Trolling for media attention

Politico posted that Nunes was really behind the site, ************.com was taken down and now redirects to a Facebook page announcing that the site is offline due to “ heavy traffic” and an “attack” on their servers.


https://www.theroot.com/devin-nunes-had-a-fake-news-website-that-was-taken-down-1822933922

Resembling a local, conservative news site, “The California Republican” is classified on Facebook as a “media/news company” and claims to deliver “the best of US, California, and Central Valley news, sports, and analysis."


But the website is paid for by Nunes’ campaign committee, according to small print at the bottom of the site.


Paid for by the Devin Nunes Campaign Committee


Reached Saturday, Tavlian said his company registered several domains for Nunes’ campaign. But he said he did not manage “The California Republican” and was unfamiliar with it.


But Andrew Janz, Nunes’ main Democratic challenger in his reelection bid, did not hold back. Told of the website’s existence by POLITICO, he derided the publication as “typical Devin Nunes.”


https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/11/devin-nunes-alternative-news-site-402097


Nunes certainly isn’t representing his Central Valley constituents or Californians, who care much more about health care, jobs and, yes, protecting Dreamers than about the latest conspiracy theory.

Instead, he’s doing dirty work for House Republican leaders trying to protect President Donald Trump in the Russia investigation.


http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article196633904.html

Many of the posts link out to conservative sites like National Review and The Federalist, and the Facebook page for the site labels it a media/news company that is focused on "delivering the best of US, California, and Central Valley news, sports, and analysis."



Following the Politico report, the website was throwing up error messages, although an archive of it was available.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/11/politics/devin-nunes-website/index.html



Nunes has three college degrees—all in agriculture. Which obviously makes him outstanding in the field of out standing in a field, but none of which suggests he’s in any way qualified to take over the role of handling intelligence intelligently. In fact, Nunes’ tactics do resemble those of a bull—blindly charging ahead, going all in on one lie after another—and creating a lot of bullshit in the process.

Devin Nunes held two news conferences to “break the news” of the fake scandal of unmasking. Then he went to the White House to conduct a fake “briefing” for the people he’d worked with create the fake scandal. Then Nunes announced three fake investigations into the Uranium One fake scandal based on shocking new testimony that has already proven to be a fake. Then Nunes drafted a fake memo to support fake allegations against the FBI and DOJ. And now he’s started a fake news site spreading fake stories.

All of which suggests two things: First, Devin Nunes took the stories of Russia’s actions before the 2016 election as a How-To guide. And second … you really, really should think twice before eating any of Devin Nunes’ dairy products.



https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...tes-another-way-to-lie-his-own-fake-news-site
 
oooooo!

bots


Russian Networks Pushing #ReleaseTheMemo Meme

19 January 2018


Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations are pushing a conservative meme related to the investigation of Russian election interference, researchers say.

The purported Russian activity involves the hashtag #ReleaseTheMemo, a reference to a secret congressional report about President Donald Trump’s allegations that he was wiretapped by the Obama administration. A group that tracks Russian-linked social media influence campaigns says the volume of Russian-related #ReleaseTheMemo traffic represents the most coordinated such effort since their website launched in early August.

“I’ve never seen any single hashtag that has had this amount of activity behind it,” said Bret Schafer, an analyst who helps runs the Hamilton 68 dashboard , a project with the Alliance for Securing Democracy at the German Marshall Fund. It tracks about 600 accounts that it says are tied to Russian-sponsored influence and disinformation campaigns; most of those accounts were promoting the same meme Friday.

https://www.snopes.com/2018/01/19/russian-networks-pushing-releasethememo-meme/
 
yikes!


A part of a deal to return stolen American cyber-weapons, a Russian national was able to get $100,000 from the American government after a hotel room meeting in Germany. But that’s only part of the story: As the New York Times’ Matthew Rosenberg reported on Friday, the Russian also wanted to pass along compromising information about President Trump to American intelligence operatives, including what the Russian said was a video of the unproven (and yet infamous) hotel room urination incident in Moscow. The Americans resisted receiving the information, fearing both that it was fake, and that it would be used to create rifts within the American government. The whole story, and James Risen’s Intercept piece on the same subject, which landed earlier on Friday, must be read in full to be believed.

Matthew Rosenberg: It’s a really weird one, and it’s a hard one to do in 15 seconds. But let me see if I can try. The topline is that American spies went out looking for these hacking tools that the NSA had created that had been stolen. And they found a Russian who said he could sell it all, but said, “You are also going to get all the kompromat on Donald Trump. The sex tape. All of it.” The Americans were like, “Oh, God, we don’t really want that, we want those hacking tools,” so they kept negotiating.

