What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of rum, but I'd like to try mojitos. To use a totally scientific term, how rummy is the flavour?

On another note, I like simultaneously rediscovering an old PC game I used to play until my eyes bled and finally pinpointing the first time I remember being turned on by something kinky. Points for the first person to guess the game and, to narrow down the field a little, it was released in 1999.

Mojitos are not very rummy at all. More minty & limey. I'm not a big rum drinker, either, it's about the only rum drink I'll drink.

Can't even guess about the game. I think the last time a played a video game of any sort, was Frogger, when I was twelve...many, many, many years ago.
 
'99 makes me think of Everquest. That was what was eating my brain that year. And the year after. And a few years later.

Swing and a miss, my friend, I'm afraid I've never been into Everquest. The closest I got to playing an MMORPG was Guild Wars a few years ago, mostly because it didn't require monthly fees to play.

original sims?

(thats a WAG)

It's probably closer than Everquest. It did help me bond with my inner sadist - say what you will, but the only thing better than forcing a Sim to torch his house and kill his entire family because he can't use a fireplace is doing that with a house that's worth more than a million bucks - but that's not it either.

Also, I like finding my copy of Back in Black. There might be better technical riffs than the title track, but there's almost nothing quite as iconic as that. Impossible to understand half of what that mad bastard Johnson's singing about, though.
 
Last edited:
Swing and a miss, my friend, I'm afraid I've never been into Everquest. The closest I got to playing an MMORPG was Guild Wars a few years ago, mostly because it didn't require monthly fees to play.

EQ wasn't my guess. I Was mentioning it because that was the game I was playing in '99. I may well have missed whatever game you're hinting at as a result.

Also, I like finding my copy of Back in Black. There might be better technical riffs than the title track, but there's almost nothing quite as iconic as that. Impossible to understand half of what that mad bastard Johnson's singing about, though.

Excellent album. One of their best, no doubt.
 
Just when I thought it was impossible for R Lee Ermey to get any more cool.

When Don Luke saw a tall former Marine Corps drill instructor walk into the Wells Fargo Bank on Russell Street on Monday, a light clicked on.

“He looked very familiar,” Luke said. “I watch the History Channel a ton.”

Sure enough, it was R. Lee Ermey, star of the network's “Mail Call,” with a line of movie credits that stretches back to the 1970s.

Ermey, in Missoula this week to shoot a segment for his upcoming series “Locked and Loaded,” had been driving with crew member Harlan Glenn to a Fort Missoula museum when he spotted something black lying on the blacktop.

On closer examination, it turned out to be a bank deposit bag. Ermey stopped the car and picked it up.

“We look in there and - Lord have mercy,” he said.

The bag contained a pile of dough: cash and checks that looked like they were meant for deposit in an American Indian fund of some sort.

“Just on one deposit slip alone was, like, $3,700, and another one for $2,800,” Glenn said. “There was easily $8,000 in cash, and the rest in checks.”

Ermey said his first thought was: “Some poor guy, right now, is probably getting fired, probably having the worst day of his life.

“So what we did was we went right down to the Wells Fargo bank and deposited it for him.”

“He said, 'You need to call these people so they can stop having a heart attack,' ” Glenn said.
 
The www.
Rofl_3f.gif
 
He got the vontage box yesterday and got it set up thismorning :D

it's so nice to be able to just pick up the phone and call him with out having to worry at all about how much I'm spending. :heart:
 
Did you see both of the dances from the heat and semis too.. They are very clever. I liked the references to the judges in the final, but there are references in both of the other dances too that are just as funny.

yeah. im a bit of a youtube BGT junkie
 
Went to a wedding over the weekend (my kids were flower girls and ring bearers, Or "official litterers" and "bedding bearers", as I called them). A pile of family from my mom's side showed up, many of whom I'd not seen in years. Some I hadn't seen in over ten years.

My uncle J was there. He is officially my hero. Uncle's J's health is in the shitter. He's a recent cancer survivor, a heart attack or two, massive issues with a leg, and possible kidney failure around the corner. He looks ancient and raggedy, though he's younger than my mom. And the first thing he does is introduce me to his friend (his emphasis was subtle, but unmistakable)

Said new friend had to be 10-15 years younger than uncle J minimum, and looked good. Even raggedy and tore up, uncle J is still pimp.
 
i had a mango today :)

made me think of keroin :p

Aw shucks.

Sadly, I have passed through my last mango season here. Tomatoes are just showing up on the shelves but, while a vine ripened tomato is a thing of beauty, I can get those in Canada. The last remnants of the starfruit season linger in my crisper. Alas, my days of hand picked tropical fruit is drawing to a close. Oh, I'll still have paw paws and bananas but I'm growing weary of them.

Farewell sweet mangoes.

Hello BC apples! Yum.
 
Collecting him from the airport.

He's sunburnt to hell, he stunk and I'm sure he's dehydrated, but he had a good weekend.

He's now sleeping it off.
 
my teaching certification has been issued!

i am now officially certified to teach :) !!!!!!

:nana:
 
my teaching certification has been issued!

i am now officially certified to teach :) !!!!!!

:nana:
Congratulations... and my sympathies at the same time. All the best possible luck to you.

Your profession is noble and enlightening, and one of the few slim hopes for our civilization. It's also one of the hardest professions of all. I knowz. I wuz one for almost a dozen years. I barely escaped with my sanity. I'm sure, though, that you're better suited for it than I was. I was, by the time I started teaching, 36 years old, and waaaay too set in my ways to bend far enough to put up with the administrative and paperwork bullshits that went along with the actual teaching, which seemed to become less and less important each year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top