Kreepy Kavanaugh

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Kreepy Kavanaugh


Dick Durbin Sent Kavanaugh 2007 Letter About Misleading Senate Testimony. Kavanaugh Lied.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-Misleading-Senate-Testimony-He-ll-Be-Grilled

Boston said no to Kreepy Kavanaugh

http://www.wbur.org/news/2018/07/10/kavanaugh-nomination-massachusetts-reaction

Arse Weasel Ralph Reed and all of his pals, love this


Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Ralph Reed: Reed called Kavanaugh a justice “in the model of Antonin Scalia.” In an email to supporters, Reed said:


"If Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed, conservatives will have a rock-solid 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court for the first time in generation."

Federalist Society
Heritage Foundation
Family Research Council
Americans United for Life
Operation Rescue
Texas Right to Life
Susan B. Anthony List
(Susan is whirling in her grave)

National Organization for Marriage
Liberty Counsel
Gun Owners of America
American Center for Law & Justice
National Religious Broadcasters


http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...e-trump-scotus-nomination-of-brett-kavanaugh/
 
Sorry.

We are not starting this shit until tomorrow.
 
Durbin apologizes for remarks on abuse

Kreepy Kavanaugh

Dick Durbin Sent Kavanaugh 2007 Letter About Misleading Senate Testimony. Kavanaugh Lied.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-Misleading-Senate-Testimony-He-ll-Be-Grilled

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

Durbin, the Democratic whip, acknowledged that "more than most people, a senator lives by his words" but that "occasionally words will fail us and occasionally we will fail words." Choking up, he said: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/21/AR2005062101654.html?noredirect=on
 
Creepy Mitch McConnell

In 2016, McConnell said the Senate should not vote on Scalia’s replacement less than 24 hours after the conservative justice died.

McConnell is confident of a swift approval of Kreepy Kavanaugh


Now that Kavanaugh has been nominated, Republicans will race to confirm him before the midterms, while Democrats will try to convince a handful of senators that it’s in everyone’s best interest to wait until the people have spoken this fall


https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-supreme-court-pick-697532/


James Poniewozik

@poniewozik
Mitch McConnell is on my TV blasting Democrats for refusing to consider the president’s SCOTUS nominee no matter what. Yes, *that* Mitch McConnell:

3:51 PM - Jul 9, 2018


Demand Progress
@demandprogress
·
21h
Trump's SCOTUS pick #BrettKavanaugh is an enemy of #NetNeutrality and has sided with big cable companies in the lower courts. 86% of Americans support a free and open internet, this guy clearly doesn't

Demand Progress
@demandprogress
·
1h
Trump Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh's views on #netneutrality , Big Cable and the 1st Amendment are scary as hell



Trump’s Supreme Court pick: ISPs have 1st Amendment right to block websites


President Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh—from his anti-abortion views to his past opinions favoring the interests of big polluters—advocacy groups are warning that the 53-year-old judge's established record of hostility to net neutrality and support for mass surveillance shows that his confirmation would spell "disaster for internet freedom."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...ump-supreme-court-pick-kavanaugh-despises-net
 
Tell me all the selacious details...

Yup, Kreepy is a very good adjective for this guy who fancies himself as a pious altar boy and family man.

The questions he drafted for Ken Starr were downright creepy, having to do with how many times Bill ejaculated in Monica's mouth and whether Bill finished one time by ejaculating in a White House sink. Here is this oh-so-moral guy who acted like Clinton had done the most dastardly deed in history, wanting to confirm every last salacious detail of sexual activities that had nothing to do with what Starr had originally been asked to investigate.
 
Kreepy Kavanaugh was not sufficiently conservative, enough, for the American Family Association

But the AFA had dropped their objections. What does the AFA know about Kreepy Kavanaugh, that we do not ?

"The American Family Association (AFA) had opposed the elevation of Kavanaugh, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, to the Supreme Court because “we are deeply concerned about how he might ultimately rule on issues related to abortion and religious liberty,” said a statement on the AFA’s website. “For these reasons, we consider this nomination to represent a four-star appointment when it could have been five-star."

What caused the American Family Association to walk back their objections ?

"We eagerly await the confirmation hearings when we hope to get clarification from Judge Kavanaugh on aspects related to our concerns."


