Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I doubt you can. I need a word with your deputy.
I have a young lady here who accuses him of sundry crimes against her person . ."

Well, if you insist. But I must warn you in advance that the deputy always has more alibis ready at hand than a US Congressman.

You must have a long memory. We in the UK have been electing political jokes since Magna Carta.

John was a tyrant. John was a tartar.
John put his name to the great big charter.
Every baron from Thames to Tweed
Followed the road to Runnymede.

John was a tyrant. John was a tartar.
John put his name to the great big charter.
Every baron from Thames to Tweed
Followed the road to Runnymede.

Runnymede ... how about a drop of amber nectar? :kiss:

51H6RJZALLL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

'Lo Sugar :)

~
"have you seen the little piggies
digging in the dirt "

George Harrison

The very first thing I sold on eBay was a mint first edition of George Harrison's biography, "I, Me, Mine." It had been collecting dust in my antique store at a price of $35.00 so the day after he died I put it on the site and it ended up bringing almost $200. Really surprised me but that was the way eBay was back in the good old crazy days.

The very first thing I sold on eBay was a mint first edition of George Harrison's biography, "I, Me, Mine." It had been collecting dust in my antique store at a price of $35.00 so the day after he died I put it on the site and it ended up bringing almost $200. Really surprised me but that was the way eBay was back in the good old crazy days.

Nice one !

I had a number of "nice ones" happen while I was actively selling on eBay. Unfortunately, a prediction I made in 2004 that the site was headed for being little more than an online Walmart, came true. :(

The race to the bottom :)

Last edited:
That was always a fun show to watch even if it did have some of the worst special effects of all time.

Basehart, you fall on top of the control panel and Hedison, you run across the room and fall down. Everybody else just slam into each other.

It got bad enough , when shown over here, that as soon as that theme started, it was time to switch off and go get my tea.

PS. Did anyone else notice a certain similarity between this and Star Trek ?
(or, for that matter 'Waggon Train')

Last edited:
It got bad enough , when shown over here, that as soon as that theme started, it was time to switch off and go get my tea.

PS. Did anyone else notice a certain similarity between this and Star Trek ?
(or, for that matter 'Waggon Train')

Yeah, the original Star Trek had more than its share of "carnival ride" scenes where the entire crew ran back and forth falling all over each other. Kirk always held tight to his command chair but shook and trembled like he was being electrocuted.

I believe it was Wagon Train that had the best blooper though. In one scene they didn't bother reshooting, the camera pulled way back for a long distance view of the wagon train rolling across the desert...and managed to catch a passenger jet flying above it! OOPS! :D

Yeah, the original Star Trek had more than its share of "carnival ride" scenes where the entire crew ran back and forth falling all over each other. Kirk always held tight to his command chair but shook and trembled like he was being electrocuted.

I believe it was Wagon Train that had the best blooper though. In one scene they didn't bother reshooting, the camera pulled way back for a long distance view of the wagon train rolling across the desert...and managed to catch a passenger jet flying above it! OOPS! :D

When I was in the mob, I recall the joke about some of those blooped films:
"Hey Mac, the romans are comin' allready "
or a Roman legionary wearing a watch.
:)

When I was in the mob, I recall the joke about some of those blooped films:
"Hey Mac, the romans are comin' allready "
or a Roman legionary wearing a watch.
:)

Does make you scratch your head, kind of like the more than obvious tire tracks from the camera trucks in the chariot race scenes of Ben Hur. :rolleyes:

Does make you scratch your head, kind of like the more than obvious tire tracks from the camera trucks in the chariot race scenes of Ben Hur. :rolleyes:

Well, I didn't see them on You tube.
The story is told of Chck Heston going out to practice his charriot ride. He took his team out for many hours of practice, until the chief horseman said to him "The race has been fixed; you're going to win"

Well, I didn't see them on You tube.
The story is told of Chck Heston going out to practice his charriot ride. He took his team out for many hours of practice, until the chief horseman said to him "The race has been fixed; you're going to win"

Interestingly, it doesn't always turn out that way.

One of the first film scripts that I worked on developed, step by step, to what seemed like an inevitable conclusion. But, a few days before filming concluded, the director suddenly had other ideas. The hero lost. :eek: Maybe he was right. The film became a cult classic in some markets.

Interestingly, it doesn't always turn out that way.

One of the first film scripts that I worked on developed, step by step, to what seemed like an inevitable conclusion. But, a few days before filming concluded, the director suddenly had other ideas. The hero lost. :eek: Maybe he was right. The film became a cult classic in some markets.

Interesting;
We got wearmer weather; it's rising to +7C at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back