Writing Goal for the Day?

Sweet jaysus! I was begging for a break but work was insanely busy that now I don't even want to think about writing. Stupid me, mapped out a few things on post it notes in a flurry of calls so I've got to pen a few pages while it's hot. Fail.

Let's face it, anytime any of us post here we're being lazy and not writing or working.

Oh by the way JB? there is this thing called an apostrophe looks kind of like this

' ' '
They're useful in words like you're and Don't. I mean talk about lazy.

Since I'm conservative I naturally try to conserve them when I can.

So... damn... tired. But seeing as I didn't even accomplish yesterday's goal, it's time to put the nose to the ol' grindstone.

How the hell can it only be Monday? I thought it was at least Wednesday when I woke up this morning. :(

So... damn... tired. But seeing as I didn't even accomplish yesterday's goal, it's time to put the nose to the ol' grindstone.

How the hell can it only be Monday? I thought it was at least Wednesday when I woke up this morning. :(

Mondays always sneak up on you, somehow. I'm kind of counting the minutes until the youngest is in bed, as then I can think about getting some time. And since she was tired earlier,and we went to the pool, I'm thinking sooner rather than later on bedtime.

Mondays always sneak up on you, somehow. I'm kind of counting the minutes until the youngest is in bed, as then I can think about getting some time. And since she was tired earlier,and we went to the pool, I'm thinking sooner rather than later on bedtime.

Yay for taking them to the pool and using that membership!

Hockey or reindeer tonight?

And have you thought about hockey-playing reindeer? ;)

I understand the appeal of saving everything. And I used to do that. But I'd open up my folder, see a dozen files looking at me, and feel guilty for not finding homes for everything. I'd wonder if I really liked the version I had best. And I'd never actually finish things.

They don't say Injure Your Darlings. Murder them. :)

My oldest (15) is babysitting right now. My 12yo is hanging in the living room. And I gave the 11yo to the neighbors. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there!

I understand the appeal of saving everything. And I used to do that. But I'd open up my folder, see a dozen files looking at me, and feel guilty for not finding homes for everything. I'd wonder if I really liked the version I had best. And I'd never actually finish things.

They don't say Injure Your Darlings. Murder them. :)

My theory is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Yay for taking them to the pool and using that membership!

Hockey or reindeer tonight?

And have you thought about hockey-playing reindeer? ;)

The pool was nice today. Water was cool enough to be refreshing without being too cold. We were there for quite a while, longer than I expected.

Probably a little hockey and a little reindeer, both. :)

I did think about a hockey-playing werewolf, but it hasn't happened yet.

My oldest (15) is babysitting right now. My 12yo is hanging in the living room. And I gave the 11yo to the neighbors. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there!

Haha, right now the 3yo is quite put out that her dad and brother are watching Doctor Who and won't let her talk while it's on. So yeah, bedtime for her is real soon. I meant it to be earlier but was trying to let her get a little daddy time in before bed.

My theory is if I don't keep it, I'll get pissed at myself and I have enough stress so I just keep stuff. Plus it's not like it takes up physical space and collects dust.

Fair enough. If the thought that you'd let go of something you shouldn't have is going to cause you anguish, it's silly to let go of it. Not like there's any practical limit to the number of .doc's you can save on your machine. :)

For me, personally, having it lying around makes me think that I should be sweeping through those files from time to time to find salvage, and that causes more anguish than the thought that maybe I could have used something does. I type fast, and I rewrite everything several times anyway, so the cost of writing a scene over again that I'd written before (but would probably hate if I reread anyway) is minimal. YMMV.

That was Woodrow Call's philosophy, as well.

Personally I got that from Dad. he used to say that about overtime. That you always took the extra money whether you really needed it or not. Seeing I worked almost 60 hours last week I guess it stuck.

That was Woodrow Call's philosophy, as well.

I once had a friend who Dove right in and kept all sorts of things in case he needed them, and, like Woodrow Call, he ended up Lonesome because of it.

:D

OK, that was bad. I'm no good at puns.

Last edited:
Fair enough. If the thought that you'd let go of something you shouldn't have is going to cause you anguish, it's silly to let go of it. Not like there's any practical limit to the number of .doc's you can save on your machine. :)

For me, personally, having it lying around makes me think that I should be sweeping through those files from time to time to find salvage, and that causes more anguish than the thought that maybe I could have used something does. I type fast, and I rewrite everything several times anyway, so the cost of writing a scene over again that I'd written before (but would probably hate if I reread anyway) is minimal. YMMV.

See, now that's funny, b/c it doesn't bother me at all to have them. Of course, I'm not talking about stories that I started and left for a while. I'm talking -- like I just did -- that I'll write a scene, feel it's not working, but since I took the time to do it, I figure I might as well keep it. But not using them doesn't bother me.

I once had a friend who Dove right in and kept all sorts of things in case he needed them, and, like Woodrow Call, he ended up Lonesome because of it.

:D

OK, that was bad. I'm no good at puns.

That's okay, I didn't get it anyway. :D (btw, saw that you kept the napoleons line at the end of Viva la Corse. Thanks!)

See, now that's funny, b/c it doesn't bother me at all to have them. Of course, I'm not talking about stories that I started and left for a while. I'm talking -- like I just did -- that I'll write a scene, feel it's not working, but since I took the time to do it, I figure I might as well keep it. But not using them doesn't bother me.

I guess, like LC, I get it from my parents. My mother was always telling us "Find a home for it or throw it out. I'm tired of looking at it." <shrug>

(btw, saw that you kept the napoleons line at the end of Viva la Corse. Thanks!)

Are you using paper towels right now, by any chance? :rolleyes: (psst... vive is French, Viva is a brand of paper towels.)

It was a good line, even if I do dislike them. Thanks for supplying it. :)

Back