Working The Starways (Closed for Iscaa)

Zark Smiled at Sive, as a human she was fascinating, and her nanites were well worth studying. However, if he was honest, he hadn't hit the man because of her, but he knew if they were captured, he would probably end up dead. They were only after Sive after all.

He placed the handcuffs on the unconscious man before standing up and smiling. The smile suddenly faded as he felt a pain in his back.

Without warning, Sive watched in horror as Zark exploded his limbs flying in every direction. "Oh Fuck!" She heard him shout as his head bounced away.

"Run!" Kahn shouted to Sive as he launched himself forward. He could sense where the invisible men were, his powerful jaw clamping around one of their necks, ripping through the flesh.

Shive turned and ran before she heard a whimper, she looked back to see Kahn raised high in the air, before being hit down on the ground over and over.

She ran knowing she was outmatched. Suddenly she had to stop. In front of her were three men, standing over the dead or unconscious Murdock.

"How nice for you to come to us," one of them said before he fired.

Sive felt the bullet pass through her stomach. She fell to her knees looking at her blood. She looked up before one of the men hit her so hard it broke her jaw, and she collapsed onto her side. The world slowly faded into darkness as the men laughed.

"Pick her up and be careful. she will heal quickly, get them and the mut into the cages. Pack up and move out. set bombs in all other ships I don't want anyone following."

The other men replied as they ready to leave. "ey Sir."

The leader looked at Sive as she was placed in the cage. "easiest million we ever made," he said to himself.

Last edited:
Murdock awoke with a start as his cage was dropped, he rubbed the back of his head. Someone had hit him very hard. He had felt them some kind of sense, but unfortunately not soon enough.

He suddenly stopped, he was rubbing his head with the wrong hand. There were fingers!
He looked at where his stump had been and saw a very pink smooth hand, "Wow!" Murdock thought to himself. "if the nanites did this then no wonder someone is offering such a reward for Sive."

As he thought of her name he looked around, he was in a cage, the three walls and the ceiling and floor were solid and the front was covered by energy bars. Murdock touched on and instantly regretted it as the feedback was a particularly nasty experience. There were two more cages across the room, "Kahn and Sive?" he whispered. They had been captured as well.

"Maybe I can help?" a voice echoed in his head.

"Neffer?" Murdock whispered.

"Yes I'm on the ship, Brant and Darla aren't going t make it." There was a shudder as the ship lifted off.

"Can you get me out of this cage?" Murdock whispered.

"I'm on board but don't know. I'm not the room and can only see what you see."

"Kahn lifted his painful head, he was hurt, "Lucky to be alive," He thought to himself, "Wheres Sive?" he sniffed the air he could smell her.

"Wheres Sive!" he projected into Murdock.

This was a confusing moment for Murdock two voices thinking into his head at once, He looked over at the other cage, "Think she is over there,"

"Yes she is, but she is unconscious healing, the men hurt her bad." Neffer thought.

Kahn calmed down as he finally caught her scent, "Room is too streial, I couldn't detect her. Kahn tried to stand before yelping in pain. He needed more time to heal, and that was something they didn't have.

"Neffer Where are you?"

"I don't know, I jumped on board before the men left, I can sense you are close, but I'm afraid to move. If they see me, they will kill me."

"Neffer you have to get to us."

"I can't there're three men in the room I can't move!" Neffer back into the corner under the counsel, and started to shake, the men had big guns and appeared to be searching for something."

One of the men started talking. "The computer picked up a small alien life form, let's find it and kill it before the boss finds out we picked up a stray."

"They're looking for me, I have to go," Neffer said, and the voice in Murdock's head went silant.

Murdock looked at Kahn, "How are we going to get out of this one?" he asked, but Kahn just put his head down and went back to sleep.

Sive looked at Zark as he smiled at her. She couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his mind. She smiled back briefly as she watched him put the handcuffs on the unconscious man. Suddenly his smile faded and his body exploded. Kahn shouted run. Sive ran thinking, "This can't be real...it has to be a nightmare!"

Looking back quickly she saw Kahn lifted up into the air and fall heavily. He whimpered once and didn't move. Sive kept on running but knew it was only a matter of time. Their attackers had some kind of invisibility shield, and she had no idea which way to run.

She kept on running through the brush, hearing crashing sounds behind her. Suddenly she came into a small clearing. On the ground was Murdock, surrounded by three men. Murdock wasn't moving. Sive stopped. She knew she was done, as she waited to see what the men would do next.

With a smug look on his face the largest man said,

"How nice for you to come to us,"

Before Sive could say one word his lifted his gun and shot her. Sive felt a searing pain in her stomach. She fell to her knees, hands going to her stomach and coming away all bloody. She blinked rapidly in shock as one of the men from behind came up and hit her across the face...hard. As the world slowly spun and faded, Sive thought, "This is a nightmare....she heard the men laugh in the background.

Sive moaned softly as she came around. Without opening her eyes, she felt like her body was laying on a lumpy surface. She opened her eyes and saw a white ceiling, she took a deep breath. Her whole body hurt when she tried to move. Memories started to come back. Zark, Kahn and her on the planet. Zark exploding, Kahn going for an invisible enemy and getting hurt. Sive's heart quickened as she remembered running through the brush. They were behind her, then suddenly she saw three of them standing over the body of Murdock.

