The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'm drinking is vanilla Coke. Too early for me for a cocktail. I might lose my balance and fall in the hot tub with Steve. That would be . . . awkward, I'm sure.

Hey guys! Drinks all round, I think.

Steve, you are so mean. Couldn't you even have saved a little chip? What a pity you're not wearing that gorgeous leather jacket in here. Never mind, come out of the tub now and have a drink.

:rose:

You promised you'd never mention my "little chip" again... I can't get out now, everyone will stare.

Fill the tub with Merlot, I'll drink my way out... :D

You promised you'd never mention my "little chip" again... I can't get out now, everyone will stare.

Fill the tub with Merlot, I'll drink my way out... :D

Last time I heard a joke like that it ended with the statement;" took him 4 hours to die. It would have been sooner but he had to get out to go to the loo".
:)

Hey guys! Drinks all round, I think.

Steve, you are so mean. Couldn't you even have saved a little chip? What a pity you're not wearing that gorgeous leather jacket in here. Never mind, come out of the tub now and have a drink.

:rose:
Naoko, what could you possibly have against drinking in the hot tub? *slips in to the relaxing water* Rolf, fix me up with something hard... sti... wow, drink orders are pretty dang euphemistic, no? ;)

Or the WIDE sargasso sea? :p

Couldn't resist. Okay, I need to go do yard work now. What fun.
Yard work? I'm jealous. I just finished painting the trim on two windows. I have a third to do, but I'm not about to attempt it without proper painter's tape.

In other news... look at that post count! I'll be able to change my title soon and heck, I might even toss an avatar into the mix!

Naoko, what could you possibly have against drinking in the hot tub? *slips in to the relaxing water* Rolf, fix me up with something hard... sti... wow, drink orders are pretty dang euphemistic, no? ;)

Yard work? I'm jealous. I just finished painting the trim on two windows. I have a third to do, but I'm not about to attempt it without proper painter's tape.

In other news... look at that post count! I'll be able to change my title soon and heck, I might even toss an avatar into the mix!

what a nice thought

Naoko; there's a
Centurion outside looking for you. Says his name is Dubius Status and he's a pal of Nefarius Purpuss.

Last edited:
There are days when my ignorance defies definition.
Thank you.

No probs. Never read it, but it used to be a set text for English A level, I think. I've sold a lot of them, over the years, fer sure...

<scooches up>

what a nice thought

Naoko; there's a
Centurion outside looking for you. Says his name is Dubius Status and he's a pal of Nefarius Purpuss.

He's not married to an Incontinentia Buttox, is he...? :D

Hi there, Steve. :)

Mmm, two beers with dinner and now a countdown of the 60 best guitar solos in rock history. Hmm, according to the radio station's listeners? I don't know. All I can say is that Jimmy Page better have a few songs in the top ten.

what a nice thought

Naoko; there's a

Oh no, it's one of my ex-boyfriends from college! Give me a pair of sunglasses, if he recognises me he'll probably try to drool all over me and that's bad enough with clothes on.

Anna, I only warned people against the tub because it had no water in it! and now Steve seems to be filling it with all sorts of interesting things.

I think I better quietly put John's Keurig on. This hot tub - courtesy of Spike - is leading to all sorts of shenanigans, LOL. I expect there'll be a few of you stumbling in shortly attempting to wrest my sunglasses from me.

[B said:
Slyc_Willie[/B] Grr . . . it's been a month since I quit smoking and I'm still getting the occasional craving. Where's the rest of that nicotine gum?

Keep going! It's been twenty-five years since I gave up now, and I don't miss it at all. Horrible smell and breath. I used to fantasize about sitting in a lovely cafe with my cafe-au-lait and an elegant cigarette, reading the paper. After I gave up, I was sitting in a cafe one early morning in a harbour on a Greek island, waiting for my coffee and a yoghurt with honey and walnuts. Two people staggered up to a table. Barely stuttering out their order, they lit up frantically and started dragging on their first one of the day. They had obviously been desperate to get that coffee to go with it so the cigarettes didn't blow them away. They sat hunched over their nicotine fix while I surveyed the early morning sunlight coming up over the sparkling blue sea (it wasn't wine dark that day!) and enjoying my breakfast.

