A q to those who know their formulas

Icingsugar

peas o kayk
I just yanked together another poem and submitted it, a rather intricate structured one (to come from for me, that is). I was just wondering, is this format new, or is there a name for it? And if not, can I call it... oh, I don't know... 'Bob'?

Here are the first four stanzas, gives you the idea. The stanzas rhymes in pairs, and evey stanza nicks the first line from the 3rd of the previous one. It was remarkably easy to write for a guy who tosses the cookies when trying a villanelle or suchlike.

Handshake, handover,
the same old agenda,
a lowride of commas
repeating in order.

A lowride of commas
with tidals of notion,
a call-response pattern
through distance and border.

A call-response pattern,
transmitter, receiver,
projector and canvas
in communication.

Projector and canvas
aligned with a signal,
a perfect clear image,
a photon vocation.

Yah, it's cryptic. But it continues...and hopfully makes sense in the end.

hmmmm. well the interlocking rubyiat pulls line 1 of the new stanza from line 3 of the previous one, but aside from that ya got me. I'm not familiar with any form that uses that rhyme scheme, not that i'm so great with trad forms. Mayhap you just made it up?

I thought it looked familiar and tried to find the form online, but didn't. It seems to be similar to several forms, but... I guess it's a Bob.

My first Bob!

it was fun, too. :D

fourscore, nevermore
another short day passes
all's right with punctuation
sentences flow pretty fly

All's right with punctuation
grammar served under glass
subject calls for predicate
clarity makes me cry

Subject calls for predicate
eventually the stanzas grow
who can really comprehend
what artists need to say

Who can really comprehend
bend trends--no matter
love every artful twist
it's a poem anyway

Last edited:
Angeline said:
hmmmm. well the interlocking rubyiat pulls line 1 of the new stanza from line 3 of the previous one, but aside from that ya got me. I'm not familiar with any form that uses that rhyme scheme, not that i'm so great with trad forms. Mayhap you just made it up?
Yeah, I did. Or rather, it just snaked up and bit me in the arse. But it seemed so - well - simple and IMO workesd so well, that I thought it must have bitten someone else before.

Until further notice, it's a Bob.

Has it come to this? Will there be Bob challenges in the future? Will one of us be known as the Master of the Bob form? Maybe there will be a Bob forum. Perhaps, a modified Bob called a Bobbet or Bobbanelle. Well, damn it! I must now write a Bob!

Has it come to this? Will there be Bob challenges in the future? Will one of us be known as the Master of the Bob form? Maybe there will be a Bob forum. Perhaps, a modified Bob called a Bobbet or Bobbanelle. Well, damn it! I must now write a Bob!

Yes! Yes! Everyone get in here and do the Bob. Not you Ice, you inventor you. Go to sleep. You're getting as bad as Lauren. :D

Currents (an interlocked Bob)

Dreams float on the river of my mind,
A vague impression of thought,
Whispered kisses alight on your lips,
As I send them with my song.

Pressed sensually to your skin,
A gentle touch that guides my hand,
As we explore the wonder that is you.

When your need supplants your thoughts,
As you hunger for more than promises,
And your body demands release.

As you hunger for more than promises,
Satisfaction will come with time,
As we take the wondrous journey.

As you hunger for more than promises.

Last edited:
I'm bumping this thread

Bump!

I've noticed bobs mentioned a couple of times with the noobs asking, "What the fuck is a bob?"

Here ya go... explanation from the inventor

champagne1982 said:
I'm bumping this thread

Bump!

I've noticed bobs mentioned a couple of times with the noobs asking, "What the fuck is a bob?"

Here ya go... explanation from the inventor
Dang You, Champ! I saw the thread title and the author, but not the date, and thought my day was made because one of my favorite pair of poets had returned after a long hiatus.

I miss Ice and Lin. I hope they are happy wherever they are. :rose:

I just yanked together another poem and submitted it, a rather intricate structured one (to come from for me, that is). I was just wondering, is this format new, or is there a name for it? And if not, can I call it... oh, I don't know... 'Bob'?

Here are the first four stanzas, gives you the idea. The stanzas rhymes in pairs, and evey stanza nicks the first line from the 3rd of the previous one. It was remarkably easy to write for a guy who tosses the cookies when trying a villanelle or suchlike.

Handshake, handover,
the same old agenda,
a lowride of commas
repeating in order.

A lowride of commas
with tidals of notion,
a call-response pattern
through distance and border.

A call-response pattern,
transmitter, receiver,
projector and canvas
in communication.

Projector and canvas
aligned with a signal,
a perfect clear image,
a photon vocation.

Yah, it's cryptic. But it continues...and hopfully makes sense in the end.
The Bob formula for anyone wishing to try it. The "rules" are bolded by me in the second paragraph of the quoted post and here they are again.

"The stanzas rhymes in pairs, and evey stanza nicks the first line from the 3rd of the previous one."

......... and so it goes bob,bob, bobbling along (my auto correct made that boggling. Which just about sums it up!!)

I find the Annikey beyond me. You could always explain those to me ... Maybe this calls for a new thread -- Boggling Forms

I find the Annikey beyond me. You could always explain those to me ... Maybe this calls for a new thread -- Boggling Forms

YOU'LL have to find the thread because I think it's even beyond me now! :) Though as I recall Remec managed to write one! Hurray for Remec :nana:
Wasn't there another one even more complicated? I can't even remember the name now!

Back