HEY! Whatchoo lookin' at!?

As you say (i think you mean) that the use of line weight should not over shadow the message.

Its visual elegance in the round that casts a quiet spell

Last edited:
I didn't see that work (I still can't because I can't zoom in). I googled Mashima before my last comment. The first two pages of images were single line weight drawings. Two drawings I saw were sketcherly. However, he used single line weight lines, grouped together, to make what looked like a weighted line and that's how he left it. Even when making a weighted line, western artists sketch in the same fashion, but they go the extra distance to make one weighted line. Remember I said "the artists in that genre can suddenly do exemplary drawings"?

BY AND LARGE, manga artists like to do cheap and easy artwork with very little detail. "Grind it out fast" seems to be their motto. Why put that much detail into it? You might as well take a photograph, otherwise. And that's why their art is mostly lack luster to me.

Art, or at least the kind that I like, isn't something where someone says "you want a drawing of yourself? *draws a stick figure* Here! There's a drawing of you, now go away." Art, by it's nature is someone putting more time into making something look "right" in the artists' eyes. Although excessive time alone doesn't qualify all art as good.

There was one portrait artist of the 1800's (I forget his name) who did strikingly accurate portraits (paintings) of people in phenomenally record breaking time. I believe he kept his models (who he was painting) around only long enough to focus on their faces, then did their clothes and the surroundings after they left (because who cares if the gather in your clothing is 100% accurate?).
My point is, there are ways to make shortcuts, but after a while, if you clip off enough corners of a square, you'll be left with a circle.

Note : By and large, "manga" artists use digital programs to draw. By and large, most programs use single line weights. By and large, digital art is usually looked at less appealingly. Have I explained my reasoning well enough now?

I normally will notice. Or rather I notice the lack of it when it isn't there, which is why I usually don't like manga art. I look at Manga art and go "blah." It took me a little while of analyzing to realize why I was going "blah."

Your "reasoning" is flawed.
"Even when making a weighted line, western artists sketch in the same fashion, but they go the extra distance to make one weighted line"
not even a "generalization".

Western artists drawn in EVREY imaginable way, as do Japanes artists and Western artists attempting to draw manga. Japanese art has a great tradition of ink brush work in both calligraphy and imagery. — This has extended into comics as well. Of course there are those that utilize fixed size pens. And initially many digital drawing programs used fixed with lines, but today there are as many digital brushes as can be imagined.

"BY AND LARGE, manga artists like to do cheap and easy artwork with very little detail." (you do say "by and large" _ with emphasis, however, you also go on to note about "art" and "artists" >
"Art, or at least the kind that I like, isn't something where someone says "you want a drawing of yourself? *draws a stick figure* Here! There's a drawing of you, now go away." Art, by it's nature is someone putting more time into making something look "right" in the artists' eyes. Although excessive time alone doesn't qualify all art as good"

To those comments I say : "By and large manga ARTISTS take the time necessary to create wonderful works with weighted lines (or not, as their style requires). And , of course, with practice/skill the time may be reduced"

Yes, there is a LOT of poor manga (much is being done by strict amateurs and fans of the genre), there is a LOT of single line-weight manga (by both amateurs and professionals), there is also quite a bit of imagery with varied line weight and much detail (or simplicity).

You may never like ANY of it, that is fine.
or maybe it is just the single weight works that don't appeal and you should look further.

You may never like ANY of it, that is fine.
Your "reasoning" is flawed.

I try to explain my reasoning, but my reasoning is flawed, ...which doesn't sound like it's fine. So, apparently that I might not like it, ISN'T fine.

So, in other words, you're contradictory.

...By and large, manga ARTISTS take the time necessary to create wonderful works with weighted lines...

Yes, there is a LOT of poor manga (much is being done by strict amateurs and fans of the genre), there is a LOT of single line-weight manga (by both amateurs and professionals), there is also quite a bit of imagery with varied line weight and much detail (or simplicity).

This section has so many contradictions, it hurts. By and large, means "in general, most..."

"Most" defines as "the majority of; nearly all of", so it's a percentage close to 100% so let's say about 90%
"a lot" defines as "a large number or amount; a great deal", so let's say about 75%
"quite a bit" defines as "a large amount of something," so lets say about 75%

So, in other words, you're saying; there's about 240% of manga out there and most of it is crap by amateurs, but there's also an equal amount of it that is single weight lines, by both amateurs and pros, but there's also an equal amount of it that is also wonderful.