"Did they kill Murdock?"

Sive moaned louder as she tried to sit up. It hurt too much to move, even her face hurt! She gingerly moved her head to the side. She was in some kind of cage. Blinking a few times to clear her vision Sive could see two more cage like structures across the room. She saw Kahn in one and Murdock in the other. She tried to speak, but realized there was something wrong with her jaw. She swallowed thinking, "That bastard must have broken my jaw when he hit me. I won't soon forget that."

Looking towards Murdock, Sive sent out her thoughts,

"Murdock ...Kahn....can you hear me? Are you OK? Answer me....are you two OK?"

Sive waited to hear from one or the other. She shook a little, not wanting to be alone now. She needed to have some kind of contact with her people. Suddenly she heard a far away voice, like it was running ...breathing fast.

"Sive...it's Nefer...I am here. I will come to you when it is safe for me. I am being chased now."

Nefer ran into a storage room and jumped up on some shelving. She watched as two men with a scanning devise came into the room. The room's light flickered a few times and went out before the men could get a lock on her, which was just dumb luck. She jumped at the one with the scanner and attached herself to his face....digging her sharp claws in deep. At the same time she chomped down on his bulbous nose. He screamed waving his arms about and dropped the scanner. It hit the floor sliding to the side where the second man stepped on it. Both men heard the crunch as Nefer jumped off the man's face and streaked out of the room. As the dim light flickered back on, the bleeding man picked up what was left of the scanner and groaned;

"Frickin beast! Oh my frickin nose!" Looking at the scanner he added, "Shit shit shit....this is the only life form scanner we have and now it's broke. If we tell the boss we're dead meat."

The second man nodded in agreement and added;

"He is one mean SOB. Let's just tell him we found the thing. Killed and then spaced it. He won't question that."

Meanwhile Nefer ran towards where she sensed her friends were being held.

Last edited:
Neffer ran through the corridor. Twice he had taken cover as people were coming. He knew there may be guards in the cargo bay, but knew somehow he had to free Sive and the others.

Suddenly Neffer stopped, the Cargo bays doors were locked. There was a small air vent above the door "Now how do I get up there," Neffer thought.

Murdock was not happy with Sive, with Kahn relaying psychic messages back and forth. He had expressed his displeasure about the situation, "It's because of your stupid nanites, what have you done to me!"

"None of this would have happened if you hadn't kidnapped me, I'd be off somewhere with Jason. he was compatible too you know,"

"Did your nanites make him fall in love and have sex with you to?"

"My ninites don't make people fall in love. There is an attraction if you're compatible, and you kissed me while I was unconscious, that is how you were infected.

"Your nanites made me kiss you, else I never would have, and if I had known how annoying you could be I would have resisted."

"ANNOYING!!!" You want to talk about annoying? You stupid annoying man, let me tell you something..."

Kahn lay back down shutting the voices off. They were giving him a headache, "How could humans think so much and say nothing."

Sive as still thinking of insults. She assumed Murdock was receiving them when her jaw suddenly and painfully clicked back into place. "Ouch!" she said out loud. She then started the rant about how annoying Murdock was out loud realising Kahn was no longer helping.

Murdock argued back, but Sive was on a role, not giving Murdock many chances.

"You are a despicable dirty pirate, how has no regard for others, and ... and..." Shive stoped, "Did you say you loved me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Murdock shouted, "Your nanites did a whammy on me."

"Yes," Sive admitted, "but the ninates in you eventually countered them, so if you still have feelings, there real."

Murdock went quiet. He did love her and was afraid she didn't love him. Before he could answer, Neffer echoed in both of their heads, "I can see you, and there are no guards, I will be down in a moment."

Last edited:
"Yes," Sive admitted, "But the ninates in you eventually countered them, so if you still have feelings, they are real!"

Sive sat back and thought about what she had just learned. Moments later she heard,

"I can see you, and there are no guards, I will be down in a moment."

All three of the prisoners looked up and watched as Nefer struggled to open the air vent to the room they were being held in. Finally the vent opened like a small door and Nefer nimbly jumped on top of Kahn's cage then onto the floor. She walked over to Sive and looked her cage over....before going over Kahn's, then finally to Murdock's cage. Wrinkling her wee nose said telepathicly;

"I don't know if I can open these cages, but the one that Murdock is in, seems the oldest, and therefore it may be the weakest. I may be able to find something that Murdock can use to break out."

With that thought she looked around the room. After a few minutes she found a small rod, the size of a slender finger. Picking it up with her mouth, she went over to Murdock who put his hand through the bars and took it from her. He immediately started working on the key hole. After watching for a few moments Nefer announced,

"I'll go back outside and see if I can find any other tools for you to use." With that thought she jumped back onto Kahn's cage and with a great spring was able to jump back into the vent. With her paw she pulled the front in once again.

Sive and Kahn watched as Murdock worked on his key hole. Suddenly they all heard someone open the door. Murdock stopped working and stepped back cursing quietly, he only needed ten more minutes to get his cage open. Kahn stood up and bristled as he growled menacingly. Sive stood her ground as the grim faced man walked over to her cage.

