The China Pearl Inn part 10

Just before flying home from San Diego we felt the good old earth shake. I’m told it was caused by Georgie Girl dropping her money!
 
So Georgie Girl save her money, to have a goodtime with just the right partner Robyn, or is that you gals are so sex the earth moved Miss? :p :devil:ish :D


S F yes a little one but enough to wake me, leaving me think I was in a different place at a different time. :eek:
 
I love how Californians are like eh, it was a little earth quake. Like, we get them but I can only remember 2 and they were like 1. nothing. But I'll be damned if they aren't part of local historical memory.
 
Kama Californian are a bit shaky to begin with that's why earthquakes are no big deal, until the shaking gets out of sync with them. :rolleyes:



Well Robyn speaking of earthquakes it sounds like Poldark move the earth for you. :devil:ish :D
 
Hey CG, I’m sorry I haven’t posted yet. I was occupied over the weekend, celebrating my promotion with my Sailor Boy. Then it was the Cricket World Cup, which England won. And Wimbledon and Poldark.

Today I’m being measured for my new uniform and being allocated my new quarters (sharing a house with Sal, Chloe and Georgie Girl, although with the Lionesses we’ll be constantly on the move.

Hi Kama, hi SF. The Inn seems quiet - we’ll have to throw a party once CG is restored to full health.
 
Such delightful promises Robyn. I don't want much as long as you gals are my present. :devil:ish :D

I figured you were...… Ah...….. preoccupied this weekend.:rolleyes:
 
I love how Californians are like eh, it was a little earth quake. Like, we get them but I can only remember 2 and they were like 1. nothing. But I'll be damned if they aren't part of local historical memory.

4.6 just enough to feel it, but not dangerous at all. Sorry about your rough night, hope last night was better than the night before.

Cait, hope your evening was fun.

Congratulations to the Lionesses who continue to prove that our faith in their abilities is justified. :)

Hi Kama :cattail:

Caitlin I hope that your pizza and Anime evening went well and you had a great time.

I had a rather rough night, and to top it all off we had a minor earthquake just top it off .:rolleyes:

Such delightful promises Robyn. I don't want much as long as you gals are my present. :devil:ish :D

I figured you were...… Ah...….. preoccupied this weekend.:rolleyes:

*she shimmered in quietly, sipping a glass of ice water*

Meh... a 4.6 is hardly anything. I can say that since I still consider myself a Californian. I'm working on becoming a Minnesotan but I still haven't been here long enough, I think. When you've been in earthquakes larger than 4.6, seen and felt what they can do, 4.6 is nothing. I do understand that to others who aren't use to them, where 4.6 is something.

CG, I'm sorry you had a rough time of it and don't worry about that earthquake too much. Watching Mt St. Helen would bother me a bit and thank you, pizza/anime night was great.

SF, it was a nice evening. Our Thursdays usually are.


It is so dang humid here. Not as bad as the east coast, admittedly, but bad enough. I've been under the fan all morning. So, I'm going between cleaning and reading responses. Formulating return responses will be coming forthwith. Hopefully. Tomorrow I have someplace to be. A friend is having his 41st birthday and we've been invited to attend. Anyway, everyone have a great day.
 
Morning Caitlin. I was stationed out in Seattle area when Mt. ST. Helen and basically slept through it. It did toss me out of bed but that was then. The quake disturbed my sleep more I guess it has to do with what is going on now.
 
Morning Caitlin. I was stationed out in Seattle area when Mt. ST. Helen and basically slept through it. It did toss me out of bed but that was then. The quake disturbed my sleep more I guess it has to do with what is going on now.

Aye. The situation is interesting to study. There's a volcano in my hometown of Redding, Calif. that the experts are saying may finally erupt again after so many years of lying dormant. I certainly hope not. The Ring of Fire fascinates me. Always has.
 
Caitlin I love the "Ring of Fire" of the Pacific Northwest. The woods, the mountains, and the deep ocean inlets off of Pudget sound. There is a wildness to the area once you get out of the cities.
 
CG!

Do you remember the very first trip to the moon? Can you believe it's been 50 years ago today? Where has the time flown?
 
Caitlin yes I can remember that first flight to the moon. I fear time just fly's by and life just seems to happen.;) And you young lady what do you remember?:rolleyes:
 
CG!

Do you remember the very first trip to the moon? Can you believe it's been 50 years ago today? Where has the time flown?

Isn't it crazy? I still haven't figured out how I could be old enough to remember anything that happened fifty years ago. Fifty years is LONG time!! And yet, it was just yesterday. Time is weird.
 
S F Time slips away silently, when we look in the mirror we do not see our day to day changes, and in many cases we see our selves as we did long ago.
 
S F Time slips away silently, when we look in the mirror we do not see our day to day changes, and in many cases we see our selves as we did long ago.

I am not sure I remember how I looked long ago. I was premature gray, so while I have more salt than pepper now, I feel like I have looked this way for fifty years. LOL

Wow, did I sleep! I haven't slept for five hours straight and so deeply in several years. I didn't even hear the mailman leave a package and I always hear the screen door bang. I am usually lucky to get a fitful three hours of sleep without waking up. My brain isn't sure what to do. It is torn between thinking, "So this is what good sleep feels like." and "That felt so good we should go back to sleep and do it again." :rolleyes:
 
I watched a show about the moon landings tonight - wow! How did they trust themselves to something so basic? I have so much admiration for them.
 
Robyn you should know. They did what they had to and trusted their equipment would work, and their team on earth would back them. They knew the risks just as you do. ;)
 
I watched a show about the moon landings tonight - wow! How did they trust themselves to something so basic? I have so much admiration for them.

Like you soldiers, they were crazy! Actually, they believed in their mission, trusted the training, relied on their backup and prayed. They also went into the situation knowing they might not make it back.

Personally, I am not quite sure why anyone thought it was a good idea. It wasn't like they really believed they could get a lot of cheese from it. ;)
 
We don’t consider ourselves as being either crazy or brave. We have a job to do so we get on with it. Finally Georgie Girl has got round to joining Lit but is now waiting confirmation before she can post. Now she is crazy! And very brave! She’s a nurse who will be an amazing officer.
 
Morning Robyn its good to see another of the Lionesses have joined Lit. No your are not crazy but you are brave and pleasent sexy Miss.;) :rose::kiss::rose:
 
Morning Robyn its good to see another of the Lionesses have joined Lit. No your are not crazy but you are brave and pleasent sexy Miss.;) :rose::kiss::rose:

She is still waiting clearance from the moderators, I don’t think I had to go through all that. Times have changed.
 
Robyn there is nothing so certain as change.;)
I am sure that Georgie will be approved very soon.;)
 
Back
Top