Now look—is this stuff real? We don’t know. No sex tape ever appeared. It’s a bunch of other records that haven’t been verified.


And there was a weird tape without sex that was watched by an American businessman at the Russian embassy in Berlin.

Yeah—and who knows what that was? And my suspicion, honestly: If somebody had that tape out there, given the kind of money people like Larry Flynt are offering, never mind private buyers, they would have sold it by now. You are talking about people who could make tens of millions of dollars and these guys are just hanging out showing 15-second clips at the Russian embassy in Berlin? That seems a little …


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ussian-spy-story-explained-by-its-author.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/...st-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news


U.S. SECRETLY NEGOTIATED WITH RUSSIANS TO BUY STOLEN NSA DOCUMENTS — AND THE RUSSIANS OFFERED TRUMP-RELATED MATERIAL, TOO

February 9 2018

U.S. officials wanted to identify which NSA documents the Shadow Brokers had stolen, so they could determine how badly the agency had been damaged by the theft.


A Russian who has been acting as a go-between for other Russians with access to Russian government materials has sought payment for the materials he is offering. In an extensive interview with The Intercept in Germany, the Russian intermediary provided detailed information about the channel. When contacted by The Intercept for this story, the American intermediary declined to comment.

It is not clear whether those documents are in possession of American officials. It is also unclear whether the secret channel has helped the U.S. recover significant amounts of data from the NSA documents believed to have been stolen by the Shadow Brokers.

Russian began passing information to the American intermediary that was unrelated to the Shadow Brokers, including the names of specific individuals and corporate entities allegedly tied to Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election. The American intermediary turned the information over to U.S. intelligence for the purpose of determining the Russian’s credibility. U.S. intelligence officials continued to stress that they were only interested in recovering stolen U.S. data. Still, it was understood that if the Russian provided material related to Trump, the American intermediary would debrief U.S. officials on its content.



https://theintercept.com/2018/02/09/donald-trump-russia-election-nsa/
 
President Obama's years in office did not present drama as the main focus. The Republicans provided drama.


Emperor Carrot Head must have a new drama, every week. As if it were a long-running series, consisting of mini-series.

Does it seem as if a character is killed off and erased, every week ?

Characters do return, for short stints.


Kellyanne Conway and Anthony Scaramucci popped up like prairie dogs, to push tye drama along.

John Kelly Seems Not Long for This White House
The prognosis is...not good

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a17362502/john-kelly-rob-porter-white-house/

It's almost like electing a relentlessly petty and emotionally needy president has consequences. You can see, in a grotesque way, why Kelly clung to Porter even after what he learned about him. 17 senior officials have already left this administration, and many of the people who have skulked the halls of the White House in recent months are shall-we-say unconventional picks. Take Omarosa, for example, whom Kelly had a lot less compunction about kicking to the curb


gsgs comment-Omarosa Manigault is helping to keep the drama alive, and she is directing attention towards the White House.


gsgs comment-

Something that I had not expected to see-considering that the central drama concerns Russia-

February 8, 2018


President Donald Trump will attend the National Prayer Breakfast Thursday, a prime networking opportunity for Beltway insiders. But this year's event is also an opportunity for dozens of Russians. As many as 60 representatives from Russia's religious and political elite are expected to attend, more than three times last year's number, according to Russian officials.

The spike in the number of Russians attending the event compared to last year comes amid multiple ongoing investigations into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia as well as continued fallout from Russian interference in the 2016 election.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/politics/russia-delegation-washington-prayer-breakfast/index.html


Rob Porter and Emperor Carrot Head have had a long association


Despite his title of staff secretary, and low profile, Porter was a key gatekeeper in the West Wing and worked closely with Kelly to impose order on Trump’s White House, overseeing the flow of paperwork to Trump’s desk, traveling with the president, and helping to craft last month’s State of the Union address.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...e-two-wives/NloiHioR0akJShDV2AqD4O/story.html
 
The Nunes memo served its purpose, and Nunes proved his worth to Trump. We moved on to the Democrats effort to present the truth, with their own memo.

Nunes soldiered on, with his under-the radar website

Kevin Nunes’ Fake News Site Suggests Male Privilege Doesn’t Exist


Lowlights from its short-lived Twitter feed


"...this week, what was formerly known as @CaRepublicanCom went dark."

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ws-site-suggests-male-privilege-doesnt-exist/



John Kelly's false front peeled away, and we have all witnessed the withering image of virtue. John Kelly is occupying headlines, now that Rob Porter had his veneer removed by exposure.