Blade, the leader of these mercenaries smugly looked at Murdock and then Kahn. His beady eyes finally fell on Sive. He smiled and licked his lips before announcing,

"OK girl, you and me have some business together. I have something to show you, once you have all the facts, you will know you can't get away from me or my men. By the way my name is Blade!" He laughed as two very sharp knives slipped out of his sleeves. He smiled grimly at Sive as he put them back up his sleeves. She took the warning as it was intended.

He took a key out of his pocket opened her cage door. Before Sive could move one inch he grabbed her, pulled her out of the cage and pushed her hard against the wall,holding her there with his knee at the small of her back. Sive couldn't help but cry out in pain. Both Murdock and Kahn reacted within their cages. Blade laughed as he roughly pulled Sive's hands behind her back, tying her wrists together with some rough rope.

Sive wasn't up to this kind of treatment, after having just healed from the gunshot wound and broken jaw. The man was mean to say the least as he jerked and pulled her out of the room. Just as the door shut and locked the ones left behind could hear Sive cry out in pain again.

Kahn ran at the cage and fell back in frustration, Murdock held onto the bars and shook them in rage.
Finally taking a breath he went back to working on the lock. He swore that Blade was a dead man. He went back to work on the keyhole. He and Kahn were going to be free by the time Sive was brought back.

Last edited:
Blade dragged Sive by her arm squeezing it tightly her hands tied behind her back. Sive was trying to produce pheromones, but for some reason, her nineties weren't responding, and that was Troubling her.

Blade dragged her into a lift, before pinning her against the wall his hand around her throat. "You try anything, and I will gut you, girl, you are mine until I get my pay. He licked his lips and pressed his body against hers. Maybe I will keep you a little longer,"h e said before licking Sive's face.

Sive was disgusted "Fucking pig!" she thought to herself but resisted saying it out loud, somehow knowing if she resisted it would be worse.

Blade pushed her to the floor as the door opened. Then he grabbed her by the hair and pulled Sive across the ground, with her shouting and crying, feeling completely powerless.

They entered a lab. Sive recognised some of the equipment, but before she could say anything, Blade kicked her in the gut.

Sive gasped suddenly robbed of air, as tears ran down her face. She hadn't felt this low since being forced on the run. This man was a pig and was letting her know he was in control. She Grit her teeth, he wasn't going to break her.

Blade lifted her up thrusting her face against a perspex screen. "Look!" he shouted. Sive opened her eyes. On the other side of the screen was a naked dead man. He hung there on a metal spike like a piece of meat, and all of his blood had been drained.

Blade smiled as Sive realised who it was, "Jason?" Sive said out loud with a gasp. He had been so kind to her for him to end up dead like this...

Another woman entered the room, "That was his name. We assumed you knew him since he had your ninates, doctor. It took a while to extract every nanite from his body. Fortunately, we have another man to experiment on, and hopefully, master the extraction technic.

Blade dragged Shive across the room before throwing her in a cage. "Whatever you do to her Azrial, she has to live. The man and the mut are of no consequences."

"Yes sir," Azril, said with a smile, and Blade left. She walked over to the cage with Sive, "turn around and I will untie you." she said sounding kinder.

Sive slowly got up and turned around as Azril placed something on the back of each hand before cutting the cord. Sive rubbed her wrists, "Thank you" she said before Azril pressed a button on the counsel.

Suddenly Sive was forced to stand in a crucifix position, some sort of energy pinning her hands in place. Azril turned holding a sharp blade and opened the door. "Now let's see how much you bleed," she said with a smile.

Last edited:
Murdock kept trying to open his cage. Sive had left an hour ago. The lock finally clicked, and the door swung open, "Longest ten minutes ever," he said before he heard a woman screaming. "Sive!" He Shouted.

Kahn was up fully healed gnawing at the bars "Get me out of here!" He thought to Murdock.

Sive cried out again, Azril liked to hear her scream, and was impressed how fast the nanites were repairing the lacerations. The electric shocks were so strong that she was also surprised Sive hadn't passed out.

Sive screamed again. Azril had said she had been drugged, and the crew couldn't be affected by pheromones and any other natural stimulant. The pain stopped, and Sive hung by her hands. She looked at the patches which Azril had stuck on the back of her hands. Some sort of magnetic conduits for the energy. She had to get them off her skin started extricating a natural lubricant under the pads, she had to get them off!

Neffer creped into the lab. She felt the malevolent energy coming from this evil woman as she experienced and studied her friend. She found a dark corner and watched, ready to help if she could.

The com. came on, it was Blade's voice, "Azril get your ass to the bridge now!" Azril growled as she went to reply, "I'm leaving now."

Sive sighed in relief as the horrid woman left the room. She blinked as she felt the pads start to loosen. Her whole body hurt with all the torture that wacko woman had done to her. Something inside Sive was changing, she breathed slowly feeling her body tingling all over. She thought, "Those drugs they gave me must be wearing off. I can feel my nanites, they must be evolving again, I can feel them changing...growing stronger." The pads on the back of her hands were now loose enough so Sive could wrench them off.

Suddenly that woman opened the door and came in smiling her evil smile. She stopped in front of Sive's cage and said,

"Stupid interruptions....now where we we?" She pulled one of her favorite knives as she opened the cage door and stepped inside.