The AFA’s concerns about the solidly conservative Kavanaugh rose out of his allowance that “the Government has a compelling interest in facilitating access to contraception for the employees of … religious organizations,” something he based on the Supreme Court’s finding in Hobby Lobby’s challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s mandate for employers to cover contraceptives in employee health insurance plans.

American Family Association's objection-


"Although Judge Kavanaugh decided correctly in court case Priests for Life v. US Dep't of Health & Human Services, he wrote a moderate opinion disagreeing with the Priests on a foundational constitutional religious liberty principle," read the original statement from AFA president Tim Wildmon, now taken down but quoted by the Christian Broadcasting Network and other sources. "Judge Kavanaugh unnecessarily conceded in his opinion that the government has a compelling interest to force religious organizations to provide contraceptives and abortifacients for employees. Kavanaugh's concession created a dangerous precedent."


https://www.advocate.com/politics/2018/7/10/right-wingers-love-kavanaugh-big-exception
 
A Sexual-Misconduct Allegation Against the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Stirs Tension Among Democrats in Congress

September 14, 2018

On Thursday, Senate Democrats disclosed that they had referred a complaint regarding President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, to the F.B.I. for investigation. The complaint came from a woman who accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when they were both in high school, more than thirty years ago.


Feinstein’s decision to handle the matter in her own office, without notifying other members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, stirred concern among her Democratic colleagues. For several days, Feinstein declined requests from other Democrats on the Judiciary Committee to share the woman’s letter and other relevant communications. A source familiar with the committee’s activities said that Feinstein’s staff initially conveyed to other Democratic members’ offices that the incident was too distant in the past to merit public discussion, and that Feinstein had “taken care of it.” On Wednesday, after media inquiries to the Democratic members multiplied, and concern among congressional colleagues increased, Feinstein agreed to brief the other Democrats on the committee, with no staff present.

Sources familiar with Feinstein’s decision suggested that she was acting out of concern for the privacy of the accuser, knowing that the woman would be subject to fierce partisan attacks if she came forward. Feinstein also acted out of a sense that Democrats would be better off focussing on legal, rather than personal, issues in their questioning of Kavanaugh. Sources who worked for other members of the Judiciary Committee said that they respected the need to protect the woman’s privacy, but that they didn’t understand why Feinstein had resisted answering legitimate questions about the allegation. “We couldn’t understand what their rationale is for not briefing members on this. This is all very weird,” one of the congressional sources said. Another added, “She’s had the letter since late July. And we all just found out about it.”


https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...ugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

On Thursday, Feinstein announced that she had referred the matter to the F.B.I.


In a statement, an F.B.I. spokesperson said, “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.”


From NPR-

The woman (victim of assault) declined to be interviewed by the New Yorker.


On Friday Feinstein's spokesman issued a statement that didn't detail the contents of the letter, but acknowledged it was about a claim of sexual misconduct.

According to the New York Times, which reported on the letter about the alleged incident, the FBI sent the information to the White House on Thursday to add it to Kavanaugh's background check file, but has not opened an investigation on the matter.


https://www.npr.org/2018/09/14/6478...ation-of-sexual-misconduct-during-high-school

The Return of Ladies Against Women

Senator John Cornyn
@JohnCornyn
·
Sep 13

Let me get this straight: this is statement about secret letter regarding a secret matter and an unidentified person. Right


2:24 PM · Sep 13, 2018


Kavanaugh, at Georgetown Preparatory School, an all-boys school in Bethesda, Maryland

Friday, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a letter written by 65 women

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/14/17860488/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-georgetown-prep-defense


:rolleyes:


Kavanaugh is their key to ending abortion, and restricting birth control.


Kavanaugh explained the case this way: "That was a group that was being forced to provide a certain kind of coverage over their religious objection to their employees. And under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the question was first was this a substantial burden on the religious exercise."

"It seemed to me quite clearly it was. It was a technical matter of filling out a form. In that case they said filling out the form would make them complicit in the provision of the abortion-inducing drugs that they were, as a religious matter, objecting to."

