When a white man, Sr71plt calls a black woman a "black bitch" is it racist?

Why did the OP need to point out it was a 'white' man?

Of course it is, AJ the Aggrieved has shown the way.

Why did the OP need to point out it was a 'white' man?

Because, as I pointed out to smoot, black people can say that, white people cannot.

Also, this particular "white privilege" male is one of the "cry racist and unleash the dogs of war!" crowd.

Of course it is, AJ the Aggrieved has shown the way.

image.php
SSSSSSSshhhhh... be vewy vewy qwiet. Ahm makin' pewsonnaw attacks...

I never got that vibe from sr71 either. (he never came across as being racist to me). And to crucify sr71 over one dumb comment, when he doesn't make them habitually would be unfair.

But the truth is, he made in the heat of the moment a poorly thought comment that was highly offensive towards someone of colour.

So why are you guys so intransingent about LadyF for starting this thread? Regardless of your or my impresdion of her.
She was very balanced and presented just the facts, instead of slandering him with other made up things, the way other posters do.

I've seen so many vanity threads that were attacking and petty.
So why wouldn't LadyF have the same right to start a vanity thread, yet an appropriate one in which she would be allowed to vent over being insulted?

I forgot to answer the OP's question
What exactly is the "hard black bitch persona" and how do I embody it?
You present yourself has tough (hard), you present yourself as bitchy and you present yourself as black.
That's your persona here on lit.

Females and niggers are all about their excuses. The excuse takes the form of WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WITH A WOODEN CRUTCH.

I never got that vibe from sr71 either. (he never came across as being racist to me). And to crucify sr71 over one dumb comment, when he doesn't make them habitually would be unfair.

But the truth is, he made in the heat of the moment a poorly thought comment that was highly offensive towards someone of colour.

So why are you guys so intransingent about LadyF for starting this thread? Regardless of your or my impresdion of her.
She was very balanced and presented just the facts, instead of slandering him with other made up things, the way other posters do.

I've seen so many vanity threads that were attacking and petty.
So why wouldn't LadyF have the same right to start a vanity thread, yet an appropriate one in which she would be allowed to vent over being insulted?

Oh really?
-Notable racist, hater of african american women who think independently... sr71plt
That comment by her is now on every post she's ever made on lit.

Oh really?
Oops… I didn't notice the last comment.

You're right.
She should have kept it contained Just to his offenssive comment, unless she had proof that he might be that way (personally, I haven't seen other racist comments from him since I've been here).

The hypocrisy here is rich. Virtually everybody here, at least every American, absolutely has to be familiar with the "hard black bitch" stereotype, and recognizes it as being thoroughly racist.

The hypocrisy here is rich. Virtually everybody here, at least every American, absolutely has to be familiar with the "hard black bitch" stereotype, and recognizes it as being thoroughly racist.
It would be, if he had actually called her a hard black bitch.
LOL I'm always amazed at the number of people who don't get the meaning of what they read.
I guess they don't know what "persona" means.
:rolleyes:

It would be, if he had actually called her a hard black bitch. :rolleyes:

You're obviously too stupid to realize he didn't have to call her a hard black bitch to be wrong for bringing up the stereotype and attaching it to her as a persona.

I agree with your view when it comes to Disgustipated and Ulaven, who imo are clearly biased.

But what aboutaverage said made a lot of sense to me. With regards to sr71's thought process and the fact that we shouldn't generalise and demonise him and label him.
Which doesn't excuse the outcome and his remark that was highly offensive and racist, tho.

Yep, I was referring to a stereotyped PERSONA that LF is choosing to play. She's the one doing the racist bit. Tough.

Exactly what is a "hard black bitch"? How does the "black" part of that persona make it distinguishable from a hard bitch who is white? Are white women bitches too or just women of color?

Do you ever call men "bitch" or is that a slur you've reserved for women?

Which is would be more effective as an anti Trump commercial? Quoting him saying "She was a fat pig" or "She was a hard black bitch"?

So as long as you're only using a racially stereotypical trope to describe a person's persona but not the actual person it's not racist?

So maybe RacistDownSouth could clean up his act and just refer to Hashtag as "Projecting the persona of a smelly Paki."

St. Peter's seems to be the only one that caught the fact that this is also misogynistic. If he had said you project the persona of a stupid bitch no one would think that wasn't misogynistic.

People that spend a lot of time online seem to have this idea that there's some line between online and "reality." That somehow the rules of social congress are suspended in this environment. Just because you're using text not in-person speech doesn't make the words any less real. If you don't believe me text something really insulting to your short-tempered next-door neighbor and see what happens.

It was a stupid, lazy, pretty racist comment.

I am genuinely curious to know how you want people to interact with you, LadyF.

So as long as you're only using a racially stereotypical trope to describe a person's persona but not the actual person it's not racist?

So maybe RacistDownSouth could clean up his act and just refer to Hashtag as "Projecting the persona of a smelly Paki."

St. Peter's seems to be the only one that caught the fact that this is also misogynistic. If he had said you project the persona of a stupid bitch no one would think that wasn't misogynistic.

People that spend a lot of time online seem to have this idea that there's some line between online and "reality." That somehow the rules of social congress are suspended in this environment. Just because you're using text not in-person speech doesn't make the words any less real. If you don't believe me text something really insulting to your short-tempered next-door neighbor and see what happens.

You are seriously brain damaged to still insist that Rob is the idiotic Hash alts.

And Pete wasn't the only one who noticed it was misogynistic. I'm pretty sure LadyF picked up on that in the first fucking place you imbecile.

She used to be pretty darn fun to interact with. Not sure what happened.

I must not have noticed during the pretty fun era. Everyone is entitled to portray themselves how they want to here, within Laurel's rules so I get that.

If sr71 didn't know Funk was black and just said she's using the hard black bitch persona, does that make his comment any less stupid?

Back