OR​

Were you trying to say that there's 165% manga out there, and 90% of it is crap by amateurs, but almost an equal amount of it that done by amateurs and pros that is wonderful, and almost an equal amount of those is in single line weight.

...but I thought before, you said "Mashima and many others (manga artists, presumably) use weighted lines"?

...and you have the audacity to say my reasoning is flawed?

Tell you what, just keep on telling me that it's fine that I don't like "any" of it (which I never said), but why I don't like it isn't fine.

I try to explain my reasoning, but my reasoning is flawed, ...which doesn't sound like it's fine. So, apparently that I might not like it, ISN'T fine.

So, in other words, you're contradictory.

Your "reasoning" is flawed, your opinion is yours and THAT is fine.

This section has so many contradictions, it hurts. By and large, means "in general, most..."

"Most" defines as "the majority of; nearly all of", so it's a percentage close to 100% so let's say about 90%
"a lot" defines as "a large number or amount; a great deal", so let's say about 75%
"quite a bit" defines as "a large amount of something," so lets say about 75%

So, in other words, you're saying; there's about 240% of manga out there and most of it is crap by amateurs, but there's also an equal amount of it that is single weight lines, by both amateurs and pros, but there's also an equal amount of it that is also wonderful.

Nope.
Not saying percentages or amounts.
just acknowledging that some is crap, in ANY/every technique and genre.

"lots" is NOT a percentage, it is more than a few.... that could mean HUNDREDS, which seems like a lot, but I suspect there are multiple THOUSANDs of exmaples bth good and bad.

Were you trying to say that there's 165% manga out there, and 90% of it is crap by amateurs, but almost an equal amount of it that done by amateurs and pros that is wonderful, and almost an equal amount of those is in single line weight.

...but I thought before, you said "Mashima and many others (manga artists, presumably) use weighted lines"?

...and you have the audacity to say my reasoning is flawed?

Tell you what, just keep on telling me that it's fine that I don't like "any" of it (which I never said), but why I don't like it isn't fine.

sure:
"Mashima and many others (manga artists, presumably) use weighted lines"
maybe not EVERY time, but that leg example I showed is Mashima's.
And I only picked that, because it was one of the 1st that googled up.

so, I'll keep telling you what I perceive as unreasonable "reasoning" :)

Manga is not about single weight line, even if that is what you have seen, and don't care for. in other words — single weight line does not define manga.

ain't no thang — my opinion (or yours)
that's fine.:)

You might not like single weight line.
You might not like manga.
you almost certainly don't like single weight manga.
That's fine.

you seem to think that manga is defined by single weight line.
nope. regardless of percentages.

Last edited:
I enjoy seeing human (at least one subject being human) couplings and desire in ways that cannot (easily) be translated via photography, sometimes that means a distortion of physical limitations, a transparency. Sometimes this is done via suggestion and other times explicit focus.

The "best" works, are those where the artist understands anatomy, weight, volume, light and shadow even when "taking liberties".

As with other genres of fantasy and sci-fi, there needs to be some "resonance" being able to suspend one's disbelief via a "grounding" in reality/plausibility.

I much prefer seeing the "artist's hand" in their work — a certain looseness, when drawn or painted. A naturalness. vs slavish "tight" rendering/painting, which too often can give the sense of a "studio" shot or a "programmed" image.

It seems that there are folk who are intrigued enough to peek at various threads here, but not so moved to engage about the imagery.

I know that some folk who do not move in the visual arts world, may feel they can't discuss it, because of the mysterious language of art. pfffft.

Give it a go.

What do you like? I'm not talking — composition, balance, color theroy etc...

I mean more — subject, content. eg. couples, just women, just men, explicit, romantic, hardcore, sci-fi.... whatever. If there are styles/techniques you like that's also fair game.

Sure, I might take you to task, if something seems contradictory, but you can certainly voice your opinion.

Hi, new here

So I'm really into female pleasure art. As long as the girl in it is having a great time...oh boy it gets me!

And I like it simple. No vore, transforming, mega-alien sex stuff. Just a girl(s) having a fun time.

I've tried to make my own stuff, but it never comes out right.

Hi, new here

So I'm really into female pleasure art. As long as the girl in it is having a great time...oh boy it gets me!

And I like it simple. No vore, transforming, mega-alien sex stuff. Just a girl(s) having a fun time.

I've tried to make my own stuff, but it never comes out right.

