What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother and his family being up here for the holidays and the death grip my niece gave me when she found out I brought them mcdonalds. :D

It wasn't much as we were closing so I didn't have a lot left, but it was well apreciated by them I could tell. :)

How my high school buddies on Facebook all seem to think I was then and am now a very sweet girl.

If they only knew!

that is what my mother said. ok fine, of my undergrad career.

and im not actually done with college, just classes, as i still have a semester of student teaching.

Congrats. good for you... You aren't mad to be a teacher. Alot of my friends do it. But it isn't for me. :)

Getting my stitches out and starting to recover...

and MY daughter... she is a precious jewel..

Jamming a very bouncy Basset Hound pup into his new sweater and then watching him play like a crazed nut in about 12" of freshly accumulated snow.
My neighbors. They loaned me - on a semi-permanent basis - a Homedics Therapist Select™ Shiatsu Massaging Cushion with Heat .
How do you like it? I own one of those. Absolutely LOVE mine.
Got it as a gift (Staples $99, but it's on sale for about $15 less at Walmart right now) about 6 months ago. I use it every night while in bed watching TV. It makes me sleep like a log. So relaxing. I love the heat feature, especially right after a hot shower or a soak in our hot tub. It's the best gift I ever got so far in my entire life (right up there with the new 1974 MG Midget I just got last week --whoo hoo-- early gift ;) )

Last edited:
Jamming a very bouncy Basset Hound pup into his new sweater and then watching him play like a crazed nut in about 12" of freshly accumulated snow.
How do you like it? I own one of those. Absolutely LOVE mine.
Got it as a gift (Staples $99, but it's on sale for about $15 less at Walmart right now) about 6 months ago. I use it every night while in bed watching TV. It makes me sleep like a log. So relaxing. I love the heat feature, especially right after a hot shower or a soak in our hot tub. It's the best gift I ever got so far in my entire life (right up there with the new 1974 MG Midget I just got last week --whoo hoo-- early gift ;) )

windflower do you have a pic of your puppy.. I LOVE bassetts!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My sweet boys, who are making my healing and recovery all much easier to accept and achieve.

3123442136_20ff73338f.jpg

Hogosha and shishi

3122616193_847a9491e8.jpg

GiGi and iansha (Kaye)

Next thing that made me smile today was due to the gratitude I felt toward a very thoughtful neighbor's son who shoveled my entire driveway and both walks.

Here you go SubKekiLee.
snowbaby.jpg

windflower do you have a pic of your puppy.. I LOVE bassetts!!!!!!!

This made me smile today:

Look carefully at this picture, what do you see?

After you make your decision, scroll down for an explanation.

dolphins.jpg

You saw a couple in an intimate love position, right?
Interestingly, research has shown that young children cannot identify the intimate couple because they do not have prior memory associated with such a scenario.

What they will see, however, is nine (small & black) dolphins in the picture!

So, I guess we've already proven you're not a young innocent child. Now, if it's hard for you to find the dolphins within 6 seconds, your mind is SO corrupted that you probably need help!

OK, here's help: look at the space between her right arm and her head, the tail is on her neck, follow it up. Look at her left hip, follow the shaded part down, it's another one, and on his shoulder..

Next thing that made me smile today was due to the gratitude I felt toward a very thoughtful neighbor's son who shoveled my entire driveway and both walks.

Here you go SubKekiLee.
snowbaby.jpg

OMG can I have your baby.. JK I know I cant but I want a new one I will get one soon. ;) well if Sir lets me.. hahah

Here you go SubKekiLee.
snowbaby.jpg

Awwwwwww!!!!!! How cute!

dolphins.jpg

Interestingly, research has shown that young children cannot identify the intimate couple because they do not have prior memory associated with such a scenario.

So, I guess we've already proven you're not a young innocent child. Now, if it's hard for you to find the dolphins within 6 seconds, your mind is SO corrupted that you probably need help!

OK, here's help: look at the space between her right arm and her head, the tail is on her neck, follow it up. Look at her left hip, follow the shaded part down, it's another one, and on his shoulder..

Yeah, I've seen that one before.

Oddly enough, I saw the position AND the dolphins. :confused:

It wasn't today, but yesterday.

Anyway, K's triglycerides were in the thousands (for the uniformed the hundreds are high). Or they were. So we've had some diet changes. Some were more obvious (cutting out fried foods) and some were gradual like I've started refusing to buy processed flower and/or sugar. (I did those one at a time over a course of months, so as not to send his body into shock. :rolleyes: ) That, plus medication, has dropped him to a normal type of high. Now, he just needs to stop smoking.

Anyway, the other night I'd been bargain hunting for the kids Christmas presents all day, and forgot to pull out meat to thaw. I called K, asked him to pull out the meat, he said 'why don't you just stop and pick something up.'

I said 'sure, what?'

'Popeye's?' (A Popeye's just recently opened and he's been coveting.)

I was like 'sure, we could stand a treat.' Picked it up, everyone ate. I asked him afterward 'was that a nice treat?'

He grimaced and said 'it was kind of greasy'.

LOL He's getting used to eating right! :nana:

Late last night an unexpected additional phone call...

This Morning watching my child sleep so peacefully

Last edited:
Playing cards (and kicking ass at it. :D ) with my brother, sister in law, and mom. Was so much fun, but my bother isn't used to the fact that the three girls have always shared girl talk that he would rather not know about. *giggles*

then my 8 year old nephew started telling dirty jokes. *giggles*

then my bother started getting mental images of my mom! :eek:*giggles*

my tummy still hurts from all of the laughing. It's so good to have him home, I just wish he wasn't stationed in Kansas. :(

dolphins.jpg

this was an interesting pic and at first i too saw the couple and couldn't figure out what exactly the other shapes were supposed to be. i saw them clearly after i read the explanation. i was rather curious in regards to the child statement and brought up the image and asked my 7 and 5 year old what they saw and neither saw the dolphins. my oldest a boy saw two ppl together doing something but couldn't say what and my daughter just said she didn't know what it was. i pointed out a dolphin and asked her what it was and she identified it. i asked her if there were any more and she said no. {shrugs} just thought i'd share.

Going to the BBB, getting bought lots of presents for being a good girl, getting my first collar, Sir liking my xmas present, my xmas present from Sir and THEN doing really well in the bit of training we did while there!

It's just been a smiley day really! :D

- thinking about a phone conversation yesterday:rose:

- that this time next week I could possibly still be asleep in bed...

- "If I was as worried as you, I'd never fart for fear of shitting my pants." Gene Hunt, that man just makes me laugh out loud.:D

An email I got in response to one I sent him, cheesy though it may be. He is very much not prone to saying such things, which made it so much sweeter.

Your servitude makes me very happy. Men usually can only dream of such devotion. Sleep well, my pet.

Dear God, I love this man. :cathappy:

- thinking about falling flat on my face in a store yesterday...it's funny now in a omg how embarassing type of way:eek:

- Him:rose: because lately He always make me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back