Would this be wrong?

JuanSeiszFitzHall

yet another
I'm new here, and I want to adhere to the site's rules and also be fair to the readers. I'd like some advice on whether the following idea would not be acceptable.

I self-pubbed a series of erotic novels on a pay-to-download site. A free sample of each book is available there. I am allowed to distribute the content elsewhere. My idea is to take the free-download chapters of the first book, post them on Lit, and hope there's enough interest for readers to ask where to get the rest of the story.

I know that I can't promote the other site in a Lit story. I might not even be able to write at the end of the sample, 'Contact me for how to keep reading this.' I may have to hope that readers, on their own, will contact me. But is even that an unfair treatment of the readers? Is it generally expected that a story started here would be finished here, free to the readers?

I'm new here, and I want to adhere to the site's rules and also be fair to the readers. I'd like some advice on whether the following idea would not be acceptable.

I self-pubbed a series of erotic novels on a pay-to-download site. A free sample of each book is available there. I am allowed to distribute the content elsewhere. My idea is to take the free-download chapters of the first book, post them on Lit, and hope there's enough interest for readers to ask where to get the rest of the story.

I know that I can't promote the other site in a Lit story. I might not even be able to write at the end of the sample, 'Contact me for how to keep reading this.' I may have to hope that readers, on their own, will contact me. But is even that an unfair treatment of the readers? Is it generally expected that a story started here would be finished here, free to the readers?

There's nothing wrong with having links on your profile page to other pages that you operate, on those pages you can post information about other stories not on Lit. There's nothing wrong, I believe with encouraging readers in your profile to contact you via private message or email if they are interested in reading more of your stories . I have no idea what reader response would be but there's nothing wrong with trying.

My understanding is that Laurel expects the whole work to be made available if it's published here. I believe she has taken down teaser chapters where an author is doing what you propose. Her policy might be expressed in a FAQ somewhere, I'm not sure.

The site allows writers to promote their off-site content with links in their signature blocks and a mention in their bio, and this thread:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=569279&page=89

But that's it. You need to be published here to promote here, but I don't think teaser chapters are allowed.

but I don't think teaser chapters are allowed.

I don't think that casting them as teaser chapters that can be found in fuller version anywhere else is permitted here. I think teaser material not directly linked anywhere else and only identified when/if a reader asked the author entirely on their own, would not be ferreted out and expunged.

Back