I SO fed up!!

Reefkeeper

Virgin
I've just had an illustrated story rejected for the 4th time and I'm disgusted with having to guess every GD time what their issue is. This last time I even changed the text referring to a fictitious web URL since one of their rules refers to no embedded links.

Everyone's over eighteen, all the artwork's original and no one's screwing any barnyard animals. Why can't they just tell us what their issues are so we don't have to spend more time jumping through their hoops than we spent writing the story!

I'm thoroughly disgusted!!!!

Yes...

They are a bit protective of their traffic, aren't they? It'd be nice to share the wealth a bit...incidentally, the first time I attempted to submit an illustrated story, it was a disaster...it took forever to get Part 1 posted, one of the illustrations got totally distorted and I couldn't get anyone to respond to my messages about it...then Part 2 was taking forever, and by then, my readers were losing interest...I finally just had them take it down.

They're not ready for illustrated stories and graphic novels yet...

I didn't even know you could get illustrated stories on LIT. Surely it can't be that much more of a trial than hosting words? I wonder what the issue is?

I've just had an illustrated story rejected for the 4th time and I'm disgusted with having to guess every GD time what their issue is. This last time I even changed the text referring to a fictitious web URL since one of their rules refers to no embedded links.

Everyone's over eighteen, all the artwork's original and no one's screwing any barnyard animals. Why can't they just tell us what their issues are so we don't have to spend more time jumping through their hoops than we spent writing the story!

I'm thoroughly disgusted!!!!

What did they say the rejection was for? They do say what the rejection is for, even if the reasoning is a bit hazy. You don't say what the rejection was for this time--so not a heck of a lot anyone can say about. Not even that it wasn't justified.

It's hard to do multipart stories in general.

I'm working on a story, and the second part was rejected. Now I'm three chapters ahead of the post. I remember the reason it was rejected. "Are there any characters under 18?" I just wanted to say "nope," and send it back in.

Anyways after a lengthy explanation and a continuity timeline they accepted it basically unchanged, except that I had to say something to the effect of "she was 18" in the story, kinda awkward. But, the rules are the rules, and they err on the side of safe not sorry.

As for the illustration rejection, I think you are right, they aren't ready. It might just be a technical problem on their side, but they should say so.

They are a bit protective of their traffic, aren't they? It'd be nice to share the wealth a bit...incidentally, the first time I attempted to submit an illustrated story, it was a disaster...it took forever to get Part 1 posted, one of the illustrations got totally distorted and I couldn't get anyone to respond to my messages about it...then Part 2 was taking forever, and by then, my readers were losing interest...I finally just had them take it down.

They're not ready for illustrated stories and graphic novels yet...

Back