At that moment Sive wrenched her arms free of the restraint and pointed her hand and fingers at the woman only a few feet from her. A lightning like charge came out of the tips of her fingers, hitting the woman directly in the chest. The power of the charge blasted her out of the cage and half way across the floor of the room. Sive followed her as she slide another few feet. Sive bent down to touch her neck. She was dead.

Sive looked at her as she thought, " You deserved so much worse than this quick death." She then stood up trying to put her torn clothes back to rights. "I'll have to find some new ones, these are finished. A second later she saw Nefer coming towards her, "Sive ...are you OK? I am glad that evil woman is dead."

Sive breathed in deeply before she answered, "I am now little Nefer. Do you have any idea where Murdock and Kahn are being held? We need to get to them as soon as possible."

Nefer jumped onto Sive's shoulder and said, "Yes I do. They are in the brig, not far from here. Let's go!"

Murdock finally got Kahn out of the cage. He was happy the ninates were growing him a new hand but he missed the practicality of his mechanical one, and picking a lock with only one hand was a lot harder than he remembered.

Kwan burst free as soon as the lock clicked open, "Sive is being tortured!" echoed in Murdock's head.

"I need a weapon!" Murdock replied before the door opened, and three armed mercenaries walked in. They looked at Kahn and Murdock free of their cages and drew their weapons.

Murdock dived behind Kahn's cage while Kahn drew the fire running across the room before taking cover.

The mercenary stopped shooting and started slowly creeping closer.

Murdock picked up a metal bar, but didn't know how he was going to take out three armed men wearing armour.

Suddenly there was a weird sound like electrisaty. Murdock peeked out only to see all three men laying on the floor and Sive breathing heavily her hand stretched out at the doorway.

"Well, are you coming?" She asked as she breathed heavily, generating blasts like that was hurting her and draining her energy fast.

Murdock picked up a gun, and Kahn rushed over to have his ears scratched, "We were coming to rescue you,"

"You were a little slow," Sive replied. "Now let's get the hell out of here!"

Meanwhile, back in the lab, Azril slowly opened her eyes forcing herself to stand, "Bitch!" She shouted out loud as rubbed her chest checking for damage. "It will take hours of regeneration, and I reckon a few bits will have to be replaced."

She slowly staggered over to the com. "Blade this is Azril, The prisoner has escaped!"

Attachments

• blades men.jpg
    blades men.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
Sive, Murdock and the rest quickly exited the brig, Murdock in the lead. He had first check to see if the coast was clear before they burst into the corridor. Murdock whispered,

"We need to get to the bridge and take over the ship, Nefer do you have any idea how many men Blade has?"

Nefer leaped up on Murdock's broad shoulder leaned towards his ear;

"I believe there are nine men on board, now six including Blade. They are real bad men, killers!"

Murdock nodded his head as he pointed the way towards the bridge.

"We need more weapons, these are not your usual mercenaries."

Sive agreed and whispered as she ran along side Murdock,

"OK...I don't have a lot of energy reserve right now, my best bet is to turn into my big cat. I should be able to take down a man in that form."

She slowed down for a moment as her body changed into a sleek black panther. Just then they heard voices around the next corner. Sive and Kahn crouched ready to attack. Nefer jumped off Murdock's shoulder moving behind Sive.

Three men came around the corner, heavily armed with weapons and mercenary uniforms. They were not going to be easy to take down. Surprise was going to be their only advantage at this point. The men stopped and looked at the human and three animals. They smiled briefly.

Kahn rushed forward drawing their fire, before diving down a second corridor.

Murdock shot back as he and Sive backed around a corner. Neffer hid, crawling into a small vent.

Murdock pocked his head out only to see one of the men turning invisible. A second was heading after Kahn. Murdock rapidly fired at where the invisible man had vanished, but the other man returned fire forcing him back.

"One is invisible!" he shouted as he turned his head. "Sive?" he looked around quickly there was no sign of her.

Suddenly something had his throat. It yanked his gun out of his hand. "Surrender or die, a man shouted, before there was a squelching sound and the invisible man released him. Sive suddenly appeared a clawed hand covered in blood as she ripped it out of the man's back. She grabbed the wounded man's head, and with a sudden jerk and a snapping noise, the man appeared and fell to the floor dead.

Sive allowed her hand to return to normal. She had snapped his neck. Her hands started to shake "What did I do?" she asked herself not believing she was capable of that level of violence.

Murdock could see she was in shock, "It's ok, he said as he picked up his blaster. He went to glance around the corner again as the second man appeared.

Both men were surprised, but Murdock was faster on the trigger, shooting the man in the chest, the man staggered back but didn't fall. Murdock fired again and again until he did.

He turned back and hugged Sive, who hadn't moved or taken her eyes of the man she had just killed. "It will be ok. We have to get out control of this ship.

"Kahn," Shive suddenly said ignoring Murdock's reassurances. She headed off after him, leaving a confused Murdock.

"This is going bad," Neffer thought to him.

"Yes it is," he replied.

Last edited:
Nefer mentally said

Kahn is hurt bad....help Him!

As Sive and Murdock rounded the corner, they found Kahn laying on his side barely breathing. Blades man no where to be seen. While Murdock stood guard, Sive fell to the floor reaching for Kahn. Using her finger like a suringe,she insterted it into the artery in his neck. She sent forth a huge number of nanites. Before Murdocks eyes Sive fell to the floor unconscious. All her reserves having been used up now.

