What's for dinner?

I've been partial to Macintosh apples for a long time now, but I'll try Granny Smith again. I've actually forgotten how they taste, sweet I hope.

Actally quite tart.

Tonight was tossed salad with cheddar topped bbq turkey meatloaf burgers, and diced fresh nectarine on vanilla ice cream.

Butterflied boneless chicken breast, brined and grilled with zucchini 'steaks.'

I topped the chicken with a fresh salsa that was mostly tomato, avocado and serrano pepper. I elected to leave the seeds and ribs in the serrano, so the salsa was a little eye-watering.

Bacon-wrapped chicken skewers off the grill, with summer squash (from the garden!) sautéed with cherry tomatoes.

London broil marinated in Italian dressing, onion, garlic
Eggplant coins
corn
potato slices

off the grill, charcoal and applewood.

Tacos, using leftover pulled pork that I cooked yesterday - slow cooked for nearly six hours with cider and apple that was then reduced down to make the sauce. (There nearly wasn't any left over, but we would have made ourselves sick if we'd tried to eat it all.)

Long day tomorrow, especially long for my husband, who's down a man in the ER, so we're stuffing ourselves with picnic fried chicken, a quick New orlean's-style Sausage Gumbo and white rice I made earlier, and baked apple beignets for dessert

Long day tomorrow, especially long for my husband, who's down a man in the ER, so we're stuffing ourselves with picnic fried chicken, a quick New orlean's-style Sausage Gumbo and white rice I made earlier, and baked apple beignets for dessert

Hmmmmmmm, sounds like a treat to me!

Tonight was baby broccoli florets, microwaved, mixed with a jarred alfredo sauce (don't judge, I'm a working mom) and gluten free rotini pasta over chicken breast sauteed in olive oil and butter. I add a pinch of nutmeg and fresh ground black pepper to the alfredo sauce.

Boudin Blanc with onion soup gratinée, corn fritters, and a 20-minute New Orleans Andouille Sausage Gumbo over steamed white rice with a Mediterranean salad on the side

Back