PM asshattery

As someone who has spoken to, and ignored, her... I have to agree with you.

Still boring and ignorant. It is asshatttery if that is the first and only contact with/from the asshat. If it feels like asshattery it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTFery right outta left field:

what do you think about Female genital mutilation invite for your valuable ideas I'll tell you the story behind this if you are interested to have a conversation

Me: I think its a barbaric practice practiced by the uneducated in poor countries to perpetuate female helplessness and rob women of the right to their own bodies.
I'm NOT interested in a conversation with you, the very fact that you are anything but against this is good enough reason for me to treat any further communication with you with intense disgust.

Seriously, WTF? what the HELL makes someone think THAT is an appropriate topic for a first PM????

Still boring and ignorant. It is asshatttery if that is the first and only contact with/from the asshat. If it feels like asshattery it is.

You have issues then.
What "Jim" said, is something I would expect a stranger at a bar to say. He introduced himself and asked if you care to chat.
So what, you don't. You said "no" and he didn't write back. The end.
But noooooo you take the time to copy/paste here? Really?

You have issues then.
What "Jim" said, is something I would expect a stranger at a bar to say. He introduced himself and asked if you care to chat.
So what, you don't. You said "no" and he didn't write back. The end.
But noooooo you take the time to copy/paste here? Really?

Somehow you fail to understand the few words of my post:

He didn't introduce himself, this was the first and only thing he said.

Does that change your thinking?

I wouldn't be in favor of that. There are some very worthwhile people who lurk here but seldom or never post.

I thought more about this... There's the law of unintended consequences...

I once was a member of a heavily, but poorly, moderated forum that had this sort of rule, except it was for image viewing. There would be floods of crappy posts to increase post count with the moderators coming along to remove them. This vicious cycle continued until either [x] passable posts were made, with that poster to never post again, or the poster gave up.

I also saw the exact same thing here. Two weekends ago, one new user crap-flooded the word games posts until he got enough posts to have an avatar. After that he calmed down and started playing the games as they're supposed to be played.

Such a rule, on this type of forum, might end up being a bad thing.

One way could be to use an algorithm to determine what's a garbage user and what's not and silently never deliver PMs until a certain "ranking" is achieved. The inner workings could never be revealed to users, of course. But, I can't imagine that much work being put into this forum.

blase quoth:
i wouldn't be in favor of that. there are some very worthwhile people who lurk here but seldom or never post.
honestly blase, i don't know of any myself. if you say they exist, OK, but frankly, if they can't be bothered to post i can't be bothered to care. i'm worthwhile lurker-agnostic, i guess you could say.

imagineme2 quoth:
he didn't introduce himself, this was the first and only thing he said.

does that change your thinking?
although this wasn't addressed to me, it does not change mine.

i'm curious: to your way of thinking, what is a superior way of introducing himself? cuz unless there's some kind of relevant unspecified context, that certainly looks like an introduction to me.

ed

honestly blase, i don't know of any myself. if you say they exist, OK, but frankly, if they can't be bothered to post i can't be bothered to care. i'm worthwhile lurker-agnostic, i guess you could say.

although this wasn't addressed to me, it does not change mine.

i'm curious: to your way of thinking, what is a superior way of introducing himself? cuz unless there's some kind of relevant unspecified context, that certainly looks like an introduction to me.

ed

It would have been better received if he would have introduced himself ahead of time, 5 or 6 word grunts are never appreciated.

It would have been better received if he would have introduced himself ahead of time, 5 or 6 word grunts are never appreciated.

You mean desperately chase after you in the playground threads before sending a message?

Nah... It's funny to watch you whine about ol' Jim and say hateful things about me. You really get bent out of shape if you get told no.

You aren't smart enough to bother me, don't flatter yourself.

Somehow you fail to understand the few words of my post:

He didn't introduce himself, this was the first and only thing he said.

Does that change your thinking?

Nope. I still think you have issues.

Originally Posted by ImagineMe2
Asshat: Hi, I'm Jim, Care to chat?
ImagineMe2: No...

What do you consider an introduction?

Nope. I still think you have issues.

Originally Posted by ImagineMe2
Asshat: Hi, I'm Jim, Care to chat?
ImagineMe2: No...

What do you consider an introduction?

Clearly he told me his name, nothing about himself. I don't consider us as introduced. Not sure what your issue with me is but you seem to be persistently upset for some reason.

Clearly he told me his name, nothing about himself. I don't consider us as introduced. Not sure what your issue with me is but you seem to be persistently upset for some reason.

Don't flatter yourself. Just pointing out that you are wrong.

imagineme: by any chance, did you read any of the previous posts in this thread? because if the PM you quoted is your standard for asshat, then the fact that you've been here barely a month is painfully & ludicrously obvious.

ed

Her said:
You are pathetic with your signature picture hitting a women.

I'm mostly just putting this here because the irony of it makes me laugh.

I had a different pic before, by the way. It wasn't in relation to this one.

But, for someone to complain about the PM's she gets and then turn around and send PMs like this is, as I said, ironic.

Good day, all. :)

Last edited:
should-you-send-that-dick-pic-flow-chart.jpg

I'm mostly just putting this here because the irony of it makes me laugh.

I had a different pic before, by the way. It wasn't in relation to this one.

But, for someone to complain about the PM's she gets and then turn around and send PMs like this is, as I said, ironic.

Good day, all. :)

You're right, it's pretty ironic. And if the pic was portraying spanking or other consensual impact play, then her comment was ignorant, as well.

I do have to admit your current animated GIF is large and fast-cycling enough to make it extremely difficult for me to read what you've written. I don't usually feel the need to Adblock images here, but I'm going to have to block your sig pic just to read your future posts. :( I'd imagine if it's that distracting to me, it's highly likely to fall somewhere between very bothersome and downright dangerous for folks with certain conditions. There are quite a few folks with neurological and visual issues who frequent this site, BTW.

Of course it's your prerogative, but you may want to consider how both the content and style of images could affect other members when you're selecting them. Typically, it's best to err on the side of small, static and tasteful if you want others to focus on your words vs. your sig or avatar. Larger images and long sigs often make it difficult for those who have smaller screens to browse threads, as well. Just something to think about. :)

Last edited:
You're right, it's pretty ironic. And if the pic was portraying spanking or other consensual impact play, then her comment was ignorant, as well.

I do have to admit your current animated GIF is large and fast-cycling enough to make it extremely difficult for me to read what you've written. I don't usually feel the need to Adblock images here, but I'm going to have to block your sig pic just to read your future posts. :( I'd imagine if it's that distracting to me, it's highly likely to fall somewhere between very bothersome and downright dangerous for folks with conditions like epilepsy. There are quite a few folks with neurological and visual issues who frequent this site, BTW.

Of course it's your prerogative, but you may want to consider how both the content and style of images could affect other members when you're selecting them. Typically, it's best to err on the side of small, static and tasteful if you want others to focus on your words vs. your sig or avatar. Larger images and long sigs often make it difficult for those who have smaller screens to browse threads, as well. Just something to think about. :)

I just ignore those folks... Most of my ignore list is dick pics and irritating signatures.

Back