Nightfall - (Firefly OOC)

it has a much much worse posting system. it's practically lobotomized.

And there's ads. Ads that drive me insane just to look at them. I've practically begged Yahoo! to let me pay for the service so I won't have to see ads.

But worst of all? There's no gorramn "edit" button. FFS.

yep.

it's not the people stopping me from bringing back Metallo (because he was a very cool character), it's the awful bulletin board Yahoo is using!

if I coulda brought him into this thread I would have.

Yeah.

Bionics aren't advanced enough-- the rare exceptions like Fisher's arm and Tracy's innards aside, Dobson's cyborg eye couldn't even give him good depth perception after Mal shot him in the head the first time.

We don't have any kind of Kryptonite substitute-- "unobtanium" would be well-named in this neck of The 'Verse. Yeah, we could run him on transuranics or a smaller version of a Firefly's radion core, but the smaller you make a spaceship engine, the harder it is to explain.

Also: I don't believe there's any mention of A.I. in The 'Verse, just as there's no revelation of alien life, so Oz'd be right out.

It's a gorramn tragedy. :(

Plus, he'd obviously be Alliance property, & they would be turning the Verse inside out looking for him!!

River would be put on the backburner big time!

Yep.

I kinda like that Firefly combines high & low tech. You have such a range of things you can draw from. From holigrams to horses.

Yeah Yahoo is trashy and archaic. You're much braver than I for sticking there.

Yeah Yahoo is trashy and archaic. You're much braver than I for sticking there.

I don't think it's so much bravery as bullheaded stubbornness.

Or it's my inner wolf showing. I've got my teeth in something and I'll be damned if I'll drop it.

Back