:) :) :) Foodies And Wannabes :) :) :)

I was thinking of making homemade tacos soon...at least the meat part, I'll buy tortillas. I need to find a recipe though, to at least start the process from.

One of my students made me a german chocolate cake in the microwave last week, that was surprisingly good. Not great mind you, but better than I expected from a microwave.

I was thinking of making homemade tacos soon...at least the meat part, I'll buy tortillas. I need to find a recipe though, to at least start the process from.

One of my students made me a german chocolate cake in the microwave last week, that was surprisingly good. Not great mind you, but better than I expected from a microwave.

You might like this recipe :)

Beef Filling
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or corn oil
1 small onion , chopped small (about 2/3 cup)
3 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
table salt
1 pound 90% lean ground beef (or leaner)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar (preferably cider vinegar)
Ground black pepper

Just sautee the onion and garlic, add the beef and spices, browning and breaking it up, add tomato sauce and cook a bit, then remaining ingredients and allow to simmer and reduce.

Last edited:

Beef Filling
3 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
table salt
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Ground black pepper

Might try that with venison. I have some ground I need to use up.

Beef Filling
1 teaspoon ground cumin
table salt
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Ground black pepper

Just sautee the onion and garlic, add the beef and spices, browning and breaking it up, add tomato sauce and cook a bit, then remaining ingredients and allow to simmer and reduce.

I was hoping for someone to post a recipe for me to try :) I think I've got it all but the coriander.

No dear, breakfast sausage, summer sausage or some other kind of sausage.

O...hahahaha :D I don't know what you would call them. He made these links sort of like brauts. (fresh sausage ? what would you call that ?)

I hunt young stuff, so it isn't usually gamey tasting or tough.

I have a hunting story :D

I once dated this guy (Tony) ... (are you reading this Tony ??? :eek:).. Anyway, he could never stay out late on the weekend (Fridays) in season. His excuse was always that he had to go duck hunting the next morning. Me, being me, didn't believe him. (I always wanted to stay out.) Well one weekend he says...tomorrow you're coming with me. So the next morning he picks me up at 2 am....we drive I don't know how long...hours.... to this swamp. Out comes the pirogue (a boat) and hip boots. Hehe...I put the boots on and waded out into the boat...off we go. I had to sit in a duck "blind" for hours - after being warned about the nutria rats ! He shot his limit (I think 5 ducks) and they were beautiful. We got to his house and I made the best duck stew I've ever made....in a brown rue gravy...tender and yummy. And I never ever complained again when I had to go home early on a Friday nite !

:D

Cannoli!!!
Yum

20110616-cannoli-toronto.jpg

That I'd be bored enough to post here, why?
As someone that makes food for a living, you people make people think we're all spastic about this stuff. >_>

That I'd be bored enough to post here, why?
As someone that makes food for a living, you people make people think we're all spastic about this stuff. >_>

I'm not sure .... was this some kind of cut Jabber ? cuz seriously, no one is forcing you to post here or anywhere.

(BTW....I also made food for a living and owned the place too. So what's your point ? (edit: what's your fucking point ? ... cuz I'm in that kind of mood.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure .... was this some kind of cut Jabber ? cuz seriously, no one is forcing you to post here or anywhere.

(BTW....I also made food for a living and owned the place too. So what's your point ? (edit: what's your fucking point ? ... cuz I'm in that kind of mood.)

No cut, just a lot of whiskey talking. I think the point is people need to stop obsessing over the kinds of food prepared as foodies seem to do and realize that it's the skill and preparation of said food that counts.

No cut, just a lot of whiskey talking. I think the point is people need to stop obsessing over the kinds of food prepared as foodies seem to do and realize that it's the skill and preparation of said food that counts.

The point to what Jabber ? This is a thread about food. Not about judging people and what they obsess about. I see you're a student.... maybe when you've completed your culinary schooling you'll realize that you can have all the skill and training in preparation you want....if you don't have a palette or a love for food it won't translate.

The point to what Jabber ? This is a thread about food. Not about judging people and what they obsess about. I see you're a student.... maybe when you've completed your culinary schooling you'll realize that you can have all the skill and training in preparation you want....if you don't have a palette or a love for food it won't translate.

Werd.
;)

Now back to the yummies for my tummy.
How was the cake?

Werd.
;)

Now back to the yummies for my tummy.
How was the cake?

Hi Mina :kiss:

It came out great (even tho I left it in 7 minutes too long !!). Your half is in the freezer....now we just have to get you down south ;) or me up north !

Back