John Kelly is trumpeting the song that all Trump's core supporters want to hear. A counterpoint to battle the messages of Black History month. There are plenty of headlines generated by the Trump White House loyalists. The drums for arguments against the investigation of the Russian issues have been beaten steadily.


Today's issue-

Will John Kelly will fall on his sword, to keep the charade alive?

The Democrats. are not taking the manoeuvres to keep their memo out of the public eye, lying down-

Democrats Negotiating With FBI on Memo


The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday that he is continuing to negotiate with the FBI over the release of a memo about secret surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-02-14/democrats-negotiating-with-fbi-on-memo

On with the show!

Sadly, Mike Pence and Donald Trump Jr. slobbered their toad tongues all over the Olympics.
 
Trump supporters used the Parkland FL tragedy for LAWLs

Everything is an opportunity to troll.

*sigh*

The young people were dying, when they were doing this.

FFS, I was born in 1954, and some of the "adults" are older than I am.
 
February 14, 2018

George David Banks (lobbyist from American Council for Capitol Formation) who had served since February 2017 as special assistant to the president for international energy and environmental policy, told POLITICO that he was informed by the White House counsel’s office Tuesday that his application for a permanent clearance would not be granted over his past marijuana use.



http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art..._Security_Chaos_Watch-_Third_Official_Resigns

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/324195-more-lobbyists-finding-spots-in-trump-administration
 
Orange Lump, tRump

He had a sharpened stick, with intentions to use it to on the American public , and capture their attention.

He will not be ignored! (Shades of Bunny-Killer drag queen ?)

Trump Now Claims He Never Said There Was No Meddling By Russia, But He Did

2/18/18

Trump’s assertion that he has never dismissed the idea that Russia tried to meddle in the election comes in stark contrast with previous comments he has made on the subject; which he has referred to a hoax, fake news, and a witchhunt on various occasions.


http://www.newsweek.com/russia-probe-donald-trump-robert-mueller-810299
 
"...at multiple points since then he has denied Russian meddling outright. In February 2017, he tweeted, “Russia talk is FAKE NEWS put out by the Dems, and played up by the media, in order to mask the big election defeat and the illegal leaks!” He has worked to sow doubt about it. In November 2017, he made a hair-splitting comment, saying Vladimir Putin denied interference and adding, “I believe, I really believe that when he tells me that he means it.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/trump-solipsism/553664/


The U.S. is obviously deeply divided over Russian interference, and Trump continues to play a central role in ensuring that remains the case.

-David A. Graham
staff writer
The Atlantic
 
In November 2017, he made a hair-splitting comment, saying Vladimir Putin denied interference and adding, “I believe, I really believe that when he tells me that he means it.”
The leader acts by believing the nation's enemy's spymasters rather than his own. That's not sad. That's not pathetic. That's treasonous.

"Did Russian agents, colluding with the Tromp campaign, try to throw the 2016 election?" is no longer at question. The answer is yes. The question is, did they succeed? Did the military data attacks cause Tromp's technical win? Did Putin install the Tromp regime?

If the answer is yes, what then?
 
Trump supporter, speaking to host Fred Dicker on Albany radio station WGDJ

"...interview with Rep. Claudia Tenney says
"many of these people that commit the mass murders
end up being Democrats."

“Obviously there’s a lot of politics in it,”
Tenney said in response. “It’s interesting
that so many of these people that
commit the mass murders end up
being Democrats …
but the media doesn’t talk about
that either.”

Tenney, who is running for reelection in a hotly contested congressional district in Central New York, did not provide any evidence to back up her claim.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nd-up-being-democrats/?utm_term=.a49985ca7a66

In her original comments, Tenney may have been referring to a June 2017 incident in which James Hodgkinson shot Republican congressman Steve Scalise and four others while they were practising for a congressional baseball game.."

It is possible that Tenney's remarks about Democrats were referring to James T. Hodgkinson, the gunman who was killed by authorities after he opened fired on Republican lawmakers practicing for the Congressional Baseball Game last June. Hodgkinson was later revealed to have been a volunteer on the presidential campaign for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).


http://thehill.com/homenews/house/374941-gop-lawmaker-many-mass-shooters-end-up-being-democrats

Ultimately, Bernie Sanders sided with the Democrats, but his campaign was an independent campaign that competed directly with Hillary Clinton.

gsgs comment- If I, myself, generalize and say that Republicans are at fault, it is fair to say Bernie Sanders is a Democrat.(Though, Republicans do not play fair, or offer fair points.)
/end gsgs comment

The FBI identified the gunman who opened fire this morning during a congressional congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia, as James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois. The bureau said Hodgkinson was taken to the hospital, where he died.

