling her darlin and a actual meal would be a nice change from the norm.

Something to eat would be perfect. I can somewhat relate as it seems most of my sleep are memories of home.

She laughed...

Do people like us get "normal"? I didn't think that was possible.
 
I can somewhat relate as it seems most of my sleep are memories of home.


he made a "cant argue with that" face but he frowned slightly none the less, his thoughts drifting back to the vagueness of his dreams, like a warning something was coming, he remembered anger, fear, rage, but just couldnt see any images clearly enough, he just remembered waking up in human form when he'd gone to sleep in his fur


Do people like us get "normal"? I didn't think that was possible.

Her question roused him from his thoughts and he blinked, grabbing his fork he began to eat, "considering how i was raised, the rest of the world is less then normal, but i suppose from their point of view, if there is a "normal" *he made quote marks with his hands* "then i dont think we'd win any trophies any time soon but i dunno, reality for us and for everyone is what they make of it i think"

he grabbed a piece of bacon and munched on it, watching the beauty before him as she ate, a smile curving his lips

"well, i dunno, what do you wanna do today? i should head back to my place, i need a fresh pair of clothes, i will have to admit, it has been some time since ive spent time with a women outside of the bedroom, so im kind of at a loss as to what "normal" people do. Do you still wanna visit my old home town and snoop around today?"
 
Yes... snoop around as you put it. I am most curious if she is dead then her magic would have faded,,, yet you say it has not so... I distrust this "death"

She finished her breakfast and cleaned up before turning to him.

Lets go
 
he nodded as he listened to her, arms crossing over his chest with a sigh as it was mentioned the witch may not actually be dead he started thinking on some things and pushed himself away from the counter

"im over 80 years old, yet i dont look any more then the mid twentys i was when i was cursed and my magic went nuts. I've had to become adept at finding good marks to make me new ID's, SSID numbers........I never thought she may have faked her death to take on a new identity......"

as she cleaned up he shrugged again

"cool, we'll ditch my bike at my place, grab my truck and head......home..." he said the last with less then enthusiasm

pulling his keys from his jeans pocket he headed out to where he left his Bike and cringed at having to drive it back along the dirt path, he'd have to wax everything and wash it, looking over his shoulder he slung his leg over the bike and started it as Lilura got on. It was about 15 minutes before Dev pulled up the semi long driveway to his home, a twin story log home, his Dodge pickup parked off to the side

"welcome to my home" Dev looks over his shoulder as he shuts off the bike
 
She glanced at the house and smiled. It was lovely far more than she required but lovely. Perhaps finding a dwelling more like those of this realm and less than the sparseness of home should be her next step. Especially now that she had a... friend? in this realm.

Very lovely
 
Dev slung his front door open and unlocked it before stepping inside,

"come on in, make yourself comfortable, "

the inside of the house was decorated with hunting trophies, and paintings, posters of different animals, some oil paints, others colored sketches, lions, bears, wolves, tigers, etc. a large fire place in the main room with plush leather furniture, the place had an energy to it, a warmth to it, not surprising given the magicks he practiced, despite the stuffed hunting trophys and animals there was a feeling of life to the place. Dev made his way towards the wooden stairs "kitchens off to your right if you wanna grab a drink, soda, beer in the fridge, i can give you the official tour when we get back, im just gunna change quick"

he smiled at her before he vanished upstairs. It was only a few minutes before the soft "clack" of boots on the hardwood flooring echoed down the stairs, Dev was dressed down in black jeans, boots and a dressier collared black shirt. Grabbing his keys off the table he slung them around in his hand

"i dont really expect a warm welcome when we get to my home town, as i stated last night, after this long most of my family doesnt know im still alive and i havent really let them know im alive. but i guess we can deal?"

Dev keyed the auto starter on his keychain and there was a heavy growl then a roar as his Trucks diesel engine turned over then settled into a growling idle as he headed for his front door.
 
She moved over to the fireplace and glanced around till he returned and smiled.

If we encounter any trouble I think we can handle it.

Walking with him out to the truck brow raised at how he started it from inside but she had never really worried about mortal technology.
 
Back
Top