How does the illustrated section work?

secondsamuel

Bad Motherfucker
Hi all,

I've got a few artists doing work for my stories. I'd like to put their work into particular places in my stories. Do I just insert them into the text or is there a process? Also can I put a link so that people can see more of my illustrators work?

Thanks!

secondsamuel

Thanks for the advice

Though I want to ask, there seem to be some rules I can't help notice are broken. Like it has to be your work (I see lots of authors collaborate with artists) and there can't be sex. Do you have any information about that?

Though I want to ask, there seem to be some rules I can't help notice are broken. Like it has to be your work (I see lots of authors collaborate with artists) and there can't be sex. Do you have any information about that?
Collabs can be established as original work, provided you have an arrangement with your illustrator.

You'd have to trawl through a bunch of current illustrated stories to ascertain what Laurel is allowing these days - the FAQs are ancient history, often. Best to check current content, or send Laurel a PM.

From the FAQ:

"Hardcore images [i.e. sex] are allowed in drawings, paintings, 3D renderings, and other non-photographic images. "

This is a legal thing. Photos of actual humans having sex are subject to legal record-keeping requirements (must be able to prove the models were over 18) which don't apply to drawings etc. since a drawing need not be based on a RL person at all.

The FAQs are not very clear about collaboration - taken literally, they could be read to imply that collaboration isn't permitted - but in practice the site does accept collabs. I know of authors who've commissioned portraits of their characters and then posted them here, with credit to the artist, and authors who've collaborated to write a story which is then posted by one of the writers.

"Hardcore images [i.e. sex] are allowed in drawings, paintings, 3D renderings, and other non-photographic images. "

This is a legal thing. Photos of actual humans having sex are subject to legal record-keeping requirements (must be able to prove the models were over 18) which don't apply to drawings etc. since a drawing need not be based on a RL person at all.
Of course - I'd forgotten about that. Illustrations can be as hard-core as you want them to be.

Thanks for much for the help

I really appreciate it. Sometimes the forum feels a little confusing to me, so I really am grateful for the help guys!

Back