I submitted my first story to Literotica

How will I know if and when they choose to post it?

Thanks
It will sit in Pending for a week or so - you being a new writer, takes a bit longer because Laurel (the site editor) will vett your content more closely to make sure it adheres to the site's content policies.

If there's a breach, the story will be "Sent Back" with one of about half a dozen standard rejection notes (couched in the form of questions). If that happens, address the questions, tweak your text or clarify your intent in a Note to the Editor, and resubmit using the same story title.

If there's no problem with the story, it will disappear from Pending and go live shortly after midnight that day (EST I think - someone in America will confirm that). As noted, new writers may take a week or so. Once you become more established, it's usually 2 - 4 days (unless there's a contest on, in which case a non- contest story might be a bit slower).
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your first! Laurel will approve you (or not) when she gets around to you. My first series was rejected -- I learned from that. And ~120 stories later, I've learned the most important LIT author's need: patience. It happens when it happens. You can slow it down but not speed it up. That's life. Enjoy.
 
Congrats on putting your first effort forward.

As others have said, it may be a couple of extra days for a first effort. Don't worry we all survived it. And some of us learned the valuable lessons of what Laurel will and won't put up with.

Don't take it personally if there is a rejection and an obvious boilerplate note attached. She is very busy (just look at the number of new stories that show up every day).

If you are not sure what is implied in the letter, go over to the proof reader's forum and ask politely for help.

Welcome to the merry band of eclectics that hang out around here.

James
 
Back
Top