Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn but John Malkovich is a scary actor dude. And Rene Russo is so lucky to make out with Clint Eastwood -- envy, my name is Cathleen.


AMC "In the Line of Fire"
 
Congrats BG! I say yes spoil her, spoil her!

Tickle some toes, BG. Welcome to the little one.

1123951929babyfeet1.jpg

CONGRATS BG!!! Don't spoil her!:D

I can tell from the av.




Oh, you mean someone else. Sure. Gotcha. Congrats to the happy parents and to the little one's very proud great aunt. :rose:

Congrats BG. Enjoy.

Thanks, kids! She still has that just born smooshed up look, but she's gorgeous anyway. :)
 
Since I signed in to comment in a thread I thought I'd say 'Hello' here too. <waves at all her friends>
 
Yes.

You know what really bugs me, all I wanted to type was Yes, nothing more nothing less, but nooooooo, I can't do that because of some stupid five character rule.


Well then Quoll babe say ....yes and I've certainly missed that AV of yours BG. :D
 
hi, guys!

[waves]



so i had a series of interviews yesterday.

i arrive, fill out that annoying application form (attention employers, have the gorrammed decency to put this form online so people don't waste 10-15 mins copying their resume by hand--let us copy & paste online w/out the attendant hand-cramping), meet the HR person that i spoke w/ the day before.

this company is unlike most i've ever encountered. not big on titles per se (better-known examples: bloomberg), the HR woman already stated twice they'll match my salary requirements (WTF?) plus they have sickeningly good benefits (an actual, honest-to-goodness pension? 100% benefits vesting day 1?).

after meeting the HR person, i moved steadily up the food chain (insofar as a relatively horizonal-organization has one). 4 interviews--and not perfunctory, short ones, either--and i was walking out at around 5:15. 3 solid hours of interviewing.

i think i can fairly say that i always felt i interview well. but yesterday, i on. i have to be on everyone's short list--the energy and dynamic was good, the interview room atmosphere was wholly convivial, i did a good job of not taking every conversation into "here's why i'm a great candidate"-land--but i did take the key ones there, and i think the mix i hit was just about right.

it was a good day!

ed
 
bg: ah, thank you! and look, a dancing nana--how sweet of you! :D

emptynester: thank you so much! but i can't leave the trout at home--he'll get lonely, you know? plus, i caught him making clownfish eyes at the mrs...

ed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top