Murdock groaned...Mother Fucker! He stared at the two still forms in front of him, Nefer sniffed at Sive and looked up at him,

Now what? Can you change form and put on a uniform? Pretend these two are your prisoners?

She waited for Murdock to answer.

Once Kahn had recovered enough to stand, Murdock walked back to the dead bodys. He pulled then into a store room before taking the armour of one of the men and put it on. He looked at the dead man intently, and slowly breathed staring at his fetchers. Sive had told him what to do, but he hadn't expected the sensation.

His hand suddenly felt like it was on fire as the ninates replaced it at a fast rate, his skin tone changed too. His whole body felt alien to him as his teeth shrunk changing to match the body on the floor. Murdock couldn't believe it. He looked at his hands as he breathed heavily, his body felt like he had run a marathon "She said the fist time would hurt, but that wasn't fun," he muttered to himself, as he stared at a reflective panel, a stranger staring back. He picked up the guns and headed back to Sive and the others.

Kahn glanced a few times at the stranger walking towards them. He smelt like Murdock, He instinctively growled, making Sive aware of Murdock presents.

"So? how do I look?" Murdock asked.

"Honestly?" Sive started, "That is going to take a while to get used to. I knew it was you, though, I could sense the nanites."

"Are you ok?" Murdock asked her, and she shook her head. "Understandable, I know you don't agree with killing, but if you hadn't of killed that man, he would have killed me." he said trying to make her feel better.

Sive knew this wasn't true. Yes, the man probably would have killed Murdock, but she didn't have to kill him. She looked at her hand her nails growing long like her cat form, then the nails changed to an organic metal substance, it slowly spread over her hand as she clenched her fist. and her eyes flached with electrical energy. "Let's get out of this place. I'm feeling very violent right now. I think that doctor I killed did something to me. We are your prisoners Murdock. Let's get to the bridge."

Kahn nodded but knew something was wrong with Sive. She felt more primal. Her emotions weren't in check. Suddenly for the first time, Kahn was afraid of her.

Nefer jumped onto Kahn's back "I sensed that too," she thought to him as the group made their way through the ship.

Last edited:
As they made their way along the corridors Sive looked up at Murdock who walked ahead of her. He was concentrating on what could lay ahead of them. She then looked to her side, at Kahn, he felt her attention on him and glanced up at her. His eyes showed fear as did Nefer who perched on his shoulders. The two animals knew there was something very wrong with Sive.

Sive licked her lips, knowing that they were right. She needed to keep control of whatever was trying to take over her thoughts and actions. She looked back towards where Murdock had suddenly slowed down signaling for all of them to stop. They could hear the sound of voices up ahead. Sive and the animals backed up against the wall as Murdock made ready to take whoever was coming.

Kahn asked Nefer, "Do you know what is wrong with Sive? She is not the same as before she was taken away to that lab. They did something to her, I hope it isn't permanent. Nefer lay down so she could whisper in his ear. I watched what that female did to Sive. She injected some kind of liquid into her arm. I am hoping her nanites will be able to overcome the effects of this liquid. The both looked at Sive again.

Sive was feeling very emotional now, as she watched for Murdock to give them some kind of signal. She just wanted to kill. It was frightening the way she was feeling. Blinking several times Sive took a deep breath and waited.

Last edited:
Azril smiled. Finally, she had a lock on the nanites, "Two bodies with ultimate nano-tec, and two beasts one with Dia wolf nanites, and one with another type. I haven't encountered these before. Something else to study and experiment on.

Azriel activated the com. "The escaped prisoners are on deck three heading towards the bridge access."

"Hmm," she hummed to herself as she conducted a more detailed scan, "The Nano-tec in the woman seems to be more advanced than the ones in the man. They appeared to have evolved, and the techno virus I injected into her seems to have kicked them into a higher gear."

"We were told the nanites were used for covert operations, clocking, shape-shifting and keeping they host alive by any means necessary, but these are far more than that."

Azral watched Sive turn and look at the hidden scanner, she bared her teeth and suddenly the scanner over-loaded. "Aggh," Azriel said as she jumped back, as the console she was using overloaded. "Some sort of natural psionic disrupter. She knew I was scanning her, or at least the nanites did. I have to find out what's happening to her, and why she is so special."

Azril reactivated the com, "Blade, they are heading for the Bridge, use lethal force, but don't discinergrate them and don't shoot the human's in the head. I believe the nanites will keep her alive long enough to harvest it. A living head in a jar, with working ninates, should get you a good pay day, and I can study the bodies and the nanites to make the weapons you desire."

Blade smiled as he prepared his ambush, All weapons set to kill, block all scans including psionic, let them come to their own demise!"

Murdock was breathing heavily. Sive had killed the two man patrol before he had a chance to shoot either of them. She had moved faster than he had thought posable charging forward she had dodged the weapon fire and thrust her hands towards the two men. Shap metal swords had extended from them impaling both of the men, killing them instantly. Kahn and Nefer had held back not wanting to get close to her.

