NANO'ers Check in

TxRad

Dirty Old Man
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Posts
45,152
Let's hear how you're doing.

Got a start earlier and knocked out 1672 by 5AM.
 
Present and accounted for, sir! Unfortunately, I have to finish the last chapter of the present novel before I move on to the NaNo novel. I'm getting there.
 
Same as the above post. I have one more chapter for my latest e-book before I get started.

There is a write in somewhere in Providence this month, I might attend and hang with the rest of the nerds:D
 
I'm here. Although I started at midnight, I only wrote a few words before heading to bed. I'll get back to it soon.
 
Check'n in! I am just sitting down to throw down some words! Word!
 
I logged in yesterday and should do the preliminaries, at least. I haven't written in so long and I do miss it. Unfortunately it's busy for us this week so probably won't get much written. Kids are off Monday and Tuesday, then we're off to my brother's wedding in Texas on Thursday. Whew.

After that, I'm hoping it slows down. (But it probably won't because it never does.)

ETA: There, created my novel. :) It's a start.
 
Last edited:
Checking in from rainy Florida. ("Sunshine state" my ass! :rolleyes: )

I did Rocky Horror last night so I'm getting started late. Shooting for at least 2,000 words today.

Eventually. I do have another 10-1/2 hours left in today. :D

.
 
I signed in last night but didn't get any written. I do have a start, sort of an outline and one scene, but I'll keep it on one document and do my new writing on another to make it easier to keep count.

I always have a hard time on weekends doing writing because, well, it's the weekend. However I did manage to get a meager seventy words squeezed in this morning, and hopefully more tonight, although I might not get them posted b/4 midnight. No prob because I should have plenty of time tomorrow to do another batch of writing.
 
1693 so far today. A good start considering I watched football and took a nap this afternoon.
 
Wrote to the first scene break. 2182 and then went to bed. Slept most of the day. Between the gray and drizzly weather and a head cold...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, excuses, excuses, excuses. :D
 
Wrote nine pages on paper for the last novel. Not started yet on my Nano novel but I'll probably type up those nine pages and count them toward my word count for this month because, heh, I wrote them this month. :rolleyes:
 
Typing, typing, looks up, waves,

"Here"

goes back to typing.

typing, typing ....

:D
 
There. Got 1615. About 1000 original and 615 taken from part of the work I'd started a while ago. Decided to start it over, but some of the stuff I wrote before is still useful.
 
3507 at the second scene break.

Lots of character development and background. Very little action so far. Lots of hints at past and future action but... :cool:
 
I got a pretty good start today (yesterday). 2140 words, or thereabout.
 
I ended the first day right at 2,000 words. With a new idea for day two, I crawled out of bed an hour ago to make some notes. :rolleyes:
 
Hoping to get some writing done once the munchkin is down for the night. I worked out a couple scenes in my head on the way home. I started this novel years ago and I'm just picking up about two thirds in to where I left off. I feel myself strongly drawn to the vision of my original dream that started it all. It makes me think of the quote - "Your intuition knows what to write so get out of the way." Ray Bradbury
 
Slow start today. Spent most of the day helping a friend get into her travel trailer. She went to visit her daughter over the weekend and returned to find her trailer turned sideways and the awning wrapped around and under the wheels. A wind gust caught the awning and spun the trailer. She forgot to roll it in before she left. I see a porch with a metal roof in her near future.

Up to 3960.
 
Slow start today. Spent most of the day helping a friend get into her travel trailer. She went to visit her daughter over the weekend and returned to find her trailer turned sideways and the awning wrapped around and under the wheels. A wind gust caught the awning and spun the trailer. She forgot to roll it in before she left. I see a porch with a metal roof in her near future.

Up to 3960.

Some things take priority over writing. :rose:

I have 4250 total.
 
Didn't get to write yesterday, sigh. I'll try to make up for it today. Might get some done tomorrow with the kids in school. Still debating whether I can get any typing done on our flights this weekend.
 
Didn't get to write yesterday, sigh. I'll try to make up for it today. Might get some done tomorrow with the kids in school. Still debating whether I can get any typing done on our flights this weekend.

Don't make me get the floggers out. ;)
 
Back
Top