James T. Hodgkinson

“I know he wasn’t happy with the way things were going, the election results and stuff,” his brother, Michael Hodgkinson, told The New York Times. He said news of the shooting came “totally out of the blue.” He said his sister had spoken to Hodgkinson’s wife on Tuesday and, in the words of the newspaper, “the wife said that Mr. Hodgkinson had called home to say he was planning to come home because he missed his wife and dogs.




https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/who-is-james-t-hodgkinson/530295/

“I guess I just want to let people know that he’s not evil,” Walsh said outside Hodgkinson’s home in Belleville. “I guess he was tired of some of the politics going on. Like in this state, we have politicians collecting a check and doing absolutely nothing for us.”


https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.d3be88b55572


https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/who-is-james-t-hodgkinson/530295/



Republicans became single minded.
They gave up all of their sacred, God/god related beliefs to elect a horrible person to be their Emperor/General/ Punisher/ Robot

The election was thrown by unfair, damaging comments from Comey. The Russians fucked with everything.

Once the Republicans were elected, they did horrible things, with no fear of repercussions. They stopped talking to people from their districts. They kept citizens out of their offices. The corrupted politicians did not want feedback. They wanted to do evil stuff for pay, and they did not want taxpayers to spoil their fun. Republicans dropped all pretenses of helping their fellow citizens. They were in DC to serve A.L.E.C. or Trump, and themselves. This was their chance for a Republican take-over.

All Your Base Are Belong to Us!

A very angry and obsessed man shot Steve Scalise and seriously wounded him.

Tyson foods lobbyist Matt Mika was shot in the chest and arm. Shooter tried to hit Kelly. Zack Barth, a legislative correspondent for Texas Rep. Roger Williams, who was shot in the leg.

Capitol Police officer, special agent Crystal Griner shot in the ankle, while fighting the shooter.

Mississippi U.S. Rep. Trent Kelly was a target.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/06/14/mississippi-congressmen-shooting/395577001/
 
yikes

Sanctions against North Korea are ignored. What is it, that Emperor Carrot Head is using as a threat ?

Are the Secret Service Agents playing "keep-away," with the nuclear football ?

WTF ?

"If the sanctions don’t work we’ll have to go to Phase 2,” Trump said during an afternoon press conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. “Phase 2 may be a very rough thing. May be very, very unfortunate for the world.”


Rebecca Ballhaus

@rebeccaballhaus
Trump on North Korea: "If the sanctions don’t work we’ll have to go to Phase 2. Phase 2 maybe a very rough thing. May be very, very unfortunate for the world."
2:35 PM · Feb 23, 2018
 
"If the sanctions don’t work we’ll have to go to Phase 2,” Trump said during an afternoon press conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. “Phase 2 may be a very rough thing. May be very, very unfortunate for the world.”
As Mueller closes in, look for a desperate launch. Wag the Dog?
 
President Donald Trump is telling the nation's governors that he would have run into the deadly Florida high school shooting "even if I didn't have a weapon."

The president is again finding fault with officers who didn't stop the Florida gunman who carried out the massacre earlier this month. Trump says the deputies "weren't exactly Medal of Honor winners."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...t-eric-trump-favors-common-sense-gun-measures


yikes, Orange tRump truly is The Thing from the movie. He gloms onto anything, or anyone that has their moment in the spotlight.
 
Local political program Greater Boston brought up the idea, that Orange tRump squawked about taking guns away from the mentally unfit, before going through the due legal process of allowing the American citizen to defend themselves, and their rights-

In order to distract from Jared Kushner's exposure to the press, for ethics violations.

Nothing seemed to work out for Jared Kushner, until his dad-in-law Boss won his seat in the Oval Office. What kind of discussions did Jared Kushner have, on the White House property ?


https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...llion-in-loans-after-key-white-house-meetings


JARED KUSHNER’S FAMILY GOT HALF A BILLION IN LOANS AFTER KEY WHITE HOUSE MEETINGS


The boy prince’s lawyer insists there’s nothing to see here


"This is exactly why senior government officials, for as long back as I have any experience, don’t maintain any active outside business interests,” Don Fox, the former acting director of the Office of Government Ethics, told the Times. “The appearance of conflicts of interest is simply too great. Why does Jared have to take the meeting? Is there not somebody else who doesn’t have these financial entanglements who can brainstorm freely with these folks?” To be fair, judging by the White House’s track record, the answer may very well be “no.”


https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...llion-in-loans-after-key-white-house-meetings

Jared Kushner’s real estate company had unsuccessfully sought a critical half-billion-dollar investment from one of the richest and most influential men in the tiny nation, according to three well-placed sources with knowledge of the near transaction.

