For you....

Noor

Citizen of the World
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Posts
30,297
This is for a friend, don't know any other way right now to show him this pic.

It is a tree decorated by the kids in my building and hung with their hopes and wishes for the future.

Anyone else is free to look too.

Noor
 

Attachments

  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 300
These are a line of silly geese that decided to WALK out in front of my car in single file across the street. I was only going about 30 so I was able to stop, but then again I bet they knew I always stop for silly geese ;)
 

Attachments

  • geeselt1.jpg
    geeselt1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
also lost souls, silly men, bearded tomatoes...
 

Attachments

  • geeselt2.jpg
    geeselt2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 111
Morris dancers from the 4th of July parade.
 

Attachments

  • morris.jpg
    morris.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 94
Steam train in Sacramento, CA that I rode in the charming company of 4 little boys who were better behaved than the grown ups ;)
 

Attachments

  • sttrain.jpg
    sttrain.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 76
I really

like the steam engine - the simmering latent power
 
This is the local conservatory near my house. I go there in the winter to breathe fresh warm air and also to write in peace. I usually write in the palm or fern room. This is the sunken garden, full of flowers and a long pond with Koi. Sometime a friend and I go there to secretly feed them very fancy koi food and they jump out of the water for it, while we look nonchalantly at a plant nearby.
 

Attachments

  • conserv.jpg
    conserv.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 76
sorry double post
 
Last edited:
No picture today, just a link.

Went to the musuem today and saw Crossing the Channel, British and French Painting in the Age of Romanticism:
http://www.artsmia.org/crossing-the-channel/ .

My impressions: overall very good, but too many shipwrecks and horses! lots of propaganda. Some really cute kid paintings though. The key piece was a copy of Gericault's Raft of the Medusa, painted 3 yrs after the original. The original used some unstable paints, I guess, so the copy was made.

Anyway, it was huge, bigger than my livingroom-16x23 feet. I asked how they transported it. Turns out they unframe and roll it up, I looked on the sides, the part that is attached to the frame, and it had hundreds of holes left over from all the times it has been exhibited over the years since 1822!
 
Last edited:
Noor said:
No picture today, just a link.

Went to the musuem today and saw Crossing the Channel, British and French Painting in the Age of Romanticism:
http://www.artsmia.org/crossing-the-channel/ .

My impressions: overall very good, but too many shipwrecks and horses! lots of propaganda. Some really cute kid paintings though. The key piece was a copy of Gericault's Raft of the Medusa, painted 3 yrs after the original. The original used some unstable paints, I guess, so the copy was made.

Anyway, it was huge, bigger than my livingroom-16x23 feet. I asked how they transported it. Turns out they unframe and roll it up, I looked on the sides, the part that is attached to the frame, and it had hundreds of holes left over from all the times it has been exhibited over the years since 1822!

Have a look at this, I think you'l enjoy it:
http://www.tate.org.uk/home/default.htm
 
systeman said:
I enjoyed the sounds here (not much use online though!)

http://www.tate.org.uk/liverpool/exhibitions/janetcardiff/

it is a shame they don't put some of the voices on line. I would very much like to experience that exhibit. Maybe next year I can.

There are chinese period rooms here that were brought in there entirity, including floors, the exterior walls and roof.
When you first walk through this room there is a particular smell, not unpleasant just very different from others:
http://www.artsmia.org/uia-bin/uia_doc.cgi/query/1?uf=uia_WJNVEc
I was told is it the smell of a wood that no longer exists.

There is also a wall of doors with little translucent pieces of mother of pearl stuck in the lattice work so light can come in.
 
Re: Another

systeman said:
place with smells in the exhibition (again not much use online!) is the Yorvik Centre - showing excavations of the Viking settlement in what is now York.

http://www.jorvik-viking-centre.co.uk/

Haven't been there either.

I remember a bomb shelter "experience" at the imperial war musuem, that had smells, temps and even particles in the air after you emerged from the shelter when the all clear sounded and you could see, feel and smell the bombing of London.

Also at Epcot Center, which is Disney, in Orlando Florida there was a ride where you go back in time and you can see and feel the prehistoric swamps.
 
Re: Re: Another

Noor said:
Haven't been there either.

I remember a bomb shelter "experience" at the imperial war musuem, that had smells, temps and even particles in the air after you emerged from the shelter when the all clear sounded and you could see, feel and smell the bombing of London.

Also at Epcot Center, which is Disney, in Orlando Florida there was a ride where you go back in time and you can see and feel the prehistoric swamps.


Fortunately, after a problem with water pressure, the shower is fine, or I would also qualify as "an experience" with smells!
 
a new one

sorry double post
 
Last edited:
a new one

To cheer me up today , a friend sent me this pic that her new "friend" sent her. It's in Dumfries.

I think it is part of a campaign of seduction, along with celtic music, and for a water nymph such as myself it might just work. ;)
 

Attachments

  • waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 85
Looks like it might be time for some more pictures.

I went to a pirate party recently, most people came as pirates. Here is Mephisto trying to eat with his talons:
 

Attachments

  • mephseat.jpg
    mephseat.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 56
There was a pretty entertaining bra unhooking contest going on in the kitchen. The teenage children of the participants were not as amused.

Tinkerbell took 30 secs to unhook his own bra, most of the women about 3, a male software pirate did it in 8 secs, I just laughed a lot and took pictures. I hate bras anyway.
 

Attachments

  • tinkbraun.jpg
    tinkbraun.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Going to a concert of these guys for my birthday:
flash/Belladonna

I was just looking at their site and I realized I know that pipa player on their last album, small world...
 
Back
Top