Last edited:
Di, Anna! I posted a piccie of the Italian rugby players in the rugby thread for you. ;) I know you are both good sporting supporters and will be willing to appreciate the finer ... points of the Azurri.

Human trampoline?

Unrelated:

Grr . . . it's been a month since I quit smoking and I'm still getting the occasional craving. Where's the rest of that nicotine gum?

Three years and I sometimes feel the same way.
Of course, being ill during that three years has helped. . .

Keep going! It's been twenty-five years since I gave up now, and I don't miss it at all. Horrible smell and breath. I used to fantasize about sitting in a lovely cafe with my cafe-au-lait and an elegant cigarette, reading the paper. After I gave up, I was sitting in a cafe one early morning in a harbour on a Greek island, waiting for my coffee and a yoghurt with honey and walnuts. Two people staggered up to a table. Barely stuttering out their order, they lit up frantically and started dragging on their first one of the day. They had obviously been desperate to get that coffee to go with it so the cigarettes didn't blow them away. They sat hunched over their nicotine fix while I surveyed the early morning sunlight coming up over the sparkling blue sea (it wasn't wine dark that day!) and enjoying my breakfast.

Here's the thing with smoking: it only smells and tastes bad when you're around people who don't smoke. Cigarettes became ingrained with 19th and 20th century society to such an extent that it was assumed everyone smoked; it was social, casual, even a mark of distinction depending on how you looked at it. And even with the campaigns against smoking which began in the 1950s, the "cool factor" has not abated.

The aroma of tobacco, whether fresh or spent, has long been associated with sensuality. Maybe it harkens back to the idea of forbidden pleasure; I don't know. But watch any film noir, read anything by Raymond Chandler or Dashiell Hammet, and you'll see that smoking is a central theme. Watch an old episode of the Twilight Zone. Rod Serling has a cigarette in hand nearly every time he introduces a story.

The act and idea of smoking cigarettes, despite the now (and recently) popular attitude against it, continues to provoke ideas of sensuality. A sexy woman sitting at a table in some shadowed pub is made even more so if she lights up a cigarette. The 'bad boy' on a motorcycle is made even more renegade if he flicks his bic and sucks in some nicotine.

It's not just the addiction to nicotine smokers prevail against; it's the attitude espoused by the simple act of tucking a smoke between your lips and lighting up. There's an entire set of social tropes that fall in with smoking which many smokers find entirely too compelling. It's a blend of I'm sexy, don't fuck with me, and I'll do what I want thinking.

Anyway . . . .

I guess I'll just chew some gum.

Here's the thing with smoking: it only smells and tastes bad when you're around people who don't smoke. Cigarettes became ingrained with 19th and 20th century society to such an extent that it was assumed everyone smoked; it was social, casual, even a mark of distinction depending on how you looked at it. And even with the campaigns against smoking which began in the 1950s, the "cool factor" has not abated.

The aroma of tobacco, whether fresh or spent, has long been associated with sensuality. Maybe it harkens back to the idea of forbidden pleasure; I don't know. But watch any film noir, read anything by Raymond Chandler or Dashiell Hammet, and you'll see that smoking is a central theme. Watch an old episode of the Twilight Zone. Rod Serling has a cigarette in hand nearly every time he introduces a story.

The act and idea of smoking cigarettes, despite the now (and recently) popular attitude against it, continues to provoke ideas of sensuality. A sexy woman sitting at a table in some shadowed pub is made even more so if she lights up a cigarette. The 'bad boy' on a motorcycle is made even more renegade if he flicks his bic and sucks in some nicotine.

It's not just the addiction to nicotine smokers prevail against; it's the attitude espoused by the simple act of tucking a smoke between your lips and lighting up. There's an entire set of social tropes that fall in with smoking which many smokers find entirely too compelling. It's a blend of I'm sexy, don't fuck with me, and I'll do what I want thinking.

Anyway . . . .

I guess I'll just chew some gum.

LOL, I know. But what cracked it for me was when I realised that was all just fantasy. The truth was that it was an addiction, I got up and lit up a cigarette not feeling sexy and don't fuck with me, but Get out the fucking way, where is my cigarette?!!!. Whereas nowadays I wake up and look at the morning light and feel like, mmmm, I will go on AH and have a little flirt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back