She was breathing heavily. This wasn't the same young woman he had tried to capture. She had been caring, not wanting to kill, smart, though she always had a temper. Now she seemed to have a blood lust, and as using her nanites to create weapons rather than discussing herself.

He walked over to her slowly, hoping to calm her down and console her, he placed his hand on her shoulder, "It's ok Sive..." Murdock started, but suddenly looked down Sive had spun around and thrust a sword through his stomach, Her eyes were black, a look of hate on her face. Murdock gasped, as Sive as raised her other hand, the sword ready to strike.

Suddenly Sive's black eyes went back to their normal green. The hate was replaced with horror at what she had just done. She blinked and looked from her raised hand with the blade at the end to the shocked Murdock who held onto his bleeding stomach. When Murdock started to sink to the floor, she hastily leaned over to help set him down. The swords in her hands hand reformed back into her own.

Sive closed her eyes willing her nanites to overcome the techno serum that had been injected into her. It was lucky her nanites were so plentiful and much stronger. She now directed them to contain the techno nanites so she could control them. Sive realized that they all needed the advantage that she now carried inside her body. She breathed as she felt herself gain control and turned to concentrate on the man bleeding in front of her.

Sending some of her nanites to heal Murdock, Sive then said, "Your going to be OK, you just need a bit of time to heal." Looking at Kahn and Nefer Sive sent them the message to find a safe place to hide from the enemy, until Murdock could at least walk with them.

Both animals ran off to do as she asked. Sive looked around, hoping that none of the enemy came across them in the corridor. She stood ready, briefly glanced at Murdock who seemed to have fallen unconscious and thought, "It's better like this, all of the nanites can concentrate on repairing the damage that I did. Oh gods, this unbelievable...what that woman/thing did to me. Well it doesn't matter, I have control of her little nanite fiends....and will use them to get off this hell ship.

As she stood over Murdock, she heard some distant voices. She got ready!

Blade had run out of patience. Waiting for the enemy to come to him was not his style. Still, Azriel had never steered him wrong. He had checked the sensors the group of four hadn't moved, in fact, one was flickering getting weaker. Wounded prey was always fun to hunt.

His Six men all had their weapons set to kill, and all had forcefields, all were under orders to shoot the legs and torso only. Even the animals would be studied and dissected. Azriel had told him how powerful he could be with these nanites, they had salvaged enough for one person, but without the host body, they were inert.

They left the bridge slowly heading towards the small group. His scanner now showed the animals, had fled. "Tel me doctor are you ready to die?" He said out loud before all of his men charged around the corner.

Blade was about to follow hoping he would get the kill shot, but when he turned the corner, he couldn't believe his eyes.

The young woman was standing in the corridor, what seemed like lightning emitting from her body striking all five of his men. They were all frozen, the energy striking they force fields and armour, freezing the services and the men's muscles in place.

Blade aimed and fired, but the laser beam struck the lightning, deflecting harmless away.

Sive slowly brought her hands to her chest, keeping her concentration. All the men fell to the ground, their weapons, armour and force field useless. Sive looked at Blade. Never had she felt so powerful. She pushed her hands towards him, and lightning shot forward, knocking him off his feet.

He slowly lifted his head and looked at Sive, energy floating all around her, her eyes shining brightly. He drew his pistol, firing over and over, the bullets bouncing off the energy.

Sive pushed her hand towards blade again, this time he moved the lightning striking the wall. Sive slowly made her way forward, she looked around the corner, but blade had vanished.

"Surrender" a voice came from behind her, she quickly turned to see blade pointing his pistol at the unconscious Murdock, who had reverted to his original form. "Surrender, or he dies,"

Sive concentrated, and the energy field failed, she looked at blade her eyes returning to normal.

Blade raised his gun pointing it at Sive, "Stupid girl," he whispered before he pulled the trigger.

Sive was suddenly right in front of him holding his throat, he had missed, "Noone can move that fast!" he thought, as Sive lifted him on the floor squeezing, her eyes turning black, fangs growing in her mouth. Blade in desperation pulled the trigger again, but he was out of bullets. He tried to break her grip, but she was too strong, she was crushing, his throat, he couldn't breathe!

"Sive!" Murdock shouted at the same time Nefer entered her mind.

"Don't kill him! You are in control, not the nanites. Don't be like him. You have a choice!" echoed around her mind.

Sive dropped Blade, and he gasped and coughed, unable to do anything else. Sive gave him a hard kick, and he flew across the corridor bouncing hard until he struck a wall and fell to the floor. "Hope that hurt," Sive said with a smile before helping Murdock up.

"I'm sorry," she said to Murdock.

"It's ok. I know it wasn't you," Murdock replied looking around, before limping after blade to make sure he was no longer a threat.

Sive looked at her hands. They were shaking. She had used too much energy, she needed time to recover from that attack. She looked at Murdock, and her eyes flashed black again. "I nearly killed him, and he has already forgiven me. I have to keep control. Else all will die by my hands."

Sives eyes went back to green again as she said those words to herself. She sighed....knowing she would need to replenish her energy reserves. She looked up at Murdock. He was already looking a lot better. She smiled, "Those nanites of mine can sure do a job of repairing. Do you need more time or shall we put these men in the brig? Murdock sighed, relieved to see Sive was back to normal. He replied " First off we should get these men secured in the brig, then get control of the ship." Sive nodded her head in agreement before adding, "Then all I want is to get off this Hell Ship!"

