what are your thoughts on the rating system?

Well it's not really inconsequential is it? Ratings and views are all we have to assess how readers view our stories so for those of us that care, they're important.

I think you put more faith in readers at a wide-open porn site than I do. Sorry, I see a separation here. The readers here can give a good idea to me what is sexually arousing--and that's what I'm trying to latch into by posting stories here. But an assessment of what is good writing and story-telling? Not even close.
 
I think you put more faith in readers at a wide-open porn site than I do. Sorry, I see a separation here. The readers here can give a good idea to me what is sexually arousing--and that's what I'm trying to latch into by posting stories here. But an assessment of what is good writing and story-telling? Not even close.

Oh I agree completely. Arousing for sure. That's the whole target readership here.

Good writing and story telling? You might get feedback on that in the comments but it's more at the one liner level. I find the readers that actually do offline feedback that I email backwards and forwards with give me far better comments but again, not on whats "good writing". That you have to learn all on your own.
 
If I was allowed a change in the ratings it would be to eliminate the top 5% and bottom 5% of the votes. Some little peckerheads seem to have problems with stories that feature cuckholding or women who have the advantage over their husbands and probably always give a 1 vote. Then there are some people who Favorite literally thousands of stories and they probably vote a 5 for everything. So just skim off the extremes on the top and bottom, it should still give a representative vote. If there are 100 votes, taking off 5 on each end still leaves 90 to give a fair vote.
 
Back
Top