Tell me why the weather has become so destructive!

zombie-crawling-450x263.jpg
]


I am sure this is just the precurser to the zombie apocalypse. I will be monitoring this thread for important updates!
 
Tell me why the weather has become so destructive!

The secret is the weather has NOT become appreciably worse.

We do have severe storms periodically but they are rare. Your local news tends to hype any storm to boost the "Global Warming" fantasy. Name almost ANY storm, I'll name an old storm that was worse.

Here in NC we have only had 1 hurricane in the last 8 years.
 
"Carly Fiorina did a 4-minute riff on climate change."

" Everything she said was wrong."

"Fiorina's comments are a farrago of falsehoods and red herrings, a derp different in character from science-denial derp, but no less.

http://wonkette.com/593170/carly-fiorina-says-all-the-stupid-on-climate-change-and-then-some

gsgs comment-

Fiorina is very good at telling lies. You would never know that she was giving out information that was utterly false! The supporters of Fiorina seem to very pleased with her performance. She said everything that they wanted to hear. Do her supporters ever want to hear the truth, about anything ?

(Until you read the facts and data.)

/end gsgs comment
 
Hurricane Fred now holds the record for the easternmost hurricane formation in the tropics.

(Storms moving East ? You don't say!)

Looking back through the annals, just 11 hurricanes formed east of 30 degrees west, and of those, 10 were in the deep tropics (classic “Cape Verde” hurricane formations).

Back in 2005, Hurricane Vince briefly reached hurricane intensity while tracking toward Portugal and was further east than Fred when it did so. It was also much farther north, and outside the tropics. These records extend back to 1851.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-a-fountain-of-firsts-in-the-atlantic-ocean/


A hurricane, with winds of up to 140km/h (85mph) has hit the island nation of Cape Verde, off the coast of West Africa.

The government has grounded all flights until further notice.
No hurricane has ever been recorded further east in the tropical Atlantic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34107755

The last time a hurricane was in the Cape Verde Islands, John F. Kennedy was the President of the United States…1961. The time before that Benjamin Harrison was in the White House…1892. The ten islands that make up the Cape Verdes are located very close to a hurricane breeding ground, but you may find it a little surprising that the island country off the coast of West Africa doesn’t get many hurricanes.


So, why doesn’t the Cape Verde Islands get many hurricanes?

Location. Location. Location. The islands are located just to the north of what is known as the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ). This is an area around the equator where northeast and southeast winds come together. Where the winds converge, warm and humid air rises into the atmosphere creating thunderstorms. This convergence zones varies in position throughout the year, but it comes just south of the Cape Verdes in the summer. This area on the globe is a tropical storm breeding ground. Many storms originate from the ITCZ. The Great New England Hurricane of 1938, which devastated Rhode Island, originated off the coast of Africa. Storms which originate near the Cape Verde Islands are called Cape Verde storms, but surprisingly, the island country gets very few hurricanes.


http://wpri.com/blog/2015/08/30/fred-a-rare-hurricane-for-cape-verde-islands/
 
The secret is the weather has NOT become appreciably worse.

We do have severe storms periodically but they are rare. Your local news tends to hype any storm to boost the "Global Warming" fantasy. Name almost ANY storm, I'll name an old storm that was worse.

Here in NC we have only had 1 hurricane in the last 8 years.

I beg to differ.


http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122342/2015-year-record-breaking-extreme-weather

The “State of the Climate,” released annually by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, found that 2014 was a record year for extreme weather: the "warmest year across global land and ocean surfaces since records began in 1880." In other words, it was the hottest year ever recorded on Earth. This year is shaping up to be no different, as 2015 has seen record-breaking heat, cold, precipitation, and drought. Here's a running list of this year's frightening new milestones.

January
Globally, January was the second warmest on record, and the sea ice cover in the Arctic was at its third smallest.

February

Boston endured 64.8 inches of snow, the snowiest month in the city's history. The last of the snow didn't melt until July.

March
New York and Vermont experienced record cold temperatures for the first three months of the year, beating records set almost a century ago.

April
California snowpack shrunk to record low levels, as a result of drought and warmer winter temperatures.

South Dakota had its driest January to April ever, reaching a mere 42 percent of its average precipitation for early spring.

May
Alaska had its warmest May on record.

Florida had its hottest March to May ever.

Tropical Storm Ana, when it made landfall in South Carolina, became the second-earliest tropical cyclone to hit the U.S. in recorded history.

Oklahoma and Texas had their wettest month of any month on record, with widespread flooding across the region.

June
Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio had their wettest June on record.

Pakistan suffered its deadliest heat wave ever, with the death toll topping 1,100. The heat index peaked at 121 degrees.

California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington all had their hottest June ever.

So did the Earth.

In fact, the first six months combined were the hottest ever. Combined with the last six months of 2014, it was the hottest 12-year stretch in 136 years of record-keeping.

