The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2018 Support Thread

Congratulations to DragonCobalt, SolarRay, xelliebabex and all the contest participants who contributed stories. Well done, guys :rose::rose::rose:

I saw maybe 10 votes get swept from the 1800 I accumulated, and I'm being generous with that number. Finished off with an 4.85. Congrats to the winners, and see you guys next time.

Congratulations to DragonCobalt, SolarRay, xelliebabex, and all the contest participants.

On to Summer Luvin'

Oh, nice! xelliebabex posts here! Good job!

A big congrats to all the winners. I'm very pleased for all of you.

Congrats to the winners :D

Ended up losing somewhere around 40 votes, and went up by .08 from what I considered the settled score. 677 votes with a 4.77.

I put 3 stories in the contest and they all gained a little ground in the sweeps. I put 2 additional stories up (non-contest) during the same time period, and one of them saw a little bump. So that's a total of 5 stories over the last few weeks.

Contest:

1 noncon
1 exh
1 interracial

Not contest:

1 taboo
1 first time

Egads! I thought for sure I'd crossed the too-many-votes threshold. I guess I just slipped by for once. Thanks-- and congrats to DragonCobalt & xelliebabex! And a huge thank you to Alice_Rosaleen, who was kind enough to be my beta reader and steer me right during my fav contest. If you haven't read her stories yet, please do!

Congrats to you too Solar_Ray.

That was certainly a surprise to come back from Holidays tonight and find waiting for me. I honestly didn't think I would have been in the running by a long shot before I left for a week of research instead of writing. Hahaha! I guess the 40 or so votes I lost counted in the mix more heavily than I realised.

Thanks, everyone for the good wishes. Onto the next one :)

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all the writers who participated for giving me so many good reads and more to come!;)
SolarRay, I'm not surprised you placed. You'd written a beautiful, sensual story to begin with and I'm honored that you took my feedback into consideration as you polished it further.
:rose:

Well, I'll be darned... I'm a newb and couldn't understand why my score changed from approx. 4.45 to 4.65. I didn't know about this 'sweep' business, and still don't really understand what it is, but I'm not arguing...! :D

Having read many of these stories, you are an awesome group of writers...!!! Congratulations to the winners...! :nana:

Amy's Island

Congratulations to the authors who placed in the top 3! I haven't read your stories but I want to do so as soon as I can.

Well, I'll be darned... I'm a newb and couldn't understand why my score changed from approx. 4.45 to 4.65. I didn't know about this 'sweep' business, and still don't really understand what it is, but I'm not arguing...!
Basically, the site administrators regularly (and more frequently during contests) run an algorithm through the story files and purge suspicious scores, both one-bombs and helpful-fives. Nobody knows how it's done, but speculation suggests there's a connection with time on the page as well as noting the IP address. That is, if a story is opened and a score dropped on it in less than a human's reasonable read time for a given text length, that score will be stripped.

I couldn't vote twice on my own stories, for example, unless I used different IP address. I'll occasionally read someone's story and think, this sounds familiar, and then find I've already read it, scored it, and sometimes left a comment - so the system remembers IP addresses.

Your whole story file will be scrubbed, regardless whether or not you have a story in that particular contest.

Basically, the site administrators regularly (and more frequently during contests) run an algorithm through the story files and purge suspicious scores, both one-bombs and helpful-fives. Nobody knows how it's done, but speculation suggests there's a connection with time on the page as well as noting the IP address. That is, if a story is opened and a score dropped on it in less than a human's reasonable read time for a given text length, that score will be stripped.

I couldn't vote twice on my own stories, for example, unless I used different IP address. I'll occasionally read someone's story and think, this sounds familiar, and then find I've already read it, scored it, and sometimes left a comment - so the system remembers IP addresses.

Your whole story file will be scrubbed, regardless whether or not you have a story in that particular contest.

Okay, many thanks for that... IL

Congrats to the winners. This was a lot of fun, and a bit addictive. I've started my Summer Lovin' story. See you there!

Fun fact, my nude day story entry just got swept. went down from 1850 to 1750. When the contest ended (and the sweeps were supposed to have already happened) it was at 1800. How did I get a sweep that took away so many votes after it should have already been swept? If everything was done correctly during the contest sweep, there is no way my votes should have dropped below 1800. Something seems really wrong here.

Fun fact, my nude day story entry just got swept. went down from 1850 to 1750. When the contest ended (and the sweeps were supposed to have already happened) it was at 1800. How did I get a sweep that took away so many votes after it should have already been swept? If everything was done correctly during the contest sweep, there is no way my votes should have dropped below 1800. Something seems really wrong here.
Sweeps can happen at any time, depending what is happening across the whole story file. There can be several sweeps across a contest and in the period immediately following.

It is what it is - your story must have had a high number of suspect votes for such a reduction. Or look at it this way, a 5% noise floor. No point worrying about it though, you can't influence the outcome.

Sweeps can happen at any time, depending what is happening across the whole story file. There can be several sweeps across a contest and in the period immediately following.

It is what it is - your story must have had a high number of suspect votes for such a reduction. Or look at it this way, a 5% noise floor. No point worrying about it though, you can't influence the outcome.

He points out a curious phenomenon, however, which is that there can be subsequent sweeps that delete votes that presumably should have been deleted in a previous sweep. So sweeps appear not to be handled the same way all the time. And that is a huge number of votes to be deleted. I can't recall ever having so many votes deleted all at once.

I've experienced the same phenomenon with comments -- where nasty comments get deleted over time, and comments that seemingly would have been candidates for deletion don't get deleted the first time but do later. It makes me wonder what method the site admin has for scanning story comments.

The Incest toplist just got swept, as evidenced by the higher scores in the Hall of Fame, and the return of several stories that had been blasted down. It's something that happens about once a month because there are so many people attempting to manipulate it to help their favorites. You got hit with shrapnel from that ( if you weren't on the toplist and taking direct damage )

He points out a curious phenomenon, however, which is that there can be subsequent sweeps that delete votes that presumably should have been deleted in a previous sweep. So sweeps appear not to be handled the same way all the time. And that is a huge number of votes to be deleted. I can't recall ever having so many votes deleted all at once.

I've experienced the same phenomenon with comments -- where nasty comments get deleted over time, and comments that seemingly would have been candidates for deletion don't get deleted the first time but do later. It makes me wonder what method the site admin has for scanning story comments.
There you go, RR has explained the deeper sweep.

Re the comments, I'm guessing key words - I can't imagine it would take long to compile an idiot list.

Comments can be deleted if another author has reported one, and all comments from that user name are checked.

Back