January 2016 Challenge: See, Say, Read, Write

I hope to get caught up on listening on Monday morning. Last I heard was Tzara's take on Gollum. What a brave soul. Not just for that, but for wading through ALL of the entries I sent him.

Butters and Legs mentioned me having range.

I think of it more as schizophrenia.

Butts and Legs

*snickers *

GM, I'm enjoying your readings, and that last Phytophthora infestans in Willy's in the Sixth Grade Confused was downright sexy.

Remec, I really like your "exactly so" in the "One Love" read. It was, well, exactly so. :) Such a sweet poem, too, so well done to the author.

Angeline, you got a wistful sigh from me for your reading of those lovely, sensual memory poems.

Sinseria, that was a nice take on the Untitled poem at #5.

Thank you :) heh was all the poem!

Thank you, Tzara, for doing this challenge. It's been fun and interesting, and I've gotten so much out of it. More than I can even begin to explain.

I also need to thank Trix, Angeline, and Honey for adding their voices to Below the Scarred Surface. It meant a lot to me that they wanted to join me on that piece.

GM, you are correct, BTTS was written for Tod. Thank you for your compliments on the poem.

Next, I need to thank Des for agreeing to read Temporal Embrace for me. It was an honor to have such a wonderful reading of my words.

Also, a huge thank you to gypsyTX for asking to read that piece. I was so flattered, and you did a beautiful job with it. Makes it more fun that we just happen to know each other. :)

Last, but not least, thank you to the poets whose pieces I had the opportunity to read. I enjoyed doing those a lot.

#45 -- I just got around to reading and listening. We are seeing new facets to Mags over the past week, and the match-up to HA's voice was fortuitous. As I found myself liking the poem more and more, I prayed silently to myself, "Please don't let Eowyn be character from Lord of the Rings!" Alas, in vain. But no matter. Nice work, Mags and Hon.

I thought #35 recited by Mer was very poignant. With very economical language, the poet describes so well one of the aspects of Alzheimer's disease. Having noticeable short term memory problems, many desperately try to hold on to pleasant memories of long ago. My wife and I are observing that in my 93 year old mother-in-law who lives next door. Fortunately, she's incapable of wandering off.

I also think Mer wrote the poem.

I couldn't say before but thank you :rose:

#45 -- I just got around to reading and listening. We are seeing new facets to Mags over the past week, and the match-up to HA's voice was fortuitous. As I found myself liking the poem more and more, I prayed silently to myself, "Please don't let Eowyn be character from Lord of the Rings!" Alas, in vain. But no matter. Nice work, Mags and Hon.

Hah! New facets to you and everyone else, old for me. I wrote that one a decade ago.

Only one of my entries was fresh, inspired by your recital limitations.

This challenge has been a delight of great writing and readings. It's was hella fun voicing some of these pieces and I thank everyone who either requested or allowed me to read their pieces and those that read mine.

Tzara, I'm still in love with your reading of my (then) untitled #6, so thank you for that as well as for running this challenge gone wild. :kiss::rose:

Well, everyone did an admirable job of reading.

As far as my own writes are concerned, I am most impressed with HoneyAdored and her recital of Eowyn's Song. It is a song and to not sing it, yet maintain the rhythm is quite awesome.

I am most affected by Lyricalli's #43 To my parents' other child: because I have personally been through a very similar situation. The entire family simply does not associate with that other individual anymore.

I still haven't even figured out how to turn on my laptop's microphone to record anything or how to transfer the audio from my handheld digital recorder. But once I do, I will purchase a Darth Vader mask and give it a whirl.

I am most affected by Lyricalli's #43 To my parents' other child: because I have personally been through a very similar situation. The entire family simply does not associate with that other individual anymore.

I still haven't even figured out how to turn on my laptop's microphone to record anything or how to transfer the audio from my handheld digital recorder. But once I do, I will purchase a Darth Vader mask and give it a whirl.

I appreciate you sharing that. I haven't talked to him since then.

I do hope you get all your technology sorted out, and I'm looking forward to your whirl. :)

If you have a Windows PC, open Control Panel, then click on Sound, then click on the Recording tab. There should be an entry there for Microphone, assuming you have one and the device driver is installed for it. Click on the icon for it to select it and then click Properties. If the device is not enabled, change the setting in the drop-down list at the bottom of the General tab. That will enable the microphone. Then Click on the Levels tab and make sure the mic is not muted (the small icon to the right should not have the red circle with the cross in it) and make sure your volume is set to a reasonable level.

You will, of course, need an application to record sound. Accessories>Sound Recorder will work, but it only produces WMA files, which are kind of bulky, and I think there is a fairly low time limit for recording. I use Audacity, which is a free sound recording and editing program. I save the recordings as MP3 files and upload them to vocaroo.com.

This challenge has been a delight of great writing and readings. It's was hella fun voicing some of these pieces and I thank everyone who either requested or allowed me to read their pieces and those that read mine.

Tzara, I'm still in love with your reading of my (then) untitled #6, so thank you for that as well as for running this challenge gone wild. :kiss::rose:

Trix, thanks for your sultry reading of Savin' Sunshine, it brought a smile to my face too.

If you have a Windows PC, open Control Panel, then click on Sound, then click on the Recording tab. There should be an entry there for Microphone, assuming you have one and the device driver is installed for it. Click on the icon for it to select it and then click Properties. If the device is not enabled, change the setting in the drop-down list at the bottom of the General tab. That will enable the microphone. Then Click on the Levels tab and make sure the mic is not muted (the small icon to the right should not have the red circle with the cross in it) and make sure your volume is set to a reasonable level.

You will, of course, need an application to record sound. Accessories>Sound Recorder will work, but it only produces WMA files, which are kind of bulky, and I think there is a fairly low time limit for recording. I use Audacity, which is a free sound recording and editing program. I save the recordings as MP3 files and upload them to vocaroo.com.

You are both a Scholar and a Gentleman.

And everything you just said gave me a hardon.

Thanks to you, I'm all set up to experiment!

'I also need to thank Trix, Angeline, and Honey for adding their voices to Below the Scarred Surface. It meant a lot to me that they wanted to join me on that piece.'

My pleasure Calli :)

It was a pleasure doing it. It's such an insightful poem and I love the way the lines flow. :)

Legerdemer may I put your reading of my poem onto my Facebook poetry page please? I will give you full credit, with your real name if you prefer.

Back