PM Question for the Ladies

jason28053

Mostly Gone
Ladies, I am curious if any of you ever PM a guy first.. or do you just wait to get a PM?

I;m going to just go ahead and answer this one, on sheer principle.

Yes, if you're worthy, the Ladies of Lit will PM you, if they have a reason to

On an average basis I do. Although I couldn't tell you exactly what that average is. Why wait when you can go after what you want? ;)

Ladies, I am curious if any of you ever PM a guy first.. or do you just wait to get a PM?

Yes, I do. :D

I usually try to find something in common as an excuse, but not always. Sometimes I just pm to say Hey! :):)

I'm a friendly kitty. :D

:cattail:

You're welcome.

Be engaging and interesting in your posts.

I don't understand why PMing is not equal opportunity, that is not something I have knowledge about why someone would wait for their box to fill.

You're welcome.

Be engaging and interesting in your posts.

I don't understand why PMing is not equal opportunity, that is not something I have knowledge about why someone would wait for their box to fill.

And why would one wait to fill such a beautiful box? :kiss:

I believe I will go George Orwell on this and say, as far as PMs go:

All initial PMs are equal, but some are more equal than others. :)

What tempted you to PM? if I may ask

One was someone on Ampics who had a really great thread, the other was to someone who had been post chasing me for a while. He seemed interesting, and hadn't PMd me.

For me, that I don't send PMs first is mainly about time - I had a pic thread that was work to maintain, and a full inbox that I try to get to. I do try to respond to everyone, but again, I just don't have the time. Since I've abandoned my thread, my inbox is much more manageable though. Perhaps I'll be more proactive with those PMs . . .

And why would one wait to fill such a beautiful box? :kiss:

I believe I will go George Orwell on this and say, as far as PMs go:

All initial PMs are equal, but some are more equal than others. :)

Awww, hello tim. Thank you!

One was someone on Ampics who had a really great thread, the other was to someone who had been post chasing me for a while. He seemed interesting, and hadn't PMd me.

As she states, that's usually all it is. Post with (not stalk) people. If there is some common interest, you'll likely see it on the threads and one party will PM the other. Play, patience, PM. For some of us with deliciously saturated audio samples, their PM box might be more unmanageable than others. ;)

Awww, hello tim. Thank you!

Welcome, as always. :rose:

I have done that quite often. If you said something cool or interesting or you just have an amazing sense of humour, ya I am gonna tell you. :)

I've PM'd a guy first before. If I had to guess, the ratio is that they've usually sent the first PM. However, whoever PMs first isn't the determining factor of whether or not the relationship gets on to the next level.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, so...

I do. I send dudes unsolicited PMs anytime I want to, especially if I wanna say something to 'em.
For some reason, I'm reminded of when I was in the fourth grade and wanted to call Sean Ware (my crush) to ask him if he'd switch dance partners so he'd be my partner, not Eileen Whatshername's, in the school's upcoming Maypole Dance (seriously... it's called that). My mom told me girls aren't supposed to call boys. I was like, "Okay. I'll just ask him when I see him at school." Btw, I did ask him, and he did switch partners... Maypole dance... If I only knew then...
Oh crap. Forgot my point. ;);)

I PM men sometimes! But usually I'm too lazy to do it right away, and end up forgetting altogether.

I've actually gotten more PM's from women than I've sent. Not an impressive number as it isn't double digits. I do believe I've gotten a response to every PM I've sent.

Back