As she finished both Nefer and Kahn came trotting up to them. Sive smiled down at Nefer, thanking her for helping her to get control of the alien nanites. She looked at her companions and said, "The sooner we do that, the sooner I will get rid of the nanites injected into me by that bitch Azriel. I want some questions answered...like who did she work for and are they the same ones after me? If yes, then I guess you know where we will be headed next."

All three nodded their heads in agreement. Murdock and Kahn went to the storage bunker to find some kind of machine to cart the men to the brig. Sive and Nefer stayed behind to make sure their prisoners stayed put, giving Sive time to recharge her energy levels.

Last edited:
Azriel couldn't believe what her senses were telling her: A powerful energy emitting from one of the intruders. now all crew members except herself were unconscious.

She swallowed hard, were the nanites so powerful, they had taken out Blade and the others. She needed a plan, she looked over at the tube of nanites she had extracted from Jason and a smile flickered on her face.

She could chance her genetic code, making them compatible with her own biological systems, and her experiments had proved they would work with her cybernetics.

She wouldn't be as powerful as the Prime user, but her cybernetics would give her an edge. The Tecno virus she had injected into the woman, had not acted as expected. She had not expected a boost of power, just to finish the nanites evolution before extraction.

She could use it on the nanites she had taken, give her the same ability as long as she was close to the prime.

All she needed was time.

Murdock and Kahn came back with a automatic cargo vehicle. Once the humans had the unconscious men loaded Murdock programed the vehicle to proceed to the brig. As Sive and Murdock walked behind Sive said, " Once we get rid of these guys let's head for the bridge ." Murdock and the others nodded their heads in agreement.
Murdock guided the vehicle into one of the cells, disabled the vehicle before activating the forcefield. He then grinned at Sive as he pulled out his weapon, pointed it at the controls and blasted it.
Sive laughed," That should keep those guys out of our hair! She laughed again as they left the brig and the pile of men in the vehicle.

As they make their way to bridge, Kahn or Nefer would warn them of any approaching crewmen, giving the humans a chance to stun them. They finally arrived at the bridge and entered. Once inside Murdock programed the controls on the door to respond only to his voice, " That should hold off anyone trying to get in! Now let's get this ship on course to the nearest occupied planet "
Murdock sat down in the navigation seat and quickly programed the ship. Sive, Nefer and Khan all made themselves comfortable. When the ship didn't move, Murdock scanned the controls. He looked at Sive and said, " SHIT, it looks like something is blocking my command."

Sive couldn't help but reply, " Now what do we do?"

Last edited:
Murdock shrugged his shoulders in reply. He walked over the engineering console and pushed a few buttons. The ship slowed until it came to a stop. "Navigation is locked, we will have to enter an encrypted password, or reset the system. Since I don't want to talk to those bastards, I'm starting a system wide reset. Should be finished in a few hours."

Sive nodded and leant back in the captain's chair and closed her eyes. She was exhausted "Wake me when you are done," she replied before falling asleep.

Murdock watched her sleep for a moment before, speaking to Kahn. "We need to assess supplies. Everything is going to be offline except emergency power and life support and the holding cells.

Kahn nodded. Murdock realised he was treating the Dia wolf as if he was human, and Kahn appreciated being treated as an equal.

"I will stay with Sive," Nefer said, curling up on her lap.

Murdock and Kahn left the bridge, they couldn't lock the door, but both knew the danger was sealed away.

Murdock changed his appearance back to his original form before Kahn led the way to the cargo bay.

Azriel was happy watching the sensors... until they went offline. "Computer what is going on?" she asked, but got no reply. "Thay must have turned off the computer, trying to get control of the ship. She took the nanites and injected them into her arm. The pain was almost instant but soon started to subside. Her head twitched, and her eyes flashed as the nanites began to bond with her DNA which she had modified to match Sive's.

Just give me a little more time, then you will all die.

Nefer on Sive's lap moved and growled softly. She opened one of her eyes, didn't see anything, but still sensed that there was a grave danger approaching. She lifted her sleek head and stared at the closed entrance to the bridge. She could feel a menacing force coming directly towards them.

Finally Sive opened her eyes, having felt the same force that Nefer was sensing. It was familiar...but somehow stronger and more evil. Sive knew exactly what she was about to face. She sent orders for Nefer to find somewhere safe to hide. The wee cat swiftly leaped off Sive's lap and bounded over towards the com. unit pushing a slightly open cabinet door open and slipping inside. Only her blue eyes could be seen watching as Sive slowly stood up.

Sive was still tried from the recent fight, but knew for a fact that this was going to be worse...much worse! Her life would depend on how she used her remaining strength. She briefly hoped that Murdock and Kahn would come back soon. She put her hands out and closed her eyes...concentrating on keeping the door shut. Moments later she felt a fierce energy come crashing at the door. Sive doubled her output to keep the door shut.

The energy didn't stop, it only got stronger until Sive was forced to step back breathing heavily. The door shattered into a million pieces of metal. Azril stood motionless in the doorway with an evil smile on her face. Sive knew she was in for the fight of her life. Azril stepped inside the bridge and both women squared off, preparing to fight.