Throughout 2015 and 2016, Jared Kushner and his father, Charles, negotiated directly with a major investor in Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, known as HBJ for short, in an effort to refinance the property on Fifth Avenue, the sources said.

666 Fifth Avenue would be a half-billion-dollar loss, if Kushner could not find financing.

666Fith Avenue was a dead dog...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/03/nyregion/kushner-companies-666-fifth-avenue.html

Jared Kushner

On his 26th birthday in 2007, shortly before the first tremors of the financial crisis, Kushner made a bet that looked wild even through the rose-tinted glasses of New York developers. Kushner Companies, which Jared had helped lead since his father, Charles, was sentenced to prison in 2005 for tax evasion and other crimes, bought the 41-story, aluminum-clad office building at 666 Fifth Ave. for $1.8 billion.

41-story metaphor for the international real estate conflicts that have trailed Jared Kushner, and President Trump, to Washington. It’s a reminder that no matter how much Trump and Kushner make a show out of separating themselves from their real estate empires, the business and the fortunes of their families in New York are closely entwined with the highly scrutinized interactions of global diplomacy.


Jared Kushner divested from the building in January, but Kushner Companies is still a family business. And while the firm courts foreign banks and investors, Jared Kushner maintains a nebulous, wide-ranging role in the Oval Office. Kushner is considered a key figure in diplomatic relations with China—he orchestrated, in February, a conciliatory phone call between President Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping. (Kushner also met in December with the Sergey Gorkov, the head of a Russian state–owned bank, in a meeting that was arranged by the Russian ambassador to the United States and not disclosed on Kushner’s application for security clearance.)

666 Fifth Ave. doesn’t make money and hasn’t for at least two years. Interest rates are higher now. Banks are more conservative. More than a quarter of the office space is vacant.

uh-oh Vornado the Tornado! He now owns half of 666 Fifth Avenue.

Esquire reported this summer that Vornado CEO Steve Roth, who owns half the building, does not share the Kushners’ vision of luxury condos and believes the building is better off as office space.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a47697/jared-kushner-trump-campaign/


April 3, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/03/nyregion/kushner-companies-666-fifth-avenue.html


The revelation of the half-billion-dollar deal raises thorny and unprecedented ethical questions. If the deal is not entirely dead, that means Jared Kushner is on the one hand pushing to use the power of American diplomacy to pummel a small nation, while on the other his firm is hoping to extract an extraordinary amount of capital from there for a failing investment. If, however, the deal is entirely dead, the pummeling may be seen as intimidating to other investors on the end of a Kushner Companies pitch.
 
so,

I waited for Orange tRump to drop his other shoe-
(there is nearly always an if, and, or, but, attached.)


Republicans Have No Immediate Plans To Vote On Gun Control, After Trump Slammed Their Bill


The Senate left Thursday with no plan to move forward on any gun control measure, after President Trump said Republicans’ ideas were insufficient

But after their preferred gun control plan was rebuked by President Trump during a surprise-filled meeting the day before, senators left for the week on Thursday without doing anything.


It seems likely that Congress will not pass a bill before what is expected to be a large gun control rally in Washington on March 24.


https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...trol?bfsplash&utm_term=.eykNJKr76#****3M65aNb
 
so,

I waited for Orange tRump to drop his other shoe-
(there is nearly always an if, and, or, but, attached.)


Republicans Have No Immediate Plans To Vote On Gun Control, After Trump Slammed Their Bill


The Senate left Thursday with no plan to move forward on any gun control measure, after President Trump said Republicans’ ideas were insufficient

But after their preferred gun control plan was rebuked by President Trump during a surprise-filled meeting the day before, senators left for the week on Thursday without doing anything.


It seems likely that Congress will not pass a bill before what is expected to be a large gun control rally in Washington on March 24.


https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...trol?bfsplash&utm_term=.eykNJKr76#****3M65aNb

Nothing new here. They have repeated the "Oh my we must do something" and then do nothing pattern for decades. This was expected. Had they actually done something, it would have caused shock waves around the country.
 
"This snowball proves that Global Warming is a hoax."

-Senator Jim Inhofe (He is actually afraid of Global Climate change. He is hiding from deadly tornadoes.)

"These helium-filled balloons disprove gravity."

-Donald J. Trump (He is actually afraid of gravity. He will not climb stairs, and prefers to drive his golf cart, everywhere.)
 
Back
Top