July
A heat wave brought record temperatures across Europe, as Germany hit an all-time high of 104.5 degrees.

Due to Tropical Storm Dolores, California received more rain over a single weekend than it did during the entire month of January, usually the state’s rainiest month.
 
Don't forget what we take as normal may not be so. We now live at a time of historically low ocean levels. There is zero hope of them staying at these levels over the long run. Now it may take six thousand years to start to really change. And in the world geographic history 6k years is squat. Our best scientific equipment has that as an error factor. And is about the length of time we humans have been civilized. Hell we may not even be around in six thousand years.

With weather and climate you have to think long term. It's the only way to pick trends out of chaotic data. It takes a super-computer to model world climate options.
 
Get used to strong weather. There will be more. And more.

Get ready for more mass migrations of refugees from drought.

Get ready for the submergence of lowlands. Kiss Florida adios, mofo.

Get ready for the breakdown of oceanic circulation. Watch Europe freeze.

Remember: Humans are water's means for being transported from place to place.
 
Storm Frank: Freak weather to hit UK and could make North Pole 50F hotter than normal

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...0-50-degrees-hotter-than-normal-a6789916.html

NewsScience

Storm Frank: Freak weather to hit UK and could make North Pole 50F hotter than normal

One commentator described the temperature changes as being ‘as odd as witnessing Hell freezing over"


With those strange northern weather events will come an Icelandic storm that might be among the most vigorous ever, according to the Washington Post.


The North Pole is estimated to reach freezing or 32F (0C) early Wednesday morning, according to the Washington Post. If the temperatures get that high, it would be around 50F hotter than the usual temperature, which is around 20F below zero (-29C), the paper reported.

The climate and environment blogger described seeing such temperatures in December as being “as odd as witnessing Hell freezing over”.

“But, in this case, the latest wave of warmth issuing from a human-driven shift toward climatological hell appears to be on schedule to arrive at the North Pole in just a few more days,” he wrote.
 
Storm Frank: Freak weather to hit UK and could make North Pole 50F hotter than normal

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...0-50-degrees-hotter-than-normal-a6789916.html

NewsScience

Storm Frank: Freak weather to hit UK and could make North Pole 50F hotter than normal

One commentator described the temperature changes as being ‘as odd as witnessing Hell freezing over"


With those strange northern weather events will come an Icelandic storm that might be among the most vigorous ever, according to the Washington Post.


The North Pole is estimated to reach freezing or 32F (0C) early Wednesday morning, according to the Washington Post. If the temperatures get that high, it would be around 50F hotter than the usual temperature, which is around 20F below zero (-29C), the paper reported.

The climate and environment blogger described seeing such temperatures in December as being “as odd as witnessing Hell freezing over”.

“But, in this case, the latest wave of warmth issuing from a human-driven shift toward climatological hell appears to be on schedule to arrive at the North Pole in just a few more days,” he wrote.

http://blog.cleanenergy.org/files/2015/03/sky-is-falling.jpg
 
Fire fire!! Oh no, weather is happening! Must be a slow day for the terrorists.

Weather is the cornerstone of small talk, just like "how are you?" No one cares unless it impacts them. We love giving the knowing nod to each other, a silent conversation that says nothing and everything when it comes to weather. Even better is when we can add the shocked face, because that means so much more.

We should be concerned about the next doomsday, now that's an event that will get people talking...no? How about the next meteor passing too close to the earth? The next big hole in the ozone?

I know...why did Han need to die in the new Star Wars? That should get the conversation started!
 
I think that anyone who can't see that the weather is getting increasingly more violent across the globe with increasing frequency has their head firmly planted in their ass. Or is a Republican (which is more or less the same thing).
 
I'll be glued to the weather channel for the latest updates. Snow in Texas you say....outrageous.
 
I'll be glued to the weather channel for the latest updates. Snow in Texas you say....outrageous.
Fuck Texas. There's a foot of snow in Mexico.

http://news.yahoo.com/biggest-snow-storm-decades-hits-north-mexico-191315527.html
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico) (AFP) - Some roads remained closed in northern Mexico on Monday after the biggest snow storm in more than half a century blanketed parts of the region, authorities said.

The weekend snowfall covered 32 towns in the state of Chihuahua, which borders the US states of Texas and New Mexico, with some places hit by accumulations of 30 centimeters (12 inches) and temperatures of minus-18 Celsius (zero Fahrenheit).
 
I think that anyone who can't see that the weather is getting increasingly more violent across the globe with increasing frequency has their head firmly planted in their ass. Or is a Republican (which is more or less the same thing).

What are you going to do about it?

Ohhhh that's right, nothing.

Go stare at yourself in the mirror a bit more, you may almost be able to fool yourself that you look like your avatar.
 
Listening to Owain Wynn Evans reply to a news reporter's question.