I bet there is plenty of that topic to be seen. :)

Just now, when I went to Literotica Discussion Board(which shows list of the various forums), I noted that 10 people were viewing The Visual Artists Corner. That's quite a lot at one time.

And if one notes the cumulative views for each thread, they do grow.

I would guess that curiosity about thread titles/topics and/or particular posters draws (heh heh) in viewers.

But there is scarcely any engagement.

edit: by they time I posted this, the number had dropped to 3.:rolleyes:

Just now, when I went to Literotica Discussion Board(which shows list of the various forums), I noted that 10 people were viewing The Visual Artists Corner. That's quite a lot at one time.

And if one notes the cumulative views for each thread, they do grow.

I would guess that curiosity about thread titles/topics and/or particular posters draws (heh heh) in viewers.

But there is scarcely any engagement.

edit: by they time I posted this, the number had dropped to 3.:rolleyes:

Most meaningful engagement is from peers, the rest are happy as bystanders

Most meaningful engagement is from peers, the rest are happy as bystanders

There is scant engagement from peers.
"happy as bystanders", I wonder (obviously), if they are "happy" with what they see, or if they are genuine people — might the counter be registering "view" by bots?

Is it futile to post anything?

There is scant engagement from peers.
"happy as bystanders", I wonder (obviously), if they are "happy" with what they see, or if they are genuine people — might the counter be registering "view" by bots?

Is it futile to post anything?
Futile – I doubt it.
Everything has a consequence and visual communication is primal.

Futile – I doubt it.
Everything has a consequence and visual communication is primal.

I agree that visual communication is primal. Arguably more so for males.

Posting having a "consequence", sounds bad. :eek:
I do think that everything has an "effect", often negligible or imperceptible.
A post (of an image) here, seems to be, what my dad might have called, "a fart in a wind storm."

I agree that visual communication is primal. Arguably more so for males.

Posting having a "consequence", sounds bad. :eek:
I do think that everything has an "effect", often negligible or imperceptible.
A post (of an image) here, seems to be, what my dad might have called, "a fart in a wind storm."

When I said consequence I was looking at it in the whole.
For instance – forcing an effect has the consequence, if it fails, of creating despondency.

Personally I draw to fill the void – like whistling in the dark.

Arguably more so for males. Yea if its brutish and in yer face.

You could look at every visitor as a small current eddying/prancing/pirouetting away into eternity. Thats what I chose to believe. You could also say a picture is a message in a bottle.

When I said consequence I was looking at it in the whole.
For instance – forcing an effect has the consequence, if it fails, of creating despondency.

Personally I draw to fill the void – like whistling in the dark.

Arguably more so for males. Yea if its brutish and in yer face.

You could look at every visitor as a small current eddying/prancing/pirouetting away into eternity. Thats what I chose to believe. You could also say a picture is a message in a bottle.

optimistic. :) (and poetic)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Seems out of the way - under the stairs – segregated – clunky/opening and closing doors.

I prefer this open plan and flowing style of board. Is the idea to close this corner?

Speaking of...
Whatchoo lookin' at?

Has anyone here looked at "the beta version of our Adult Illustrations section" ?

If you do/have, what do you think?

Seems out of the way - under the stairs – segregated – clunky/opening and closing doors.

I prefer this open plan and flowing style of board. Is the idea to close this corner?

I agree. It needs a lot of work, but it's "something".

I really don't know about any future plans.
I kinda doubt they would close this corner.

I agree. It needs a lot of work, but it's "something".

I really don't know about any future plans.
I kinda doubt they would close this corner.

I suppose its an anomaly having an art board on a literature site. The views are only drawn from litrot constituents.

I was surprised to see some variety in styles at the othr place but its really a fag to browse. Even if there was a payoff.

Now can we have a minutes silence
my number one fan 'Icequeen' – formerly 'ice princess' – is abdicating and deleting her account – you lot drove her to it bitches ! ; not being entertaining enough.

As I have said on another site
The dead eyed consumer have hollowed out many fine sites by not participating with content or comment.
If you're going to gorge bring something to the table bitches

Now can we have a minutes silence
my number one fan 'Icequeen' – formerly 'ice princess' – is abdicating and deleting her account – you lot drove her to it bitches ! ; not being entertaining enough.

What!?
awe. no.:(

oops, that was not very silent.
I'll do that next. (for a moment)

So anyone (besides fluke) who has actually been to the Adult Illustrations section?
Did you comment?
Did you favorite?
Did you vote?

What did you like there?

Back