That phrase, "abortion-inducing drugs," is one the right-wing glommed onto to intentionally confuse contraception with other drugs.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-slips-calls-birth-control


The Guttmacher Institute, in 2014, explained how extreme this is:

Yet, these same mainstream antiabortion groups have not shied away from asserting in other contexts that certain methods of contraception are actually methods of abortion. They have in effect selectively embraced the core “personhood” argument—that U.S. policy should in some circumstances recognize pregnancy as beginning at fertilization—as a way to undermine access to birth control. That strategy reached a new high water mark when it featured centrally in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, the high-profile 2014 U.S. Supreme Court case that granted certain for-profit employers an exemption from the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA’s) contraceptive coverage guarantee. During this debate, leading organizations dedicated to banning abortion unequivocally endorsed the view—in legal briefs, press statements and elsewhere—that emergency contraceptives and IUDs constitute abortion.

It is medically untrue, and Kavanaugh just revealed his extremist, fundamentalist, misogynistic views toward women and their right to control their bodies.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-slips-calls-birth-control
 
You seem very exercised about the next Supreme Court Justice.

That is unfortunate.

"John, elections have consequences." - Barack Hussein Obama
 
Only three female Yale Law School classmates signed onto a letter supporting Kavanaugh earlier this year.



Marty Lederman
@marty_lederman

1/ Another example of "What were they thinking?" The only noteworthy thing about this letter of support for Brett Kavanaugh from his Yale Law School classmates is that they could persuade only 23 of the 175+ class members to sign--and only three women

9:42 PM - Aug 27, 2018
 
Only three female Yale Law School classmates signed onto a letter supporting Kavanaugh earlier this year.



Marty Lederman
@marty_lederman

1/ Another example of "What were they thinking?" The only noteworthy thing about this letter of support for Brett Kavanaugh from his Yale Law School classmates is that they could persuade only 23 of the 175+ class members to sign--and only three women

9:42 PM - Aug 27, 2018

Points and laughs at the obvious hole in the theory. They got 0 out of 175 to accuse him of misbehavior.

No matter how many desperate articles you read and repost here he's still going to be the next Supreme Court Justice
 
Only three female Yale Law School classmates signed onto a letter supporting Kavanaugh earlier this year.



Marty Lederman
@marty_lederman

1/ Another example of "What were they thinking?" The only noteworthy thing about this letter of support for Brett Kavanaugh from his Yale Law School classmates is that they could persuade only 23 of the 175+ class members to sign--and only three women

9:42 PM - Aug 27, 2018

Over 60 women have signed a letter of support.
 
Only three female Yale Law School classmates signed onto a letter supporting Kavanaugh earlier this year.



Marty Lederman
@marty_lederman

1/ Another example of "What were they thinking?" The only noteworthy thing about this letter of support for Brett Kavanaugh from his Yale Law School classmates is that they could persuade only 23 of the 175+ class members to sign--and only three women

9:42 PM - Aug 27, 2018

You people have made a mockery of the confirmation process in the US Senate. Diane Feinstein is a disgrace to the Senate and to the country. She has dishonored her office and should be removed from the Judiciary Committee.
 
You people have made a mockery of the confirmation process in the US Senate. Diane Feinstein is a disgrace to the Senate and to the country. She has dishonored her office and should be removed from the Judiciary Committee.

Ruth Bader-Ginsburg has bemoaned the circus. She was confirmed 97 to 3 I think and Scalia unanimously.
 
Sixty five women purportedly knew Kavanaugh during his rape-y high school days.

He attended an all-male prep school.
 
Sixty five women purportedly knew Kavanaugh during his rape-y high school days.

He attended an all-male prep school.

Yeah 65 women vouching for an all-male prep school guy is over the top and smacks of a high school rent-boy. That said, it was high school, before even the law requires someone to have good judgment and, until it goes beyond a single very belated she said/he said, I don't think much could/should be made of it. Others could come out of the woodwork from later periods now, of course. It was sort of an attention getter that she turns out to be a university professor of high academic standing. Shades of Anita Hill (which didn't cause the appointment to go bust).
 
Character assassination by the left is nothing new. :)


quote-of-the-contentious-hearings-for-his-nomination-as-a-supreme-court-justice-this-is-a-circus-it-s-clarence-thomas-311143.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top