"Do we accept the new extreme weather, as the new normal ?"


The new extreme weather has given the United States budget indigestion.
The States that refuse to prepare resources for coping with extreme weather, have demanded money, resources, and labor from the government.


As Storm Frank heads to the Arctic, it leaves flooding behind.

UK budget problems.


Cost of UK floods tops £5bn


We believe that there is a serious level of under-insurance and would estimate this economic impact to be as significant as the insured event, to the tune of an additional £1bn,” he said.



http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/28/uk-floods-costs-financial-ruin
 
What are you going to do about it?

Ohhhh that's right, nothing.

Go stare at yourself in the mirror a bit more, you may almost be able to fool yourself that you look like your avatar.

I'm obviously not going to care what you think about it, especially if you can't even observe what's going on around you. :rolleyes:

Happily I live in a pretty much unthreatened spot. There are a lots of places that I don't think I'd be stupid enough to live because of the worsening weather patterns.
 
The Weather Channel started naming storms.
The National Weather Service names hurricanes.

Both weather conditions are destructive and costly.

2011 Storm Alfred ("Snowtober")

2012 Hurricaine Sandy and Storm Athena

Enormous weather system

National Weather Service refuses to recognize The Weather Channel's naming system

2013 Storm Nemo

2014 Snow and severe cold
Storm Juno

2015 Relentless snow
Storm Ajax

2016 Colossal sized weather systems


Was the Polar Vortex around, before they thought up a name for it ?


I am naming the Polar Vortex that is traveling through New England!

Mitt Romney has a ring to it...
 
Tell me why the weather has become so destructive?

It's just Mother Gaia's way of telling the Koch Bro's, "Fuck You!"
 
Global Warming, Climate Change, AGW, Abrupt Climate Change, Global Cooling

All of the above have been claimed at one point or another since the 80's.

Unfortunately, this subject has become a religion on the left and within the media. The "Science" is proven regardless of the weather. Lots of snow - Global Warming. Floods - Climate Change. Tornados, Hurricanes, Earthquakes - if they happen at all...it's due to AGW.

Obviously, I'm a skeptic. That statement alone will bring on the name-calling, derision and insults, which reinforces my skepticism. When all else fails...call people names. That is exactly the behavior seen within the climate change community. Toe the line...or else.

Surface temperature data is crap and the climate models are almost universally wrong. 95% of Climate models incorrectly predicted the weather. No surprise, they predicted more warming than actually took place.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/06/climate-change-is-real-too-bad-accurate-climate-models-arent/

Satellite and Surface Data diverge. Even Michael Mann has admitted there's a pause in "warming"...but wait...it's a 'false pause'.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/30/grasping-for-pause-ible-deniability-on-climate-change/

NOAA produces crap for data. It's manipulated and compromised. The very fact that a public agency won't disclose information to congress is indicative of how 'in the tank' they are for Climate Change.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/04/n...a-to-erase-the-15-year-global-warming-hiatus/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/30/noaa-quietly-reinstates-july-1936-as-the-hottest-month-on-record/

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/06/...mpt-to-create-warming-by-adjusting-past-data/

Bottom line: If you're on the left - you believe. There's no room for dissent, so you really have no choice.

If you're in the center or on the right - you mostly roll your eyes.

Last Point....unless China or India or the developing nations cut back on their emissions...NOTHING we do in the US will matter. But, but, but....the US can be a "global leader"...tell that to China who's building a new coal plant almost every month. Tell that to India, a country with 1.2 billion people.

The agenda behind climate change is control....that's it...a naked power grab.
I see you've gone cherry picking. At least you acknowledge that warming has taken place.

But to criticize the adjustment of NOAA's dataset in one hand, and hold up the UAH lower troposphere dataset as an example of reality in the other, is pretty wild. The UAH set has been adjusted seven ways to Sunday.

UAHcorrections.jpg


And yeah, the satellite and surface measurements diverge. It's what you expect from greenhouse warming. It leads to upper atmosphere cooling, because more heat is retained in the lower atmosphere.
 
Get rid of the internet and go back to landline phones and watch the reported incidence of storms and shit go way down.
 
The warming, if any has taken place, is due to natural planetary fluctuations. That's it.

Two things about the data:
First, the changes in the satellite data is captured in your chart. Is there any indication that temperature readings taken decades ago is adjusted to be 'cooler' and recent temperature readers are adjusted to be higher....no surprise...showing warming?

Second, where are the adjustments to the surface data? Surely, they're available in a similar chart. The methodology, the rational, where is that for surface data?

Finally, my articles about NOAA was intended to spotlight their 'behavior'....more than the data. It's hard to assert cherry-picking when i post all my links....
Your "95% of climate models" claim was straight from the Federalist, which charted the UAH satellite data for proof, not the surface data.
 
Back
Top