Your favorite and least favorite lit story this year

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Posts
41,773
I am ripping off Carlie Plum with their best and worst novel thread, but thought it would be fun to do this.

Now people get sensitive so no one has to name a worst if they don't want to. Or if you do want to mention something you were disappointed in you can just mention your gripe without mentioning the story/author by name.

For my favorite it's not easy. I don't read as many as I used to and read a lot of foot fetish stuff.

I will give a shout out to "Pedicure with a new Girl" by Daniellemoore. It came out in 2011, but I did read it this year and it was one of my favs.

For this year I have to say it was fantastic to see Stevieraygovan return four years later and add a chapter to Everyone loves my ass. Didn't miss a beat in their absence and before any starts with bitching about authors "making people wait" that author was quite ill for a long time.

I think my second favorite was My old babysitter by Alwayswantedtoo. It was pretty good, but I really got a kick out of him leaving the mother/son comfort zone.

The third I would mention would be Pennlady's Lessons Learned. Pretty hot one, right there.

Worst? Won't say the name, but just refer to it as the series that when I look at it I say "that thing is not dead yet?" three years after it started there is one chapter every six months and its gone from a promising storyline with good character development to just introducing more and more people and incessant fucking. The author obviously cannot let it go and it has declined badly.
 
I don't want to go into which was the worst, but the best was The Preacher Man by hammingbyrd7. It's been on Lit since '07, but I only became aware of it after it recently popped into the Sci-Fi Hall Of Fame. I'll be honest, reading 46 Lit pages at one go isn't easy, but this story is definitely worth it.

Second place... hmm. This one is a bit of a weird one. angiquesophie is known for her unique style of psycho-drama in erotica. Her stories have a very film noir feel to them, laced with a female transgressive element which ends up fucking with your head in very unpleasant ways. This year, she released The Quality Of Her Tears, which, I believe, epitomizes her unique brand of storytelling. If you're looking for something different to read, she's definitely it.

Third place goes to... I'll put a series here. A Stringed Instrument, by Bramblethorn. It was nice to read a lesbian story that didn't go slurp-slurp-fuck-fuck from page 1 to the end. Interspersed between the love is the realistic grinds of the lover's lives.
 
In no order:

- I really loved WifeWatchman's "Todd & Melinda" series, 1-5.

http://www.literotica.com/s/todd-and-melina-ch-01

It came out in 2004, but I discovered it when the author put out new stories. The series is packed with a little bit of everything, and the scope of the story is huge. That's what I love about it. It's written like a movie and you have all different sorts of sex scenarios. The story is also fascinating since its written like a mystery in some parts.

I look forward to reading the rest of the author's stuff which feature more crime storylines.


- I also love soflrbbwlvr's Deep Undercover, 1-3

http://www.literotica.com/s/deep-undercover-ch-01

It came out this year, and it's about an undercover agent whos mission goes wrong. It's packed with sex, and its loaded with crime. It has a lot of hot sex and the ending is exciting. I love stories that are movie-like.
 
Best: "The Accidental Nudist Cabin"
Worst: I won't embarrass the author but it was real garbage.
Perhaps it should have been titled "flight of wild imagination".
 
Poking head in. And ducking out before the bloodbath begins. Bawk! Bawk! ;-)
 
I try very hard NOT to remember all of the (legion) of contenders for worst. Bad plots, bad grammar, stupid characters, awkward dialogue... <shudder> I'd rather just pretend it all away.

For best story, though, I have to commend TxTallTales for "That Old House." I know it's partly because I have a wistful relationship with a "that house" of my own, but his excellent storytelling adds to it in immensely. I'm very grateful for his story because it gave me so many smiles and chuckles.
 
Back
Top