"How?" Sive shouted, as her eyes flashed with energy, "Your dead!"

"If that were true I wouldn't be able to do this," Azril replied as she thrust her hand forward, and lightning shot from her fingers.

Sive dived to the side, sprawling on the floor, before pushing her hand back as Azril, but she deflected the attack away, blowing a hole in the wall. Sive watched as Azril twitched, looking more mechanical than human.

Azril smiled, "Whats wrong Doctor, never fought someone who's abilities surpass your own."

Sive wasn't listening; she was losing control. She launched herself at the woman, her body covering itself in organic metal and long claws growing from her fingers, but before she got close Azril thrust her hand forward again. He fingers extended changing into strands of living material. They wrapped around Sive's arms and throat squeezing, and before Sive could react Azril slammed her into the floor, then a wall, smashing the Sive over and over.

Sive couldn't fight back, she was using her nanites just to stay conscious, "Keep control," she whispered to herself, now knowing it was her only chance. Azril strung her up, her fingers, like rope holding the by her arms and one like a noose around her neck. Now she had a moment Sive concentrated Spikes springing from her body trying to cut the tendrils that held her, but Azril pushed her second hand forward, it changing into a long sword, piercing Sives metal skin, and thrusting straight through her stomach.

Sive coughed, her blood dripped from her mouth and the wound. She looked at Azril, and what she saw scared her. Azril eyes were spraying sparks. Energy was flowing all over her. "Your nanites are mine now, and I'm not afraid to use their full potential."

Sive gasped in pain and surprise as Azril twisted the blade. "You are not compatible, you're going to self-destruct," she gasped.

"Please give me some credit. I changed my DNA to match yours," Azril said with a smile, but Sive could see she was pushing the nanites too hard.

"You matched my DNA?" Sive asked, then realised what she had done. A smile flickered across her face, she couldn't help it.

"Whats so funny?" Azril asked as she pulled out the blade and went to grab Sive by the throat, but her hand turned to goo, not able to hold the young woman.

"My DNA is enhanced. I did it myself. This form isn't my true self, nor my true DNA. A few people share some similar traits, that's how they can use the nanites, but I have seen what is happening to you. You are not compatible, and with that thing, you did to hyper-evolve the nanites, it's accelerating and evolving too quickly for your body to cope."

"You are wrong! I am you're superior, my mind, my DNA, my willing to use your nanites. Even my cybernetic systems are evolving because of what I have... I have ... done."

Sive was concentrating trying to shut the nanites down in Azril, but she was blocking her signals. Please let me help you before it's too late!"

Azril sneered and threw Sive across the room. "You think you can trick... trick me!" Azril stuttered as a burst of energy exploded off her, causing the doors to fly off their supports.

She thrust her hand towards Sive, but this time Sive managed to deflect the energy. Sive fell to her knees she was hurt, spent but knew she was still better off than Azril.

Azril staggered towards Sive. She had never felt so powerful, never imagined how she would feel with the nanites. She was a god! Her mind felt like it was on fire. She roared in anger, her arm extending grabbing shives Leg, But now Sive was ready. She grabbed hold of Azril's arm, and energy flowed along it straight into Azril, overloading her cybernetic's.

Azril screamed in pain before her arm fell off. Sive couldn't believe it. Azril looked at her shoulder, and a new arm flowed from it this one made of pure energy. She pushed her new hand at Sive, lightning raining in all directions, but Sives nanites had created an energy shield, and it held.

Sive looked at the woman, her eyes had melted and her skin was on fire, her cybernetic systems were shutting down. Only hate and the ninates were keeping her going. It was too late for her, but if Sive didn't get away and quickly, she might not survive herself.

She launched herself like a rocket sliding between Azril's legs heading for the open door, but a tendril grabbed her leg. Sive watched in horror as Azril's head spun around 180 degrees, the flesh was gone leaving just a skull, metal plates, and energy.

Sive slashed at the tendril, snapping it with her claws, before pushing her hands towards Azril. Energy flew from her hands knocking Azril backwards and pushing Sive through the open door and down the corridor.

"This way!" Nefer shouted in her mind as she ran past Sive turning the Corner, and Sive followed as fast as she could.

Azril couldn't think. She had lost control. She screamed in pain as her leg fell off, her cybernetic parts started melting, and her head started twisting around rapidly. Energy was exploding out of her, what was left of her organic systems dissolving into slime. She screamed with the last of her energy, before exploding. The nanites firing themselves in a huge storm of energy.

Sive was running down the corridor. She felt the shockwave of the explosion. The energy was flowing down the corridor after her. She scooped up Nefer and shot forward. "This way Murdock shouted, by an escape pod, Sive jumped into his arms, and Murdock pulled the lever.

The escape pod launched from the ship, and just seconds later the ship exploded.

Murdock swallowed, he hadn't expected it to be that close. Kahn growled as he tried to sit on him. "Are you ok?" he asked Sive. but Sive was already asleep, exhausted from what had just happened.

"She will be," Nefer replied, "We should go back, find Darlla and Brant. There should be a ship still there, and a lab, so Sive can repair the damage that woman did to her."

Murdock took the helm in the cramped space and set a course back to the planet. "We are going to be stuck in here a while, he said, as the pod shot through space."

Back